• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 What Happened With Resident Evil 5?

Ryan

Alright guys,

I have read mixed reviews on the game. IGN gave the game a massive 9.0 which is a great score and I have also completed it and thought it was great (apart from the ending). But I still hear people saying 'I hate the controls'. Aren't these basically the same controls from the award winning RE4? And why didn't everyone complain about the controls then? People start to bug me on the subject.

As for the games storyline, when I seen the trailer I thought this games storyline was going to wipe the floor with all the other RE games in the franchise but it didn't live up to me expectations. The game revolves around Chris/Wesker/Jill with Sheva and Irvine as side cast. I just didn't enjoy the storyline as much as I thought I would. The fact that Jill has died but later on we find she is still alive slightly kills the storyline in my opinion. After this, I thought someone should have taken a fall apart from Wesker, maybe Sheva, although she was a good characters I thought the story had to be slightly twisted. It makes the game more realistic and emotional, which is a key element. Although I thoughht the game was good, I thought the ending was poor. I enjoyed everything up until Chris/Wesker/Sheva ended up in a VOLCANO! I just thought I wouldn't expect this type of scene is a very realistic RE game. My favorite scene was the return of the lickers and also noticed that they looked very much similar to the lickers in the motion picture film Resident Evil, compared to RE2's lickers. One thing I will say that impressed me greatly on this game was the movie like cutscenes. Very good.

After the game, it was good to see The Mercenaries back in action, this time with eight different levels! and four different characters with alterate attires! This really made me happy. One thing that didn't was the lack of a small sidestory to play. Last year we got Ada's Assingment, where she succesfully collected the Las Plagas sample for Wesker and also finally killed Jack Krauser. I thought if we would be getting a sidestory it would be Jill under control of Wesker and wearing the 'Birdlady' outfit, but we didnt get it. Although, Capcom have announced that there are DLC's coming out so hopefully we eventually get a sidestory DLC.

Anyways, I will rate the game a 9/10. Didn't like the ending but the rest of the game was fine. I think its safe to say that RE has evolved into another type of game, parting its way from the once Survival Horror genre.

What do you think about the game? Please tell me what you think as I am curious to see what all the fans think.

Thanks.
- Ryan

-sarah-

I actually really liked the game. ^_^
I don't get why people were saying that the controls were too hard. They might have not realized that you could go into the settings and change it to "Type A", which are the controls most similar to RE4. =P
I have to agree, I really loved the cutscenes.
I also think the Jill battle happened too fast. Maybe she could of gotten away and come back later. Or even came back during the Wesker battle at the end and helped you out? Eh. Just my opinion. =P
Anyways, I really love this game, and I'm running through it again as Sheva now. :3

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Well, I've played a lot of games it isn't carelessly said when I say this nor is easy to get me to say this... Resident Evil 5 is the best game I've ever played. Love the controls, love the story, I even liked the ending. I actually thought the volcano was kind of cool. Mercenaries was really what made it a perfect 10 for me. It's frustrating at times, but always enjoyable. My only qualm with this game is how fast the lickers and the dogs kill you. Other than that, I think it's solid and I usually don't rate games above an 8.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I got my xbox just so I could play this game haha I think co-op is well fun, the levels are okay, I havnt got a real favorite level but theres certain parts through out the game that are pretty awesome, like the lickers.. aha

...you can hit your partner with the stun rod an it electrocutes them, but does not take any health away lol online it's pretty funny....

Ryan

weskerfan;29151 said:
you know you can change the controll types right?

Yeah, I know. I wasn't complaining about the control types, Im just saying the amount of people that are complaining is unbelievable.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
-sarah-;29149 said:
I don't get why people were saying that the controls were too hard. They might have not realized that you could go into the settings and change it to "Type A", which are the controls most similar to RE4. =P
how comes she said this an then someone else says the exact same thing after. Lol

Godammlover

If it wasn't for online co-op. I don't think the game would have gotten many good reviews maybe non at all.
Myself, personally only got the game for the xbox360 was for the online co-op play.

Top Bottom