• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 what about Chris, Claire, Leon and Jill

wanderer

battle master
game instant fail.
RE 'fans' complain when game is not scary and too much holywood action. you put in 4 veterans who have seen all the worst crap any other Biohazard villain has thought up, and you play/relate to those characters. GAME WILL NOT BE SCARY. all 4 characters have shown they can put up a fight even without heat, they will just counter everything there is. the only way this is going to work is put them in there without any guns for half the game, and put in units you cannot touch at all or you die, so even martial arts will not work.

in the end i still think Capcom is getting ready to close the chapter for the biohazard veterans. you see Jake + Sherry's ending in RE6, and we get Moira introduced. the direction now is pushing in younger newer less experienced characters into biohazard.

and if you 'hardcore fans' don't like that veterans are slowly being pushed out, you can go right ahead and boycott Capcom forever, makes no difference to me :horde:

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think it would be better for the main characters to go out in a bang than for them to be gradually phased out. So if this was the last game that any of them would be in, I would rather that they were all in it.

It might not be the survival horror game that everyone has been looking for, but I think we have to face that its not where the series is going anyway. I think it could have a good story and it would be a good way to end the storylines of all of the characters. After they get rid of all of the main characters, the series could probably go back to its roots and I think this would be the best way of doing it.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Why would having seasoned characters make it less scary? It's how the players CONTROLLING them cope with what's in the game and how the game's presented that makes it what it is, last I checked. It's entirely first person.

Take, for example, the Silent Hill P.T., I don't think playing as Heather Mason (who's probably the only recurring character of the series outside of various joke non-canon cameo endings) would make this **** any less disturbing (don't say I didn't warn ya):

As to the topic at hand, yes, it needs to happen, throw in Ada, too, if it is the last game, and Barry, give everybody their last hoorah.

wanderer

battle master
soooo..... a monster that makes Wesker look like a puppy and it needs every veteran to work together to kill it?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
You could do that, but what difference does it make as far as the so-called "scare factor" is concerned? If the next game were presented like the aforementioned SH PT, with a Resident Evil-styled monster in place of that freaky ghost girl (Lisa I believe is her name), I don't think playing as Chris, Jill or any "seasoned" Resident Evil characters would make you any less freaked out by it.

I already don't feel like buying Silent Hills after seeing the P.T. (Playable Teaser) in action, and that was just a demo/teaser! Man, that was scary as hell.

Denzil22

Premium
I really would like to see leon and Jill together. In a game it's strange to thing the games have been going on for so long now and they haven't really met

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I really would like to see leon and Jill together. In a game it's strange to thing the games have been going on for so long now and they haven't really met

Or Jill and Claire, despite both of em being Chris' only family. What are the odds?

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
How is having only the veterans any worse than having the veterans pair up with newbies and have the new guys die right away or have them only survive because of the veterans' help? It's the same concept, but without unnecessary forgettable characters

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I am almost willing to stake money on Capcom doubling down with Jake for RE7. No idea who he'll be with, but he himself is a shoo in.

ArabPikachu

in the end i still think Capcom is getting ready to close the chapter for the biohazard veterans. you see Jake + Sherry's ending in RE6, and we get Moira introduced. the direction now is pushing in younger newer less experienced characters into biohazard.

Two of those younger, newer, "and less-experienced" characters (Jake and Sherry) you mentioned happen to have viruses that make them super-powered characters.

Piers was technically a younger, newer, and less-experienced character but got killed off.

At this point, Moira is the only character that fits all of the following criteria:

1. Younger

2. Newer

3. Less-experienced

4. Hasn't been killed off in favor of veteran character

5. Isn't super-powered

Meg

So bin ich eben
I actually really like the idea of taking the original, veteran characters and putting them in a situation that is super desperate. Create a game where finding a gun, let alone ammo for it, is difficult. Force us to go through the majority of the game without any weapon besides a knife. That could be crazy. It would really tear down the veterans as well. I can imagine the four of them starting out like "this again? yawnnnn" but then all of a sudden they lose all their stuff and it's like "HOLY FREAKIN' SH*T ON A STICK?! NOW WHAT?"

Suddenly, zombies are a lot scarier when you can't just shotgun them in the face.

Mwahaha

wanderer

battle master
Two of those younger, newer, "and less-experienced" characters (Jake and Sherry) you mentioned happen to have viruses that make them super-powered characters.

Piers was technically a younger, newer, and less-experienced character but got killed off.

At this point, Moira is the only character that fits all of the following criteria:

1. Younger

2. Newer

3. Less-experienced

4. Hasn't been killed off in favor of veteran character

5. Isn't super-powered

sherry is not superpowered. you ever see sherry punching boulders? healing fast does not make her hit harder, or immortal, she still has to survive the hits long enough for the fast healing power to work.
Jake is not powered up either, he is just immune to viruses. unless you call martial arts superpowers, then all RE characters that have given a punch before are superpowered characters then.

Denzil22

Premium
I would really like to see some of the old charicters me too I've never met before at least not on screen like Leon and jill that I said before but there are others to like Clair and Jill and maybe Ada to. But most of the time capcom tend to not use the same charicters one game after the other Chris being an exception so it will be intresting to see who they pick.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
sherry is not superpowered. you ever see sherry punching boulders? healing fast does not make her hit harder, or immortal, she still has to survive the hits long enough for the fast healing power to work.
Jake is not powered up either, he is just immune to viruses. unless you call martial arts superpowers, then all RE characters that have given a punch before are superpowered characters then.
You're confusing "Super Powers" with "Super Strength."

I actually really like the idea of taking the original, veteran characters and putting them in a situation that is super desperate. Create a game where finding a gun, let alone ammo for it, is difficult. Force us to go through the majority of the game without any weapon besides a knife. That could be crazy. It would really tear down the veterans as well. I can imagine the four of them starting out like "this again? yawnnnn" but then all of a sudden they lose all their stuff and it's like "HOLY FREAKIN' SH*T ON A STICK?! NOW WHAT?"

Suddenly, zombies are a lot scarier when you can't just shotgun them in the face.

Mwahaha
This is actually a GRAND idea, and I welcome it...

Top Bottom