• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Yeah i know about the last one being split into two, which is kinda of a good idea. but when i google "how many Harry Potter movies are there?" this is what it shows

Screenshot_1.png

Well, Google is literally wrong.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Literally currently watching Metal Gear V redownload way too slowly. Otherwise I've been binge watching old episodes of Intervention and Master Chef lol.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I've currently got two things on the watch list, Green Room, because a) if I remember correctly, this film was Anton Yelchins final performance, and b) evil Sir Patrick Stewart, plus the entirety of the first two series of Twin Peaks plus Fire Walk With Me. Open question to any and every one: Have I bitten off more than I can chew?

KevinStriker

Currently watching Death Note on Blu-ray and rekindling my love for Brian Drummond as Ryuk.

I really need to find that Ryuk pin my friend got me from a convention in high school

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
just tried to give disenchanted a watch. considering it's done by Matt Groening I thought it would be great. so far very meh...

KevinStriker

I find it astounding that I haven't known Castle Rock to be an important location in Stephen King's books until the series of the same name.

To me, it was always just from The Lord of the Flies or Rob Reiner's production company.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Just finished the first three seasons of Outlander. It was good. I feel though that I unfairly compare all television programmes I watch to GoT and thus they can never measure up. The sex scenes were fabulous though (A+ in that regard).

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I watched the pilot episode of The Purge TV series last night and I thought it was pretty underwhelming. It's a shame because the overall concept of the series has always been intriguing, a series where all crime, including murder is legal for 12 hours, how do you f*ck THAT up? I swear, this has got to be the most wasted premise in the history of films/TV. What I can't comprehend for the life of me is why do they try and fix NONE of the issues from the movies in the TV series? They've had, what, 4 films now? None of which have been very good (the second was alright). It seems they're hellbent on using the same formula from the films instead of giving us compelling characters and stories.

Because if it's broke, don't fix it.

I'll continue watching, but I doubt it'll pick up in any meaningful capacity, especially with Blumhouse's track record on the films.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Just watched Hereditary.
Most people I've seen talk about it say it's the scariest movie ever. I was not scared once. It's a good movie, but I didn't find it scary at all. A bit creepy, but not scary. There are also some really noticeable goofs.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Just finished today's Days of Our Lives... Come on, Days. I demand for a polyamorous relationship between Will, Sonny, and Paul. I DEMAND!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just watched A Beautiful Mind on Netflix, such a sad movie on all levels. It really drives home the effects mental illness can have on a family. Even more tragic that it's based on a true story. The "twist" is when it really starts to get emotional.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well I went to see The Predator last night despite some of the not so great reviews.

I'm still collating after this one but I do feel confident saying that it was "okay" and giving it a (weak) 3/5. Taking it for what it is, it's an entertaining sci-fi flick and though it feels completely different from previous instalments, it was also expected and not unwelcome. There is some genuinely enjoyable moments and things that I love about this movie. Personally I walked out of the theater feeling less letdown than how I felt after watching Predators (2010). I say this because I actually warmed up to the characters in this movie and loved that the predators featured were given more personality. That all being said, this movie has pacing issues and suffers from big Studio meddling as so much footage was taken out but not much to help piece it all back together for coherency's sake (granted a lot of what was featured in the leaked script was risky or even downright absurd but hey that's what they went with so they should have owned at least some of it).

Moving onto the more spoiler-y details:
I loved seeing the Predator language played up on and also enjoyed seeing the beginning chase scene between the spaceships. Though it felt like something out of Star Trek, it was still badass and works well for the lore. The Fugitive predator (classic Predator design) is my favorite thing from this movie. He's got character and has this antihero vibe while still being ruthless. I really enjoyed the humor brought to the creature with various gestures. There is one part where he takes a guy's severed arm and uses it to give a signal- pretty funny stuff.

I also warmed up to the Upgrade predator's design as well as the general concept behind it. That being said, there was absolutely no point in him being 10 feet tall... None at all. The only thing that Upgrade does with ease is flip the Fugitive predator over like a ragdoll. That's it. Everything else shown are things that any other Predator could have done. I did get some Nemesis vibes during certain moments with him.

Some of my bigger complaints:
It's the damn third act that really jacks this movie up. The final fight against the Upgrade is so underwhelming. Like that's how they finish him? It frustrates me as I think about it more and more.
My biggest gripe is that Fugitive predator is killed off (way too early). Of course I already knew this happened before going to see it and thought I had braced myself for it, but Fugitive is criminally underused which leaves me still bitching and wishing more came from this predator character. Had they made it so that Fugitive survives, at least till the end, it could have really aided in the final fight against the Upgrade as well as the entire third act.

Some more gripes:
The Stargazer/Escape scenes, though some of my favorite parts, left me wanting a bit more to be shown/established as the lab breakout plays out too quickly.

Everything that takes place during the school needed to be rewritten/reimagined- including the pred dogs. While I liked the pred dog design, they were not used to their fullest potential. Thus Predators did a better job with the pred dog concept.

They should have left out the whole "global warming" crap. Really there is already a lot going on with the DNA splicing concept that they should have kept it more 'simple-stupid'. Just have it so that only certain clans take part in this and its just because they like to enhance into that bigger, stronger hunter instead of "humans are going extinct soon so better drink up".

Then of course there's the notorious Iron-Pred suit. Perhaps a different design could have helped it but I gotta say I'm not crazy about the superhero route they were pushing with that end scene.

For now I would rank the series as such:
Predator
Predator 2
The Predator (it's a close contender to Predator 2 though)
Predators

It's most certainly not the worst but also not the best. While it's still a bit of a letdown, especially when putting a lot of thought of what could have been, it is still entertaining. I do plan on seeing this movie again pretty soon and look forward to buying the DVD as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom