• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 what is the strongest regular enemy

what is the strongest regular enemy

• Total voters

hobojoe521

what is the strongest regular enemy. i think the enemys with shields because even with CT you have to get through there shield to shoot them.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Do Gigantes count as regular? If not, it should be the 'blade' plagas.

EDIT: Sorry, i didn't see the poll. I voted the ones with the shock sticks because they are very annoying, i don't like them.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'll not vote before I've met all those enemies.

I see that mini bosses isn't an option.
So far the Leader Zealots are the strongest I've met. They have alot of health points.

If the enemy attack power counts, I'll have to say any Zealot with the Centipede plaga. They bite your head off.

Dos

You haven't put as an option the island Ganado soldiers that are really tall, fat, partially armoured and carry that huge spiked hammer that they swing really quickly, and it does a lot of damage if you get hit. I don't think they have a specific name; soldier with hammer perhaps? Anyway, they take a lot of damage unless you land your shots well.

I'd probably have to agree though, that of the regular enemies, the red zealots are probably the toughest. Not only do they take a lot of damage, a large number of them will reveal either a centipede or spider plaga!

hobojoe521

Dos;68241 said:
You haven't put as an option the island Ganado soldiers that are really tall, fat, partially armoured and carry that huge spiked hammer that they swing really quickly, and it does a lot of damage if you get hit. I don't think they have a specific name; soldier with hammer perhaps? Anyway, they take a lot of damage unless you land your shots well.

you mean iron maidens. because of the amount of damage they deal and all the bullets they take, I would personnely take them as a mini boss

bruno

Chief Researcher
hobojoe521;68351 said:
you mean iron maidens. because of the amount of damage they deal and all the bullets they take, I would personnely take them as a mini boss

I believe he means those ganados you meet when you rescue Ashley for the first time on the island. (they are guarding her). They appear a bunch of times in the island, mostly in pairs.

Dos

Not Iron Maidens. The first one you meet is straight after the Oven Man room, but yes mostly they appear in pairs. I can only think of nine of them in the whole game:

One straight after the oven man area
Two guarding Ashley's cell
One after you rescue Ashley from her cell
One just before the wrecking ball room
Two in the wrecking ball room itself
Two at the extreme end of Chapter 5-4 (the last regular Ganados in the whole game, in fact)

Revenantjack_2.0

I googled Resident Evil 4 Iron Maiden and found this.

re4s2_regenerator.jpg

But isn't it called the Regenerator??

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Revenantjack_2.0;68391 said:
I googled Resident Evil 4 Iron Maiden and found this.

re4s2_regenerator.jpg

But isn't it called the Regenerator??
Iron Maidens are just Regenerators with all those spikes protruding from their bodies; if they get close to Leon, they can pretty much impale him. They are a bit tougher than the Regenerator... you only have to shoot the parasites off a Regenerator to kill it, whereas the Iron Maiden requires a bit more shots after all its parasites are removed.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
You need the thermal scope to kill those uglys!! 4-5 shots should be enough if you find the weakspots other wise you can just shoot all its limbs off with the inf typewriter lol haha >: D

Dos

The first time you see an Iron Maiden in game play they are SO unnerving! The way they constantly have those shuddering spasms...

But once you realise that the spikes are pretty much the only thing they can attack with, I actually find them less dangerous than an ordinary Regenerator. For a start, you can shoot off a leg without worrying about having Leon's jugular bitten through...!

Their other main difference from ordinary Regenerators (in easy and normal mode) is that only the Iron Maidens have a parasite on their back. On professional mode, they all of course have the back parasite, whereas the only Regenerator on easy or normal that has the back parasite is the very last one, in the prison in Chapter 5-4.

Dos

Romero;68532 said:
What's wrong with the Iron Maiden's mouth? It looks so weird.

Not sure, but whatever it is, their mouths are sufficiently deformed to mean they don't have any mandible usage, and hence lack the bite attack of ordinary Regenerators. Doesn't exactly mean they can't hurt you though! Imagine getting skewered on those spikes.. :O

Leonhart

well I vote for the insect things that you counter in the sewer
they all ways grab and spit you with acid and become invisible
It's ****ed me off

Top Bottom