• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
A PG-13 Carnage would work about as well as the PG-13 Thomas Jane Punisher film did (at least I think it was PG-13, I'm not sure).

Actually, it was R-rated as it should’ve been.

And a PG-13 Carnage would work about as well as Deadpool without profanity or Punisher without guns, he f*cking rips people’s guts out FFS.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
2004 Punisher was rated R, I can take a small comfort there. But there is a good chance it was also cut down for theatres (ugh)

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Punisher was Rated R, and hey, that movie was cool.
Actually, it was R-rated as it should’ve been.

And a PG-13 Carnage would work about as well as Deadpool without profanity or Punisher without guns, he f*cking rips people’s guts out FFS.
2004 Punisher was rated R, I can take a small comfort there. But there is a good chance it was also cut down for theatres (ugh)
I stand corrected. I haven't watched the 2004 Punisher in a long while, but now that I think about it, it did get an 18 certificate over here in the UK.

KManX89, your comparison works better than what I wrote, it's actually closer to the point I was trying to make. In my defense, I did write it at half 2 in the morning :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like Thomas Jane as the Punisher, and I like the movie, especially the apartment fight with The Russian, but it was a complete flop at the box office. Which is a shame because it could've been spun out into a successful trilogy, like the Blade series, only without a lead actor who let his ego kill the franchise.
I know that The Punisher War zone was much more violent than the 2004 film, though. Still a good film, even if Jigsaw and Loony Bin Jim did push the movie in a more cartoony direction. I'm just worried that Venom and Carnage might end up suffering the same fate as the Punisher movies, either by bombing hard at the box office or any future movies going straight-to-DVD.

I haven't seen the entire Netflix series yet, only the first episode, but I like what I've seen so far.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm just worried that Venom and Carnage might end up suffering the same fate as the Punisher movies, either by bombing hard at the box office or any future movies going straight-to-DVD.

Venom and Carnage don't need their own films though. That's my biggest concern. Those characters work best when they're antagonizing Spider-Man. I hope Venom bombs, I hope whatever stupid idea Sony has next bombs, because whatever universe they're trying to build without Spider-Man is just pointless.

mjk321

Venom and Carnage don't need their own films though. That's my biggest concern. Those characters work best when they're antagonizing Spider-Man. I hope Venom bombs, I hope whatever stupid idea Sony has next bombs, because whatever universe they're trying to build without Spider-Man is just pointless.
building Batman without Spiderman is pointless?!!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: Has anyone else ever experienced the super frustrating feeling where you know that somebody is a snake in the grass, but nobody else can see it because he knows to kiss the right butts? It's incredibly annoying.

CT2: On a side note, I've had a really productive day at work today. I got a lot done, and also was commended for solving an issue that our entire department, consisting of three different teams, was having trouble with. I was then told to put it in my development diary to use as proof to eventually get a pay rise. Yay!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

Venom has pretty much always needed Spider-Man's help to beat Carnage, though IIRC since he's a lot stronger than both of them. Speaking of which, apparently Venom IS allowed to cross-over into the MCU and Spider-Man into Sony's Spider-verse according to leaks and Sony is open to a Spidey-Venom crossover. A Carnage film would ideally be the time and place for it, but if they're not gonna make it rated R, then they shouldn't even bother with it IMHO since there's no way in hell a Carnage movie will work with a PG-13 rating. Again, Carnage without maiming and gore is like Deadpool without swearing, Blade without vampires and Punisher without guns. It's bad enough that they'll have to water down Venom and keep him on a tight leash to keep it PG-13.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
What the hell is it with the Play Stations? I just had my second PS3 crap out on me but meanwhile my PS2 is still kickin.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
What the hell is it with the Play Stations? I just had my second PS3 crap out on me but meanwhile my PS2 is still kickin.
My PS2 is still fine all these years later too. I never had PS3 though. But yeah, my PS4 started overheating really easily... Ah well.

CT: So pleased. Passed my probation at work and I'm a permanent employee now. They also want me to help training some new starters next week. Yay!

Top Bottom