• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's the best, and what's the worst game you've played this year?

cathodex1

Please list games that have been released this year, if possible.
Upcoming releases (demo, beta version etc) don't count ^^

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Best: Mass Effect 3 - Despite all of the fan backlash about the ending (some legit and some too unrealistic), the core of the game was very strong. The combat, leveling system and graphics all showed marked improvements over the already tight ME2 (in my opinion), and the story was mostly enjoyable. I feel like all of the problems people had/have with this game would have been remedied if it had a little more baking time. I think EA and BioWare were too anxious to release it and the game suffered as a result.

Worst: Operation Raccoon City - Though this is my 'worst' of the year, I still enjoyed it... however much of an 'it' there was to enjoy. This game just feels, again, unfinished. It was almost more of a tech demo than a bona fide game, if you know what I mean, and that took some serious points from it. Had I payed the full retail price for it, I would have been quite unhappy, but I found paying $30 for it acceptable. What's there is fun enough, but there isn't really much content.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Max Payne 3 is currently my Game of the Year. The combat and physics/animations is just so brilliant. THIS is how you do cinematic gameplay. Take note, Nathan Drake, before you do another boring scripted climbing event.
Still could use more Sam Lake psychological mind****ery and less GTA-style swearing and class warfare. "hurr durr rich people baaaaaw poor people f*cking sh*t f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck." Since when did Max become so concerned about wealth inequality?
I'm not really looking forward to any other games besides RE6, Halo 4, and Zone of the Enders HD Collection (which doesn't really count), so hopefully those will put up some competition.

Also, I agree with Daburcor. Operation: Raccoon City is TERRIBLE (unless you play it in co-op, which I didn't.) I also didn't like The Amazing Spider-Man, but at least the combat was okay.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
My Favorite Game of the Year (As of right now) - It's a tie between Silent Hill: Downpour, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Mass Effect 3, and The Walking Dead. I'm one of the biggest (If not the biggest) Silent Hill nerds so that's automatically one of my favorites. As for Final Fantasy XIII-2 I highly enjoyed the game, even though most didn't, but I enjoyed due to the gameplay and I liked the story. Mass Effect 3, I highly loved the story (Although only after the Extended Cut came out) and I was highly addicted to the gameplay. And for The Walking Dead, while the gameplay was point and click, I didn't mind it and the story was what really engrossed me into it.

My Least Favorite Game of the Year (As of right now) - It's a tie between AMY and NeverDead. For AMY, while it's more worse than NeverDead (In my opinion), I can actually see why someone would want to buy it due to it being a Survival Horror game. As for NeverDead, I thought that game was a boring chore to play through, while I couldn't enjoy the story because of the characters being annoying and they never, ever, stopped complaining to each other.

sbr999

My favorite game this year is Sleeping Dogs, while I'm not a fan of GTA style games, this game was a pleasant surprise.
The combat system was excellent -some people say, it's very similar to Arkham City's, but I think Sleeping Dogs was way better, because you can use the environment to your advantage: throwing thugs into car trunk, into a hook, beating them with public phone. slamming their face with car/fridge door etc etc.
The story was also pretty mature, yet the creators managed to put some humour in it. And there's still a lot to do in the game even if you've completed the story missions.
The only thing I didn't like in the game that there's only one ending instead of going for triad or police ending, but perhaps this way it's better, since it leaves a chance for a sequel.

My flop of the year goes to Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. The game hasn't improved much since the prequel, only graphics wise. The gameplay was repetitive, and got boring really soon. I played only till Vortex's mission (Death from Above), then I decided to stop the game for good.

dark_zero

My fav game this year would have to be darksiders 2, and sleeping dogs
least fav game was resident evil revelations :oops:

Top Bottom