• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Must be nice to be shown appreciation for your work. I've worked at my place of work for 2 years with nearly perfect attendance and the highest reviews in the company and so far all I have to show for it is a 60 cent pay cut.
Oh gosh. How can they give you a 60 cent pay cut? That's so ridiculous and unfair...

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh gosh. How can they give you a 60 cent pay cut? That's so ridiculous and unfair...

I ended up switching departments when I started college because the department manager wouldn't work with my schedule. I was told by store managers that my pay wouldn't be cut if I transferred and then a handful of months after I transferred they cut my pay. The only reason I didn't quit is because I have a really good department manager now.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That seems nuts.

Every job I have ever had worked around my class schedule - Borders, McDonald's (only worked one week), Walmart, Best Buy. So it seems nuts that one person got in your way! But at least you have a dept. mgr you like better now!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Sometimes having a boss that's not a complete tyrant is totally worth the paycut. It sucks but it's better for your piece of mind.
So who else is ****ed off that D'Vorah killed Scorpion right after he and Sub-Zero became bff's for life and grandmasters in arms!?
He let go of his rage, stopped being an asshat and I finally started liking his character and this bitch just comes thru with her weird bug **** and offs him!

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That seems nuts.

Every job I have ever had worked around my class schedule - Borders, McDonald's (only worked one week), Walmart, Best Buy. So it seems nuts that one person got in your way! But at least you have a dept. mgr you like better now!

That's true. She is the only reason I still work there, as stores closer to me (I currently drive approximately 20 mins to and from work every day) hire at a much higher rate for far less experience so if she ever leave I'm giving my 2 weeks immediately.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
What a day it's been.

In class today I found out that half the class is dropping after this semester because the class is too hard. I also learned that I have an A in the class so if I chose, I could stop working now and just do nothing for the last 2 weeks and be fine (which I'm not going to do, it's just good news for stress levels).

I also found out that, rather than being enrolled in the campus in my town for my final semester, I've been enrolled in the campus 30 mins drive away, which aside from adding an extra 40 mins of drive time to my day, means I will be charged twice as much for out of district tuition.

I also found that I have been scheduled Tuesday night even though I requested the day off due to my being inducted into National Technical Honor Society. It is mandatory to attend the ceremony or I will not be inducted.

I have addressed both of these issues and hopefully they will be fixed. And on top of all of this, my stomach ulcers are bad again to the point where I am constantly nauseous and fatigued.

Can today be over now?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: I watched Rise of the Guardians today, just to see who this Jack Frost fellow is that everyone keeps pairing with my Elsa, and now I'm disturbed. I don't know how old he's supposed to be, but he looks 14 at best, so who the hell came up with the idea to give him this deep, mature - *cough* hot *cough* - male voice? That weird combination is causing conflicts in my brain that shouldn't be there.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, that mature voice is none other than Captain Kirk himself - Chris Pine.

But that movie is pretty great. I am looking forward to having children to make em watch movies like that with me. The Russian Alec Baldwin Santa is particularly hilarious. haha

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yesterday was maybe the sh!ttiest day of my life. I had the stomach flu yesterday, which of course meant constant stomachaches and vomiting. I was almost completely bereft of food yesterday, and most any time I DID try to eat something meant more vomiting, ugh.

I don't know if any of you have ever had the stomach flu, but let me be the first to tell you, it's the worst thing ever, short of being in a vegetative state. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Fortunately, I'm all better now, and currently enjoying an ice cold can of Mountain Dew without feeling sick. :biggrin:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yesterday was maybe the sh!ttiest day of my life. I had the stomach flu yesterday, which of course meant constant stomachaches and vomiting. I was almost completely bereft of food yesterday, and most any time I DID try to eat something meant more vomiting, ugh.

I don't know if any of you have ever had the stomach flu, but let me be the first to tell you, it's the worst thing ever, short of being in a vegetative state. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Fortunately, I'm all better now, and currently enjoying an ice cold can of Mountain Dew without feeling sick. :biggrin:

Not so familiar with stomach flu but I've always had stomach issues and would get food poisoning more often than I'd like to admit and no, certainly not fun. That being said, nothing touches the pain of my 15 year old stomach ulcers when they get bad. I'd rather be shot than go through that. No exaggerating.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have had a stomach flu before and it is NOT fun. Literally imagine being nauseous and bedridden sweating for hours and not being able to eat anything. Your life become vomiting and ginger ale.

On the other hand, my brother likes getting the flu... for the simple fact that you literally lose 5 - 10 pounds because you can't take any calories in. lol

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Last time my ulcers got bad I lost 5 lbs, which might not sound like much but I'm only 110-115 lb anyway lol.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
For ulcers, that is really specifically bad since a lot of minor ulcers can be cured for literally FOREVER. You must have the evil kind from the before times. You got like Nemesis Tentacles in you.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
My illnesses always seem to ravage my throat. I was sick a month ago with a really bad throat, and I'm sick again this month with the exact same thing. Usually takes at least a week to start getting better.

I guess whatever you end up sick with, it sucks. :\

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My tonsils are permanently swollen, so when I get sick they get HUGE. They touch each other. I went to the doctor for my annual checkup last month and she said it isn't an issue unless I keep getting sick because of it. But I know throat pain. Whenever I have even the slightest cold, I have fiery hot marbles in my throat every time I swallow. lol

Top Bottom