• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your top RE games list look like?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm excluding Code Veronica as I've yet to play it but other than that, my list goes like this:

1. Resident Evil REmake
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
5. Resident Evil 0
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
8. Resident Evil: Revelations
9. Resident Evil 6

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@KevinStriker, my apologies. Didn't mean to spam you and the rest. My bad. @Airaku that's a pretty spot on assessment of 5. This series truly is great. Can't wait to rank the top 10 side entries.
I've yet to play revelations 2. Looking forward to scraping up the cash for this backlog of wish listed games. I really hope RE 7 gets the main series back on a survival horror focus.

Thank you. I certainly do have an interesting take on the series.

Just so you know. Capcom has stated that the Revelation games are canon and part of the main series. Because all the games are released within a few years of the current year of it's release, and the Revelation games fill the gaps between the series. They named them differently. For example Revelations would need to be called Resident Evil 4.5 and Revelations 2 would need to be 5.5. That would be incredibly silly.

Back to my take on the series. The reason the newer games are ranked higher than some of the originals, which I love to death. Is because find the behind the back view far more adrenaline rushing than the fixed camera angles. The reason for this is that I cannot see what is behind me. In the originals I can see everything around me at once. I know where everything is and it takes away all of the scare factor. Very fun games, but to me, they no more scary than say... Star Craft. I got a clear view of where everything is and know how I need to navigate my way around.

With behind the back view, you have no clue what's behind you and what's about to happen. You need to rely on sound and quick glances. I'll admit that fiction doesn't scare me. That being said Resident Evil 4 gave me some intense moments. Seeing the Regenerator on that table, I stared at that thin for a good 3-4 minutes knifing it. I just knew that ****er was going to get up. I went into the other room and got the key card. I knew something was going to happen, then that little **** was banging on the door. I went up the door to kick it down, and he knocked the door down on me and I feel down. I wasn't able to escape him and he got me. I missed the thermal scope and I had to run from all of them and they flopped around like fish after I blew their legs off. I had to use an RPG to beat the one Iron Maiden you must kill. Those assholes would grab me from 50 feet away and impale me. The amount of doors and gates I closed to get away was insane. RE4 is the best survival horror game I've ever played. I truly felt that I needed to go out of my way to survive. To block off paths and change my strategies on the fly. Also I DID play the game cube version which had more enemies on screen and better AI.

I remember the story where this one 30 year old guy returned the game because the dogs scared him ****less by the Church. The lighting flashing and you can only see them from their eyes. That was a great moment.

While RE5 was never scary. It was still one of the most adrenaline pumping games I've played. You don't know what's behind you and just like in RE4. They grab you without warming. Your health is limited and it can be unforgiving at times.

The moment in RE6 with the giant snake was amazing. Crawling around and the snake just nearly grabs you. Not knowing when it'll pop up. It certainly had it's fill of "oh ****" moments. It was also a great throw back to the snake from the first game.

I think the game will go back to its survival horror roots. I hope it's more like the Revelation games, but to a more extreme. They need to keep the behind the back view, but it needs to be closer to the back like in RE4 and RE5. A smaller field of view.

Revelations 2 is a step in the right direction. We also got the villain we've all be waiting for. Easily the most terrifying character in the series. You'll be in for a treat when you play it. One twisted sick ****. Definitely provides for some amazing traps and one of the best and most intense boss fights in the series. You only get to play that part in the "good ending". We've only seen the beginning of this now force to be reckoned with.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 6
(Haven't played Revelations 2)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Ah man. Toughie.

Here's what I got, best to awesome:

1. Resident Evil 2
  2. Resident Evil 5 (dat co-op)
  3. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
  4. REmake
  5. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
  6. Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
  7. Resident Evil 4
  8. Resident Evil: Survivor

Meg

So bin ich eben
Well I only played a few so far, so here are those ranked:

1) Resident Evil 4
2) RE Remake
3) Resident Evil 6

I'm planning on getting RE0 HD and both Revelations sooner rather than later. (I hope)

Cheer

Kamen Rider
1. Resident Evil 2
2. Resident evil Code Veronica X
3. Resident Evil Revelations 2
4. Resident Evil 1
5. Resident Evil 3
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Resident Evil Revelations
8. Resident Evil Survivor
9. Resident Evil 6
10. Resident Evil 4

I haven't played Zero.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Especially the very dark and serious tones of Revelations 2. The Alex moments is nothing to laugh at, nor is Natalia's character. Very dark and gritty stories. As for Revelations 2 being essentially my favorite game and on par with RE4, far surpassing it storywise but slightly weaker gameplay wise. The whole making fun of Albert Wesker's death was highly uncalled for imho. Especially with the whole "We'll make it slo-mo so no one can say "bull****, Wesker teleported". It kind of felt like Capcom gave me the middle finger. But I loved that Capcom had to balls and had
Alex win.
That is a major **** you to the gamers and the theft of satisfaction. I've heard a lot of gamers vent about it. But let's be honest. That is part of what makes the game soooo freaking good!
As if I didn't already want to play it, you just made it a must have!!! Need money nao!!!

Last edited:

meg5493

Resident evil 2
Resident evil remake
Resident evil: Code Veronica
Resident evil 4
Resident evil Revelations and then every other game just kinda switch back and forth on my list

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Add if I didn't already want to play it, you just made it a must have!!! Need money nao!!!

It's really good and it's one of my favorite stories in video games :) Try to get the physical copy if you can. Even the packaged digital deal is missing stuff. The bonus episode really fills in some major blanks, even if the game play was a little... ugh "The Little Miss" episode was very tedious to play at first, but really gave us a huge understanding about some... things.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Airaku for some reason they always give Claire the best story lines ha-ha. I've always felt that her storyline in Resident Evil 2 was best, her side story in Degeneration interested me more than what was going on with Leon and Angela and, well, I think Code Veronica goes without saying.

@Milk and Cookies Yeah and a lot of people just don't get it; you have to have priorities in your life and games just can't be at the top if you want to continue to have a place to store your PlayStation and your TV. I have so many games on a list to buy but Revelations 2 just shot to the top of it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Airaku for some reason they always give Claire the best story lines ha-ha. I've always felt that her storyline in Resident Evil 2 was best, her side story in Degeneration interested me more than what was going on with Leon and Angela and, well, I think Code Veronica goes without saying.

@Milk and Cookies Yeah and a lot of people just don't get it; you have to have priorities in your life and games just can't be at the top if you want to continue to have a place to store your PlayStation and your TV. I have so many games on a list to buy but Revelations 2 just shot to the top of it.

I don't know if I agree with that. I think Claire is bland and she's probably one of my least favorite of the main characters. She has some good lines here and there, but they change her personality every game and even her style and face :/ RE2 and CVX Claire was consistent, but in the movies and Revelations 2... no way. I miss the bad ass rock star chick.

As for who has the best lines. I'm going to have to give that award to "The Overseer". You'll find out soon enough. She doesn't have any funny lines and she's really dark and serious. She spouts a lot of philosophy and poetic lines. Lots of symbolism that even traces back to the first game. She gives some interesting back story and really makes you think.

For the most humours lines.... well xD I think the movie that Capcom really needs to make is "Meet the Burtons"

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't know if I agree with that. I think Claire is bland and she's probably one of my least favorite of the main characters. She has some good lines here and there, but they change her personality every game and even her style and face :/ RE2 and CVX Claire was consistent, but in the movies and Revelations 2... no way. I miss the bad ass rock star chick.

As for who has the best lines. I'm going to have to give that award to "The Overseer". You'll find out soon enough. She doesn't have any funny lines and she's really dark and serious. She spouts a lot of philosophy and poetic lines. Lots of symbolism that even traces back to the first game. She gives some interesting back story and really makes you think.

For the most humours lines.... well xD I think the movie that Capcom really needs to make is "Meet the Burtons"
Ha-ha no I didn't mean speaking lines, lol. I meant the stories of the games/media she's in.

It's hard but I will try.

10. Resident Evil Dead Aim
9. Resident Evil 5
8. Resident Evil Revelations 2
7. Resident Evil 4
6. Resident Evil Revelations
5. Resident Evil 2
4. Resident Evil Original
3. Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
2. Resident Evil Outbreak (online play)
1. Resident Evil Code Veronica

Top Bottom