• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 When a zombie grabs you

iProinsias

And the right stick prompt comes up, are you supposed to just wiggle the stick back and forth or rotate it? Its incredibly frustrating to not be given clear instructions on what to do. I mean I don't want my hand held, but come on. How about a little direction? And for some reason (and this may be the case for everyone), my game didn't come with a manual. Is this going to be a trend with games now? Sleeping Dogs has no manual either (but at least that game tells you things you need to know).

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah its a ridiculous trend with modern games to give us a flimsy two page instruction manual or none at all. I used to enjoy carefully reading manuals on the way home to play a game, always was cool reading a story background and other info as well as controls!
Anyway in regards to your issue, it is usually rotate Left stick anti clockwise.
It depends on your stance also, Eg. Usually, if you are standing up and grabbed, it is Tap A to escape, if lieing down is rotate stick, and you can actually start doing the movement Before the prompt comes up, so if i grabbed im already tapping/turning stick before the prompt and my bar is like halfway up already. Same with tap RT finishing moves, you can start holding RT before it says it.
Another small tip is is that wireless controllers have a tiny input lag, as can playing on a slow television and other things can also effect how much delay there is from your controller to what you see on screen.
On RE5, if i used a wireless controller, i would struggle to quick reload in inventory quickly enough, i can feel the difference so i use wired controllers.

ResidentE

really? That's what I love about this game. Not everything is explained properly. Everytime you play, you find new stuff you can use against the zombie-invasion. I truly hate it, when you play a game and every few seconds, the game freezes or something and explains what you're doing. I always try to skip any tutorial if possible.Because it's so frustrating

Also, not for one second have I ever had trouble getting out of the zombie grabs. What I do: Everytime when a zombie grabs you, as soon as you see the cutscene, start pressing X and rotating the stick either clockwise or counterclockwise. That solves pretty much the entire grabbing problem in the entire game. To rotate I usually use my thumbs but when I'm not fast enough I usually stop and use my hand instead.

(ofc when you see what you have to do, you stop the other thing. Either rotating or pressing)

iProinsias

really? That's what I love about this game. Not everything is explained properly. Everytime you play, you find new stuff you can use against the zombie-invasion. I truly hate it, when you play a game and every few seconds, the game freezes or something and explains what you're doing. I always try to skip any tutorial if possible.Because it's so frustrating

Also, not for one second have I ever had trouble getting out of the zombie grabs. What I do: Everytime when a zombie grabs you, as soon as you see the cutscene, start pressing X and rotating the stick either clockwise or counterclockwise. That solves pretty much the entire grabbing problem in the entire game. To rotate I usually use my thumbs but when I'm not fast enough I usually stop and use my hand instead.

(ofc when you see what you have to do, you stop the other thing. Either rotating or pressing)

That is highly useful info....

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!

Same as me, thumb until it gets too hard, then the palm of my hand, it's insanely quick doing that.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Actually, you can use either shaking the stick or rotate it. Both work. However, I find it much faster when I rotate :)

ResidentE

I hope you buy a dictionary, so you learn what "irony" means.

well. hmm. Let me try to explain it to you then. What you tried to do, was to use sarcasm. However, because your post was far more useless than what I said, it's rather ironic. I'm sorry.

Second. Really? You are attacking someone who just helped you? Isn't a thank you just enough?

I have reported you, for attacking someone personally for no apparant reason, other than helping you.

iProinsias

well. hmm. Let me try to explain it to you then. What you tried to do, was to use sarcasm. However, because your post was far more useless than what I said, it's rather ironic. I'm sorry.

Second. Really? You are attacking someone who just helped you? Isn't a thank you just enough?

I have reported you, for attacking someone personally for no apparant reason, other than helping you.

Ohhhhhh, that'll show me. And no, that wasn't irony. I know what it is, that wasn't it. Again, buy a dictionary, look it up.

Top Bottom