• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What will you do when Resident Evil ends?

Turo602

The King of Kings
LOL! Well honestly.... I don't think we'll be seeing it in 30 years. We'll see I suppose but I think it'll have a conclusion within the next 15 years.

It's a massively popular franchise and Capcom's biggest IP. I don't see it ever dying. That would be like Nintendo calling it quits on Mario.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It's a massively popular franchise and Capcom's biggest IP. I don't see it ever dying. That would be like Nintendo calling it quits on Mario.

Well, Mega Man was Capcom's mascot and they basically killed him after his spinoff games didn't sell well. I wouldn't put it past Capcom to pull the plug on Resident Evil if it doesn't keep breaking sales records.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well, Mega Man was Capcom's mascot and they basically killed him after his spinoff games didn't sell well. I wouldn't put it past Capcom to pull the plug on Resident Evil if it doesn't keep breaking sales records.
I do agree with this. The same could be said IF it was a success. They set a path and it HAS to end one way or another.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It really depends on what Capcom wants to do after they tie up everything that's currently happening in the game world. They could have ended the series with 5 since the main villain was killed and all loose ends were pretty much tied up, but 6, Revelations, and Rev2 opened up so many more possibilities, with new viruses and two still living family members of Albert Wesker. So basically, once they finish with those storylines, they could decide to end it or keep it going, but I think once Alex and Jake are done with, the series will probably end.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Well if Resident Evil does end up ending, which it inevitably will (All things do go), I really won't care that much. It's a game series, games serve only one purpose for me, to entertain me. I will of course be like "Oh it sucks that there will not be another Resident Evil game" or "It sucks that there won't be another Resident Evil game in a long time" (Since there is no telling if anyone else will come along and reboot the entire series from scratch or it'll get another sequel after a decade or possible 2, kinda like how Shenmue is getting a sequel after over a decade since the previous game), but that's the extent of my careness will go. If Capcom just decides that the series will end, and when that end comes then I will accept since I can't do anything about it, but to accept it. There are other games that I can play and if I just want to play a Resident Evil game to play, I'll just go back and play what I have.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It really depends on what Capcom wants to do after they tie up everything that's currently happening in the game world. They could have ended the series with 5 since the main villain was killed and all loose ends were pretty much tied up, but 6, Revelations, and Rev2 opened up so many more possibilities, with new viruses and two still living family members of Albert Wesker. So basically, once they finish with those storylines, they could decide to end it or keep it going, but I think once Alex and Jake are done with, the series will probably end.

Well to be fair... They ended Albert Wesker in RE5 and they actually introduced Alex Wesker in RE5. While she was mainly only introduced in the DLC... she actually has a mention in the main story as well. Chapter 6-2 there is a document written by her. I don't think they will kill Jake off and I don't think he will ever turn bad. I could see him oppose Alex and maybe even work things out with Chris and Chris takes him under his wing and maybe joins the BSAA?

They also have to tie up Ada, explain the organization, and tie up The Family. Though they could make the organization be "The Family" and as I've mentioned before. They could make it that Alex has taken over the Family. Of course Jake needs to finish his quest in finding out who is father is as well. They could bring Albert back and do some cool things with him... but I think he's dead. There is so much going on right now in the series and they really struck gold with the writing and development of Alex.

mjk321

I don't care what anybody says, Albert Wesker ducked under those rpg rockets and dove underlava to escape. He is now planning his new diabolical evil plan. *maniacal evil laugh*

Turo602

The King of Kings
Um, wrapping up current stories doesn't mean the end of Resident Evil and even then, that won't happen for a long time. Capcom is good at starting new stories before giving closure to existing ones. Hell, plenty of TV shows and movie franchises go on longer than they should because of how easy it is to make up crap. That's not to mention rebooting the series which is almost inevitable at some point. If Sonic can go on this long on name alone, Resident Evil is fine.

Reactions: Jen

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
If RE ends then it'll definitely be remembered as one of the greatest gaming/media IPs of all time.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well to be fair... They ended Albert Wesker in RE5 and they actually introduced Alex Wesker in RE5. While she was mainly only introduced in the DLC... she actually has a mention in the main story as well. Chapter 6-2 there is a document written by her. I don't think they will kill Jake off and I don't think he will ever turn bad. I could see him oppose Alex and maybe even work things out with Chris and Chris takes him under his wing and maybe joins the BSAA?

They also have to tie up Ada, explain the organization, and tie up The Family. Though they could make the organization be "The Family" and as I've mentioned before. They could make it that Alex has taken over the Family. Of course Jake needs to finish his quest in finding out who is father is as well. They could bring Albert back and do some cool things with him... but I think he's dead. There is so much going on right now in the series and they really struck gold with the writing and development of Alex.

I know, but she went missing, so really they could have just confirmed she was dead and moved on.

Top Bottom