• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised What does the Remake offer over the Οriginal?

Mr Sunshine

Apart from the graphics obviously. Althought they must be adding a lot to the atmosphere which is important in these games.

What about gameplay, storyline or new locations?

There is the burning of zombies, crimson heads, Lisa Trevor. Anything else?

Refan128

They added some new areas and mixed some things up. It is familiar yet different (music, graphics, and atmosphere make it almost an entirely new experience) and well polished. If you are debating on whether or not a purchase is warranted, having played both I can say 100% that it is a must play for any (true) RE fan. If you were to play both games back to back all the way through (like I am doing now) it is almost like 2 completely different games while being obviously similar.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
to be perfectly honest with you, the concept of the remake wasn't to add new locations, storylines etc, it was to relive the nightmare that we all loved.
the few extras that are thrown in, are a huge bonus, i for one am glad the only major change was the visuals.
it's perfect the way it is

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
The Remake doesnt so much offer something all new but essentially takes everything from the original and makes it bigger, better, scarier - creating the ultimate vision of what the original tried to do. The new gameplay elements, Lisa Trevor subplot and much elaborated bossfights and few new locations simply enhance the game to the peak. Its the perfect Resident Evil in every way . In fact there is only one other videogame in the world that I love even more then REmake.

But in any way if you got the Remake you never have to touch the original again.

Popo

true, since i got the remake i don't think i ever replayed the original ever again xD

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
yeah I still need RE 2 on my PS3 as well. I do have RE 3 already. But since I live in germany recharging my US-Account always is a bit of a hassle for me and takes up to several days. And I dont wanna do that for a 5,99 game. Though I´d really love to play RE 2 again. Its been a while.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yeah I still need RE 2 on my PS3 as well. I do have RE 3 already. But since I live in germany recharging my US-Account always is a bit of a hassle for me and takes up to several days. And I dont wanna do that for a 5,99 game. Though I´d really love to play RE 2 again. Its been a while.
that's the main reason i'm getting the bundle. i don't own remake anymore, so it'll be nice to play the original game that started it all :D

Popo

I'm considering getting that bundle too, but I recently bought the RE CV:X and RE4 bundle so I gotta wait cause I'm low on cash xD
I don't know if there is a pack with all the Resident Evils(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) but I would probably sell the rest and get that one.

aintnoscrub

Premium
I'm considering getting that bundle too, but I recently bought the RE CV:X and RE4 bundle so I gotta wait cause I'm low on cash xD
I don't know if there is a pack with all the Resident Evils(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) but I would probably sell the rest and get that one.
i know of a resi evil bundle that doesn't include 6, but includes "all the core" games, that may or may not be exclusive to japan though :/

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
There was an Anniversary Edition Boxset when RE 6 came out that included RE 1, 2, 3, CV and 4 as PSN downloadcodes as well as physical copies of RE 5 and 6. The set didnt include RE Zero and REmake though since those are still Nintendo-exclusive. It also didnt include Revelations because back then it was 3DS-exclusive.

black 93

theres is a bundle in uk (dunno about anywhere else) called resident evil super bundle and has 1,2,3,4,5,6 code veronica, umbrella and darkside chronicles and operation raccoon city for £60. Thats pretty much the whole series bar remake zero and the outbreaks . Pretty good price, but id rather own the discs

Jamie Queen

There was an Anniversary Edition Boxset when RE 6 came out that included RE 1, 2, 3, CV and 4 as PSN downloadcodes as well as physical copies of RE 5 and 6. The set didnt include RE Zero and REmake though since those are still Nintendo-exclusive. It also didnt include Revelations because back then it was 3DS-exclusive.
haha Legend!!:)

Top Bottom