• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you do?...

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
So you're home alone, your parents or partner is staying over a friends house for the night, so you take advantage of that by ordering takeaway and just having a blast of a night. You fall asleep on the downstairs sofa and awake at 2am by what sounds like a crash coming from upstairs, you think nothing of it because something just possibly fell down, so you fall back to sleep, you awake again at 2:10am by the sound of footsteps up stairs and the sound of someone making the bed creak. So you instantly shoot up and freeze in terror trying to be silent at the same time, you then in shock look at the TV you left on with your favourite show on displaying that the show has been interrupted by a Red alert emergency and it shows various safe shelters and evacuation points. You then hear your back door handle start to rattle and can see shadows walking by your window...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
First is first, secure my daughter. After that, grab my sword or large macheteProbably sneak over the the abandoned hotel right behind my house to watch and see what's going on, and make my next move from there. If it's humans, get the f*ck out of dodge. Avoid all major highways. If it's zombies, call my roommate, and think up a strategy. Find out what they're attracted to, and other assorted quick tests to know what we're up against.

T.A.L.O.S

Yawn and go back to sleep because it was all some crazy dream based on something I read on the internet.

or was it... ;) Maybe your subconscious wants to believe that, but maybe the dream world is the real world..

T.A.L.O.S

First is first, secure my daughter. After that, grab my sword or large macheteProbably sneak over the the abandoned hotel right behind my house to watch and see what's going on, and make my next move from there. If it's humans, get the f*ck out of dodge. Avoid all major highways. If it's zombies, call my roommate, and think up a strategy. Find out what they're attracted to, and other assorted quick tests to know what we're up against.

sounds perfect! You sound like the type of guy that has already thought through a few of these scenarios or similar ones before, kind of off topic but I've always said if there were a zombie apocalypse it would be the humans that would concern me more than the dummies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
sounds perfect! You sound like the type of guy that has already thought through a few of these scenarios or similar ones before, kind of off topic but I've always said if there were a zombie apocalypse it would be the humans that would concern me more than the dummies.
I think of these scenarios a lot. I know it sounds cocky and douchey to say, but I think of myself as a zombie expert. With so many zombie books, movies, and other forms of media, while they are all similar, the zombies tend to differ in some really drastic ways. Some walk. Some run. Some can hear. Some can't. USUALLY you can waste 'em with a headshot, but no always. Sometimes the blood of other zombies throws you off the scent, sometimes you have no option other than run. Sometimes they're better hunters at night, usually it doesn't matter. So I mean you would need to run tests...Humans on the other hand, have NO predictability in a crisis...Only thing you can rely on is they're crazy...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think of these scenarios a lot. I know it sounds cocky and douchey to say, but I think of myself as a zombie expert. With so many zombie books, movies, and other forms of media, while they are all similar, the zombies tend to differ in some really drastic ways. Some walk. Some run. Some can hear. Some can't. USUALLY you can waste 'em with a headshot, but no always. Sometimes the blood of other zombies throws you off the scent, sometimes you have no option other than run. Sometimes they're better hunters at night, usually it doesn't matter. So I mean you would need to run tests...Humans on the other hand, have NO predictability in a crisis...Only thing you can rely on is they're crazy...

THIS!!!!

T.A.L.O.S

you don't sound cocky at all man. Its awesome that you think highly of yourself, not enough people do! Its that kind of thinking that helps you push forward and take action and have mental reassurance. That's awesome that you're so clued up and have a lot of resources. At least every week i have to sit down, watch a zombie flick and study the brains out of it. I myself if a zombie outbreak were to occur have thought of thousands of plans. That latest being: if i were given a tine frame before hand i would dig a really deep trench all around the outside of my house so the walkers would instantly fall into the ditch. I would smash up my stairs so if they were to enter my house they couldn't get up. In and out would be through my window with a ladder, a retractable one, modified with knifes on the ends so i could use it as a spear weapon also. To either defend my self or pick them off from long range or down in the trench at ease. A fence and wall would also be surrounding my house, just in front of the trench, and a tunnel would be dug for passage in and out of my house with a heavy locked trap door camouflaged in with whatever the ground terrain is. Water purifiers are easy enough to build, boiling water is easy enough also. And as for food, i would have a vegetable and plantain patch in my backyard and would scavenge up as much canned food as i can carry. In case of an emergency if it he walkers overrun the house i would have easy access to my attic through which a window would open and a hand made zip wire would be ready to take me over to the nearest sturdy object, (whatever it is i attatch the other end to. A few concerns would be of course humans ready to jeopardize everything, infiltrated my house and wreck everything i built. And the the zombies being half clever, piling up on top of each other to climb the trench etc. I have loads of theories and scenarios but it would be way too long to type, not that this isn't already lmao.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
you don't sound cocky at all man. Its awesome that you think highly of yourself, not enough people do! Its that kind of thinking that helps you push forward and take action and have mental reassurance. That's awesome that you're so clued up and have a lot of resources. At least every week i have to sit down, watch a zombie flick and study the brains out of it. I myself if a zombie outbreak were to occur have thought of thousands of plans. That latest being: if i were given a tine frame before hand i would dig a really deep trench all around the outside of my house so the walkers would instantly fall into the ditch. I would smash up my stairs so if they were to enter my house they couldn't get up. In and out would be through my window with a ladder, a retractable one, modified with knifes on the ends so i could use it as a spear weapon also. To either defend my self or pick them off from long range or down in the trench at ease. A fence and wall would also be surrounding my house, just in front of the trench, and a tunnel would be dug for passage in and out of my house with a heavy locked trap door camouflaged in with whatever the ground terrain is. Water purifiers are easy enough to build, boiling water is easy enough also. And as for food, i would have a vegetable and plantain patch in my backyard and would scavenge up as much canned food as i can carry. In case of an emergency if it he walkers overrun the house i would have easy access to my attic through which a window would open and a hand made zip wire would be ready to take me over to the nearest sturdy object, (whatever it is i attatch the other end to. A few concerns would be of course humans ready to jeopardize everything, infiltrated my house and wreck everything i built. And the the zombies being half clever, piling up on top of each other to climb the trench etc. I have loads of theories and scenarios but it would be way too long to type, not that this isn't already lmao.
For the most part that's a really good plan! You seem to have really thought this through! I'm usually not a fan at all of of methods were you stay in one place, but this is one of the far better and more thought out ones. It's been my thought process that for most humans nomadic lifestyle is the only way. Living in one spot would actually work in your scenario because you're alone. But if you have close friends or family with you, then you don't want a group of more than 6-ish, and you learn to live on the move. Settling down will only attract them, and lure you into a false sense of security.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I'd grab the knife and flashlight which i always carry when i am home alone, hug the wall next to the door and wait for a little bit before i head out to my room and grab my aluminum baseball bat and my backpack before checking what is going on.

Top Bottom