• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wentworth Miller as Chris...

STARSValentine

Awaii-Lynne;71349 said:
I thought Sienna did a pretty good job playing Jill, but Ali was and is a horrible Claire

LOLLLL No way can you say that Sienna played a good job for Jill she was only on camera for literally 5 seconds!! When the next film comes out will you actually be able to give feedback on her acting..

nradams

Niki
STARSValentine;90226 said:
Look wise I guess they went for the original Resident Evil Chris and not the hench Chris shown in Resident Evil 5... But personality wise I think he was perfect but I was just annoyed the fact they didnt mention he was part of the STARS unit... Which is a big fail in my opinion.

Oh yeah, that bothered me a lot too. Put yeah, his personality was Chris for sure. Especially his protectiveness of his sister.

Lizzy

I thought Wentworth Miller did a great job as Chris - I liked his personalitly and he looked far better than RE5 game Chris.

Also, I don't understand why people aren't keen on Ali Larter as Claire - I really liked her in Afterlife and thought she did a fantastic job mostly because she wasn't like the annoying game Claire.

Black Rose

I think Wentworth Miller and Jensen Ackles are better 4 Leon.

Chris needs someone who's bigger than Miller... i mean someone like John Cena, he reminds me of Chris a lot :D

lol

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Lizzy;90665 said:
I thought Wentworth Miller did a great job as Chris - I liked his personalitly and he looked far better than RE5 game Chris.
Black Rose;90706 said:
I think Wentworth Miller and Jensen
Chris needs someone who's bigger than Miller... i mean someone like John Cena, he reminds me of Chris a lot :D

tumblr_l5vnmwdfVy1qzjy9y.gif

Lizzy

STAR_738;90889 said:

Your point being?

I don't see how you can really argue that Wentworth Miller doesn't look more believabley like a soldier than the muscle bound steriod addict they made Chris into in the last game. Miller wins simply by virtue of his neck and arms not being bigger than his head!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm not arguing that Miller doesn't look like a "believable soldier", I'm saying Miller doesn't make a believable Chris Redfield (from any of the games). Also there are men in both the military and criminal justice field who are as big as Chris was in Resident Evil 5, and honestly Chris wasn't "ZOMG HUGEEEE" in the game.
I'm not saying I wanted the actor who plays Chris to be as buff as he was in RE5- just share his damn features.

No, Miller doesn't win- not for me. His acting was mediocre (hell the acting in the games were better!). The only thing, I felt, he had going as Chris was his movements/posture and any other actor could have done that (and then some)!

But alas we are talking about opinions here soooo. :ninja:

residentevilfan1994

All of the actors portraying video game characters are doing fine! I do not think everyone is judging them on the correct criteria. I believe people are judging based on whether or not the actor sounds like the video game version. This is not what should be happening. We should judge based on the personalities portrayed. Here is my personal judgment...

Jill: In the video game, she is very bad***, yet very friendly and caring. She is also very cautious as to who she trusts (i.e. Barry, Nicolai). In the movies, all of these attributes are portrayed. Great job Sienna Guillory playing as Jill.

Claire: In the video game, she is very selfless, but still a bad***. She is friendly. She always is helping people and risking her life for others. In the films, she leads a group of survivors and does everything she can to help them. Their best interests are above her own interests because she is selfless and caring. She is also bad***. She had a hand in killing many zombies, the Executioner, and Wesker. Great job Ali Larter playing as Claire.

Chris: In the video games, he has a very quiet confidence. He is bad***. In the movies, he is bad***. He has a hand in killing zombies, and Wesker. He is still very quiet, yet confident. He doesn't say too much, but when he does, he knows exactly what he is saying and it is important. Great job Wentworth Miller playing as Chris!

aoshi

I think choice of actors was poor for chris and wesker. Movie had very less co-relation to game.Too late to think about it i guess.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I thought Wentworth Miller as Chris was just average. Not great, not bad - just alright. Wesker's actor I thought was an awful choice. Wesker is such an intimidating figure in the series, and the actor they chose.... is a baby-faced cutie-pie. Not quite what I had in mind. That said, I think what was really missing was the relationship between Chris and Wesker and I thought the absense of this relationship really weakened the movie altogether. In the movies, Wesker appears to hate Chris just as much as he hates Claire, and hates Chris less than he hates Alice. That is a HUGE contradiction to the games - where Chris and Wesker's relationship pretty much fuels the main storyline. I mean, I get that Alice is the main protagonist here, but I was just expecting alot more disdain between Chris and Wesker and that was just kind of thrown out the window, and the only hint of it was that line that was taken from RE 5 which didn't even make sense in the context of the movies.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Shawn was the only one who had really played the games as far as I know (Sienna has as well, but she played them more in preparation for the second film). He did a pretty decent Wesker, although I think he should've been a little older.

Wentworth wasn't bad as a sorta RE5 Chris but the real downer of the lot was Ali as Claire. She was boasting in interviews how she was wearing 'the original Claire outfit'. She threw on a red waistcoat. Real effort done there. She DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A PONYTAIL. I don't think she's ever touched the games in preparation for the role, I think I remember her saying that in an interview somewhere. She should've done - games Claire is much more kind and compassionate than movie Claire. Irritating, really.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
^ I remember watching an interview with her and Milla, and Capcom was brought up and Ali was pretty much like 'Wtf is that? I've never heard of it - have you?' to which Milla was like 'Um, yeah they produced the RE games'.

Whoops. Way to show everyone you really don't know your ****. I mean - you're staring as a HUGE game character in the RE films and you have no clue who Capcom is?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As an actor here is my diagnosis...The Yes, Miller did have SOME beliveable qualities as Chris...but over all...not only is he a mediocre(at best) Chris...but hes not a very skilled actor in general...in my honest opinion i think the game characters adapted to movie characters have all been at the least DECENT, setting aside both Redfield siblings...and in all honesty i dont even have a problem with Claire, just think that certain people couldve done better...so all in all, Wentworth Miller failed...

aoshi

I think a younger sylvester stallone could play chris and anchor a good movie but he is too old to play now.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The problem with Mark Whalberg is hes such a big name actor...and they can't have any actors/actresses that outshine Milla...and as for a younger Sylvester Stalone...all i can say is...YUK...

aoshi

Hey comon, Sylvester stallone was buffed and cute in 1970s. His role in cliff hanger is in parallel to chris who lost his partner. Plus he gets beat up to the most in Rocky. So i think he is a fair choice. But now is old, So he is not an option to play chris.

Mark wahlberg is a great choice.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The problem with Mark Whalberg is hes such a big name actor...and they can't have any actors/actresses that outshine Milla...

I hope that was sarcasm. lol
I'm just gonna say that the series doesn't revolve around Milla or the Alice character... or it shouldn't anyway. Regardless that doesn't mean that they shouldn't hire great actors/actresses who could actually portray the characters from the games properly. Hell I really don't mind the Alice character, after all, she is the only well-developed character of the film series. But the fact that they have been so careless with the other characters that fans know and care about is what irritates me most.

At this point it's not that the other actors/actresses would outshine Milla; Milla is actually a really great actress and has worked alongside big names, like Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element. She's just a part of a really crappy movie interpretation of a great and entertaining video game series, which is more than likely why they can't find any other worthy actors/actresses to play the game characters. Basically it has more to do with the other people involved and their abilities and "clever ideas".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I hope that was sarcasm. lol
I'm just gonna say that the series doesn't revolve around Milla or the Alice character... or it shouldn't anyway. Regardless that doesn't mean that they shouldn't hire great actors/actresses who could actually portray the characters from the games properly. Hell I really don't mind the Alice character, after all, she is the only well-developed character of the film series. But the fact that they have been so careless with the other characters that fans know and care about is what irritates me most.

At this point it's not that the other actors/actresses would outshine Milla; Milla is actually a really great actress and has worked alongside big names, like Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element. She's just a part of a really crappy movie interpretation of a great and entertaining video game series, which is more than likely why they can't find any other worthy actors/actresses to play the game characters. Basically it has more to do with the other people involved and their abilities and "clever ideas".

No, I'm not saying that the character Marky Mark plays sould outshine Alice if thats what you mean...I'm saying that, and i could be wrong, but Paul Anderson is married to Milla, so of course they probably like the fact that Milla has the Limelight...but bring in a BIG name actor like Marky Mark and well people who have NEVER seen any of the RE movies are gonna go see this one just because of him...I know quite a few Die Hard Marky Mark fans, just like I'm a pretty Die Hard Will Smith fan...that dosnt mean i think Will Smith should play Josh Stone if he were ever in a movie...frankly i agree with you on the subject of the moives are good...i mean there are a lot of things that are BAD when compared to the games, but overall i enjoy the movies...

Top Bottom