• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What do you guys think of RE6 going post apocalyptic?

Codes

i think it would be sweet to get there eventually.. agree there would need to be explanation in between though first like Rain611 said. i would maybe like to see the environments maybe a bit more vast, open, interactive, plenty of ammo but a lot more hectic so it keeps the survival factor.

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
plenty of ammo but a lot more hectic so it keeps the survival factor.
You mean like lot of amo lots of enemies? Like RE5 or what ORC looks like so far?

I personally prefer the aproach of the first ones, low ammo, but enough to take all possible enemies down (there are little over 100 handgun bullets in REmake, and you can take every zombie)

I would like to see low ammo, lots of enemies...

Codes

no i mean more open areas, bigger, frantic etc so its like.... yeah you got ammo but its swarming with enemies, you can run into buildings take cover more escape routes like in a city. bit like grand theft auto meets resident evil lol so it keeps fear, run and survival factor

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
no i mean more open areas, bigger, frantic etc so its like.... yeah you got ammo but its swarming with enemies, you can run into buildings take cover more escape routes like in a city. bit like grand theft auto meets resident evil lol so it keeps fear, run and survival factor
Thats actually a very interesting way to do this...I never gave it much thought...but a free roam RE game...Hmm...Done right then it could make for a great game...Go Post-apocalyptic and it'd be that much better i think...

benfen

Leon fan
Thats actually a very interesting way to do this...I never gave it much thought...but a free roam RE game...Hmm...Done right then it could make for a great game...Go Post-apocalyptic and it'd be that much better i think...

No offense, but I disagree so much with this.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
^
T-virus infection through Facebook!

No one would be safe :eek:
FaceBook is a virus.. ppl get on it like zombies, mindless zombies, sad. I try to stay away from FaceBook, I only get on for my family and a few friends. I don't know how ppl can spend hours on there playing farmville and posting up 50 pictures of their face at 20 different angles... I just don't understand, lol.

Anywayz... back on topic. I think it would be a cool idea. Kinda like the movie where everyone is traveling around looking for other survivors. Perhaps Leon could run into Chris.. and other RE peepz could pop up too like Billy (kuz you know he would survive).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No offense, but I disagree so much with this.
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but in reality, that's what RE4 and 5 wouldve been like in REal life...They wouldve traveled everywhere, instead of beeing blocked by a two foo fence ya know...Free roam has potential to make it VERY scary...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but in reality, that's what RE4 and 5 wouldve been like in REal life...They wouldve traveled everywhere, instead of beeing blocked by a two foo fence ya know...Free roam has potential to make it VERY scary...

Agreed. It always kinda bugged me that gameplay was so confined. The only real good thing it offered was the impossibility of ever going the wrong way and getting lost when you're trying to progress (except for maybe in RE3; I got lost a lot on there lol). I wouldn't mind playing a free roam Resident Evil, especially with the apocalyptic setting. I imagine the potential for much longer gameplay and also replayability would be much higher.

benfen

Leon fan
Free roam makes it very hard to set up set elements, and it also generally makes a 'world map' type place. I don't think that would mesh well with Resi.

This is Resident Evil, not Dead Rising XD

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Free roam makes it very hard to set up set elements, and it also generally makes a 'world map' type place. I don't think that would mesh well with Resi.

This is Resident Evil, not Dead Rising XD
No, because dead rising has no real story value...If they gave dead rising an intracate story, and a little less cheese, then it could be on a level playing field...

Agreed. It always kinda bugged me that gameplay was so confined. The only real good thing it offered was the impossibility of ever going the wrong way and getting lost when you're trying to progress (except for maybe in RE3; I got lost a lot on there lol). I wouldn't mind playing a free roam Resident Evil, especially with the apocalyptic setting. I imagine the potential for much longer gameplay and also replayability would be much higher.
Thanks Rain!

aaron

Actually, that would be pretty awesome. It would be something new. As long as it has it's old elements, scary and suspenseful. The games need to go back to surival/horror

Midgie

Free Roam Resident Evil online would be so cool with Zombies everywhere. Imagine crossing a certain area killing all to find someone another online player trapped with low ammo!

Awesome oats

Premium
You know what I would love to play a free roam RE now that you think about it. But always low on ammo so you have to loot buildings still intact or barricade yourself in a building as a last stand and find dynamite in there or something to make a desperate escape to make it out alive . I mean think of how much fun that would be? surviving in a large free roam area with plenty to explore. Of course still keeping the moody music and scary environment with scary things inside buildings and plenty of fog at night so you cant see zombies in the distance would make it a good attempt to make a scary free roam.

Midgie

Red dead Redemption (Undead Nightmare) was brill for free roam and zombies. Ok so you could ride a horse but when you came across fields you saw zombies slowly walking about coming to get you and then when you went near a town there were loads of them that you could kill and make a stand in a house. It is possible to work. Only with RES it would be a car driving about running the undead over lol!

Awesome oats

Premium
I think a car or something to ride would ruin it. Walking always makes you feel vulnerable with a car you can just skip the zombie attack. RDR UN was cool but last stands were pointless because your invincible on top of a roof or box by taking out the spitters in slow mo. There should always be a way zombies can catch you.

Midgie

Ok so maybe a car would ruin it! Was just an idea if the had the city to a huge scale! With Resident Evil I am pretty sure Zombies would find a way to get in!

KKAAIIG

I'd like that Idea but at they same time it would feel like the last Resident Evil game? D:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'd like that Idea but at they same time it would feel like the last Resident Evil game? D:
It wouldn't so much feel like the LAST so much as the last in a world that we knew...I mean, if could be a whole new beginning for the survivors...It may make RE branch off, and go in a different direction...which can be amazing or disatrous, but it may not feel like the end...

KKAAIIG

It wouldn't so much feel like the LAST so much as the last in a world that we knew...I mean, if could be a whole new beginning for the survivors...It may make RE branch off, and go in a different direction...which can be amazing or disatrous, but it may not feel like the end...
True, I was just thinking outside the box! haha

Top Bottom