• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite RE spinoff? All 12 ranked from worst to best

meg5493

1. The Outbreak Files 1/2
  2. Revelations 1/2
  3. Deadly Silence
  4. Gaiden
  5. Gun Survivor series
Not counting Code Veronica since I guess its canon
<edit> darn i forgot about the chronicle games and mercenaries 3D :/

Last edited:

meg5493

Aren't the Revelations games and Deadly Silence canon?
I mean, the Revelations games affect the overarching story and Deadly Silence is a DS port of RE1.
Technically DS is a port of Re1 but with REmake making the original RE1 non-canon it kinda counts as a spin off and as far as I know Capcom hasn't really used any or said anything about Rev 1 or 2 in the main story line of the series so until then I count them as spin off's

Milk and Cookies

Revelations seem to be carrying the torch for now, let's hope the series mainline starts to take ques from that and redirect their games.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Aren't the Revelations games and Deadly Silence canon?
I mean, the Revelations games affect the overarching story and Deadly Silence is a DS port of RE1.

Revelations seem to be carrying the torch for now, let's hope the series mainline starts to take ques from that and redirect their games.

Yes they are. They are mainline games and they are as canon as the main numbered titles and are enforced as such. I don't know how many times I need to say it. They are called "Revelations" because they take place in between entries of the numbered titles. Much better than calling it Resident Evil 4.5 and Resident Evil 5.5. They fill in the blanks. We will likely see more of the older characters in Revelation games as our old favorites are getting older. Resident Evil numbered titles are released within 1-3 year gaps of their official release.

Code Veronica X is also canon. Capcom has also stated that the two CGI films are canon. They are on the timeline. The two Chronicle games are also stated as mainstay canon and are to be treated so. Deadly Silence is also canon for obvious reasons. The rest of your list is considered "Spin-offs".

I would like to think that RE7 takes place in 2018. 20 years after the Raccoon City incident. What a way to celebrate the 20th anniversary for Biohazard!

I don't want to sound like that asshole but.... please do your research on what is canon and not, and what is a spin-off and what is not. Here is the information straight from Capcom themselves. It contains heavy spoilers, minus who the villain is in Revelations 2. Something that they empathise on heavily and in great detail earlier in the timeline. Also you may find it interesting that Raid mode in Revelations 2 is canon. The reason is because
the simulation that the "player" (you are cipher) engage in. Is actually important research data for Alex in understanding the consciousness. Very, very important information for her endeavors.

Other than that. Once again, another great article :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I havnt played them all, but out of the ones I have:

1. Revelations series
2. Mercs 3D
3. Orc
4. Umbrella chronicles

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Nostalgia goggles or not, Resident Evil: Survivor is still a pretty sweet Resi spin-off. Can't say I'm all that fussy about any of the others, not even the Revelations sub-series.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I dig Survivor just for the cheesy-as-hell (even for Resident Evil) voice acting and the terrible models and textures.

That game is so damn funny.

Director Bison

King of Games
so far i have only played umbrella chronicles and revelations 1 and 2
still early on in 2

but it has to be Revelations 1
everything about it is what i loved about RE4
my favorite kinds of games are ones where you are vastly outnumbered and the only thing between you and death is your own skill

and while i feel like an unstoppable badass
I probably look more like this

and I'm OK with that

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
I've not played any others apart from Code Veronica X, and Revelations 1 & 2. Even if those aren't really considered spin-offs, they're the only others besides the titled RE games that I've played.

I'd say that in order of preference it goes -

1. Resident Evil Revelations 2
2. Code Veronica X
3. Resident Evil Revelations

I didn't really get into the first Revelations as much as the second one. I really like Raid Mode on Revelations 2, much like how I enjoyed Mercenaries for RE: 5.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
e72b8e8178005e80b64ca231a87e3c49.png

Top Bottom