• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's Your Japanese Name?

Torque

Please fill your name in Japanese (refer to table below) and show how crazy it looks like.
Just for FUN guys!

A - ka
B - tu
C - mi
D - te
E - ku
F - lu
G - ji
H - ri
I - ki
J - zu
K - me
L - ta
M - rin
N - to
O -mo
P - no
Q - ke
R - shi
S - ari
T - chi
U - do
V -ru
W -mei
X - na
Y - fu
Z - zi

Mine is: Tekataku xD

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Names don't tend to translate that easily into other languages, it sounds easy doing it that way but if you was to ask a japanese person they would probably tell you what you have translated is no where near what it should be. Just like you can't translate your name into chinese for example. Its like my names adam, and it wouldn't change in japan, just like japanses names wouldn't translate directly into english, they would have a relation not a direct translation.

Torque

aintnoscrub;71961 said:
Names don't tend to translate that easily into other languages, it sounds easy doing it that way but if you was to ask a japanese person they would probably tell you what you have translated is no where near what it should be. Just like you can't translate your name into chinese for example. Its like my names adam, and it wouldn't change in japan, just like japanses names wouldn't translate directly into english, they would have a relation not a direct translation.

True, though this is isn't supposed to be the correct translation of an english name to a japanese name. Just another thread to fool around on and see what different names people will get. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I know I know I just wanted to get my point across before the fooling around began lol. Another quick thing Is it wouldn't translate letter to letter, because some sounds in the english language can't be said in japanese

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i already know my name in Japanese, it's Jehuri [well i would have written in Katakana, but i can't, that's how my name would be pronounced though]

Top Bottom