• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: If God made the Earth, the philosopher asks, who made God? God has always been there, the Christian answers.
Fine. Which means that before God decided to create the Earth, there was an eternity without it. There's nothing more than eternity, so if there was an eternity without the Earth, it means the Earth never existed. Yet here it is...
Wait... what? :confused:

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Currently Thinking :

It is said that ''Sometimes you have to let go of the one you love to find out if there is really something there.'' and I can't help but agree.

With that being said,

It's now time for some Re6 a nice hot cup of peppermint & licorice.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
CT: If God made the Earth, the philosopher asks, who made God? God has always been there, the Christian answers.
Fine. Which means that before God decided to create the Earth, there was an eternity without it. There's nothing more than eternity, so if there was an eternity without the Earth, it means the Earth never existed. Yet here it is...
Wait... what? :confused:
CT: Trying to under stand what this means.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Believe me, so do I... Trying to imagine or even thinking about eternity always leads to knots in my brain.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
CT: Finally got to see "Django Unchained" tonight! Well worth the wait and the $20! However, I really don't get what all the controversy was about. People are too damn touchy sometimes...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Just removed yet another virus from my computer without deleting everything on the hard drive and completely reinstalling the whole system. How strange! Considering all those "helpful" websites that claim there's no other way of repairing the computer...
So, whatever virus you may have, don't trust websites telling you that reinstalling your system is the only option. In most cases, it is not. It's also not as easy and convenient and time-saving as they all seem to think.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Believe me, so do I... Trying to imagine or even thinking about eternity always leads to knots in my brain.
I know! I always try thinking about how God got there, and if he was always there, how did time start, and... It hurts.

Modern Life Is Rubbish

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain--and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,
But not to call me back or say good-by;
And further still at an unearthly height
One luminary clock against the sky
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: English is a strange language.
Most languages have lots of rules and a couple of exceptions. English has a couple of rules and lots of exceptions!
Breach, Break, Bread.
They all have the "ea" in common, so why are they pronounced differently?
Breed, Brake, Bad.
These sound like the other three, but are written differently.
Logic? - N/A.

French suffers from the fact that many syllables (for example "en", "an", "on") are pronounced the same way, which makes it difficult to figure out how it is written by only hearing it, but at least you can be relatively sure that they are always pronounced like that when you encounter them in a word. (As I said, relatively; "enne" would be a different case.)
I prefer the pronunciation rules of the Spanish language. They always apply, so you can pronounce every word the right way even when you read/say it for the first time.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
So, whatever virus you may have, don't trust websites telling you that reinstalling your system is the only option. In most cases, it is not. It's also not as easy and convenient and time-saving as they all seem to think.
It's usually not the only option, but it is always the easiest option to explain to someone... ;)

CT: English is a strange language.
Most languages have lots of rules and a couple of exceptions. English has a couple of rules and lots of exceptions!
Breach, Break, Bread.
They all have the "ea" in common, so why are they pronounced differently?
Breed, Brake, Bad.
These sound like the other three, but are written differently.
Logic? - N/A.

French suffers from the fact that many syllables (for example "en", "an", "on") are pronounced the same way, which makes it difficult to figure out how it is written by only hearing it, but at least you can be relatively sure that they are always pronounced like that when you encounter them in a word. (As I said, relatively; "enne" would be a different case.)
I prefer the pronunciation rules of the Spanish language. They always apply, so you can pronounce every word the right way even when you read/say it for the first time.
I believe most (if not all) syllables are pronounced the same in Norwegian, so that's not so hard for foreigners to learn. But try to learn Norwegian grammar, it's impossible to become good at it. There's so many rules and exceptions that it all makes no sense. :p

A good side-effect of this difficulty, is that fraud emails and scams are very very easy for us to spot. Foreigners trying to write Norwegian and pretend they are the bank or some other serious company? LOL

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's the same with German: There are so many little things to consider for almost every sentence that sometimes not even the native speakers themselves get it right, let alone foreigners, no matter how much time they've spent learning it at school. But then again, German has only one past tense for written and one for spoken language, and it's not really tragic if you mix them up, while French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and similar languages have several tenses and are quite anal about choosing the right one depending on what you're trying to say. And so is English, although it's easier to get into. But no matter how easy or difficult a language seems, in the end they all have their unique sets of issues.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's the same with German: There are so many little things to consider for almost every sentence that sometimes not even the native speakers themselves get it right, let alone foreigners, no matter how much time they've spent learning it at school. But then again, German has only one past tense for written and one for spoken language, and it's not really tragic if you mix them up, while French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and similar languages have several tenses and are quite anal about choosing the right one depending on what you're trying to say. And so is English, although it's easier to get into. But no matter how easy or difficult a language seems, in the end they all have their unique sets of issues.
Our languages are closely related, so I think I know what you're talking about. :)

And it's not only as easy as understand what something literally means, it can mean something very different. I have the impression that Norwegian have many more proverbs and strange sayings than English. Some proverbs are obvious, others not.

Top Bottom