• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Resident Evil was set in Canada?

Mountie

Set in the Rocky Mountains where the mansion is located rather than the Arcklay Mountains. How would you imagine that scenario? Tell your story.

Soul Fist

That's interesting, unfortunately I don't live in Canada so I can't say much. But I believe the story won't be that different?

Mountie

The Rocky Mountains of Canada are basically the real version of the Arcklay Mountains not to mention all the forests they include., just like the Arckley. The mansion would be set there.

An RCMP unit would be deployed to rescue the mountain hikers or their Alpha team and land in the mansion. Probably the RCMP- ERT

Last edited:

Murderer Enshrined

If Resident Evil were based in Canada, I'm not sure how it would play out, but I feel it would probably sound something like this:

, eh?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Probably no big difference at all since Canada is culturally very close to the US in many ways. The only main difference would be that most people would speak French (if it took place in the Quebec region, that is). However since Raccoon City is a fictional city not based on any specific city in the US, a hypotethical Raccoon City in Canada would probably look almost exactly the same.

Oh, and there would be less guns and bullets laying around of course.

Murderer Enshrined

Maybe that could be one of Resident Evil's new difficulty modes: Canada mode

Casual

Assisted

Standard

Hardcore

Nightmare

Inferno

Village of Shadows

and

Canada mode (You will have no guns at all, only maple syrup and snow)

It would basically equal out to:

Very easy

Easy

Normal

Hard

Very hard

Insanely hard

Ridiculously hard

and

Are you f**king serious?!

Mountie

Probably no big difference at all since Canada is culturally very close to the US in many ways. The only main difference would be that most people would speak French (if it took place in the Quebec region, that is). However since Raccoon City is a fictional city not based on any specific city in the US, a hypotethical Raccoon City in Canada would probably look almost exactly the same.

Oh, and there would be less guns and bullets laying around of course.
It would take place in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia as it's the most similar to the Arcklay Mountains. That's for sure.

Also what's certain is it would involve the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP or "Mounties") as such a situation would be a federal case. As such players would be controlling RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) commandos.

The special key closet room would probably contain classic scarlet red & black RCMP uniforms. That would be the exact Canadian version to Resident Evil.

Who knows that in a parallel universe players are playing Chris & Jill in RCMP- ERT uniforms. Once they get the special key, they would change into their classic scarlet & black RCMP uniforms.

Last edited:

Murderer Enshrined

I never really knew, are the Mounties allowed to carry guns?

I've always thought that in countries like Canada, the U.K. and Japan, the police aren't allowed to carry guns.

Mountie

Here would be the uniforms of the ERT that the rescue team would be wearing:

5f116ca88046712e1ffb2007eab3ac77.jpg

OvL8ifYnKVlOLJ7HmhbxMtKQxslUov19OpqYfvtFHp8.jpg

Mountie

I never really knew, are the Mounties allowed to carry guns?

I've always thought that in countries like Canada, the U.K. and Japan, the police aren't allowed to carry guns.
They are required except for traffic/transport duties. Officers who are in cyber crimes and perhaps other non-front line duties also don't carry guns.

Last edited:

Murderer Enshrined

Personally, I just wish they would put all three of these RE vixens in the same game together and make them all playable at different points in the game

wallhaven-lm5rpl.jpg

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In actuality, it probably would not be that much different, but if we wanted to throw some CLICHES in there:

We might get lines like - You were almost a Jill donut, eh?
OR
Mapley. Tastey.

Also, the mutates Beavers instead of the dogs would be quite a bit slower, but you will have to watch out for those teeth!

Mountie

In actuality, it probably would not be that much different, but if we wanted to throw some CLICHES in there:

We might get lines like - You were almost a Jill donut, eh?
OR
Mapley. Tastey.

Also, the mutates Beavers instead of the dogs would be quite a bit slower, but you will have to watch out for those teeth!
In the forested province of British Columbia wild wolves would easily encounter a police team scouting the mountains for survivors. The Rocky Mountains would be an ideal place to build the Spencer Mansion to conduct illegal experiments as it's a remote location in a huge and lowly populated country.

Last edited:
Top Bottom