• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 We need Sheva!

Do you think Sheva should be brought back.

• Total voters

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I kind of agree when was the last time we had a female protagonist in one of the 0-5 titles and I really want Clair to be the leader I miss her.
It kind of reeks, especially since it looks like RE6 is going to be all male. Sure, the females got three games but that doesn't really seem like many; especially when, a lot of the time, the girls are just kind of thrown in to keep females playing RE. (Besides, I don't really think Code Veronica counts completely as a girl game since Chris kinda horned in on her title.)

Camhot56

It kind of reeks, especially since it looks like RE6 is going to be all male. Sure, the females got three games but that doesn't really seem like many; especially when, a lot of the time, the girls are just kind of thrown in to keep females playing RE. (Besides, I don't really think Code Veronica counts completely as a girl game since Chris kinda horned in on her title.)

Well we have the power to get them to do something all we have to do is make it a treanding topic then soon in 2016 Resident evil 7 staring Clair Redfield.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
untitle.JPG

Sorry, but I just thought she was kind of useless in RE5. Jill should've been her, and they should've been rescuing more of a "side" character from the past in RE5. It's frustrating to know that Capcom's original plan was to have a Jill/Chris game, but instead they had to change it up and this was the result. This is only my opinion though, I don't have a problem with her, I just don't find her useful.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sheva showed up and, in my opinion, pushed herself on the player: "Hey, I'm your new partner and you're stuck with me!" I also wasn't too fond of her little bought of indecision during the...second chapter of the game, I believe. She went from wanting to get the hell out of there to: "No, I'm with you 'til the end" in two seconds flat; her loyalty doesn't strike much confidence in me if we want to get right down to it. Her voice actress kind of got on my nerves as well. She's supposed to be African so why in the world does she sound British half the time?

Social Studies Fact: There are some parts of Africa with heavy British accents because that's who conquered them and taught them english for trading and such...It's still like that today actually...A lot like how in the sixteen hundreds the British did that to Japan in the Feudal Japan era, for trading...It's quite common and there is no error in that whatsoever...

That aside...I hate Sheva..She is the worst character EVER introduced into Resident Evil and Ashley Grahm had more depth than her...If she ever returns and It's co-op I will have countless hours of fun finding every possible way I can kill her...Capcom...We fans have told you what you should do with the new RE games to keep us fans happy...Numero Uno on my list is NEVER bring that filthy excuse for a character back to our beloved series...

aoshi

I think sheva was a good character. I am not saying she is the best ever RE character but a good character nonetheless. I understand that capcom tossed her in to avoid racist allegations but wat did they expect. They were targeting european origins in RE 4 which was already criticised. Now RE 6 is going to be in china.Not sure how much of an impact it will make on the origins.My point is fictional elements can't target communities and their origins to justify their cause which can accidentally demoralise characters of different origins.I can understand if there is a rivalry between origins...such as america and russia.It would not demoralise them if they were used as fictional elements as rivalry is known and there is nothing demoralising than jus combat.But characterizing them as mutated zombies is quite demoralising.

Though sheva did not add much to RE universe, she played her part well. In fact she did take wesker down with her but chris did not want to lose her like he did with jill. She had every right to avenge wesker as her family was involved in umbrella's experiment. So why deprive of her right to fight along side chris? Also comparing her to jill is pointless. Jus because jill has her fictional background with umbrella, she is no match in combat compared to sheva. Jill did not entirely suppress the umbrella organization and was merely a survivor of the raccoon city incident as elements of umbrella were still alive such as wesker and tricell. In fact sheva killed wesker(in his mutated form) and suppressed bio-terrorism in africa which makes sheva a better combatant than jill. Facts point sheva as a better RE character than jill. Hating her would jus be racism.

Camhot56

Social Studies Fact: There are some parts of Africa with heavy British accents because that's who conquered them and taught them english for trading and such...It's still like that today actually...A lot like how in the sixteen hundreds the British did that to Japan in the Feudal Japan era, for trading...It's quite common and there is no error in that whatsoever...

That aside...I hate Sheva..She is the worst character EVER introduced into Resident Evil and Ashley Grahm had more depth than her...If she ever returns and It's co-op I will have countless hours of fun finding every possible way I can kill her...Capcom...We fans have told you what you should do with the new RE games to keep us fans happy...Numero Uno on my list is NEVER bring that filthy excuse for a character back to our beloved series...

Sheva actually did add to the resident evil 5 universe she helped defeat wesker and helped saved Jill like someone else said she desearved to kill wesker HELL! And damn dog deserved to kill Wesker he is evil

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Hating her would jus be racism.

Thats utterly ridiculous.

So your saying the only reason we dislike her is because we are racist?

Its obvious you have not been reading what people have been saying on this topic.

The people who disliked Sheva dislike her because she brought nothing new to the story. Because she was just tossed in randomly at the last minute with no explaination from Cacpom as to why. She replaced a beloved Resident Evil character (Jill) as Chris's partner and even got to have a hand in killing Wesker which alot of fans did not think she had a right to do.

THAT is the reason why we dislike her.

Don't go around throwing out ridiculous accusations like that.

Racist?

pfft!

Camhot56

Thats utterly ridiculous.[/FONT][/B]

Its obvious you have not been reading what people have been saying on this topic.

The people who disliked Sheva dislike her because she brought nothing new to the story. Because she was just tossed in randomly at the last minute with no explaination from Cacpom as to why. She replaced a beloved Resident Evil character (Jill) as Chris's partner and even got to have a hand in killing Wesker which alot of fans did not think she had a right to do.

Racist?

pfft![/qu

Umm yeah capcom doesn't have to explain **** to you or anyone else they can do whatever they want with the story. Why didnt anyone react like this when anyone else was brought into the story like the first time you met Rebecca or Ashley huh. Yeah it looks pretty bad on your part and people are saying they threw her in so capcom wouldn't seem racist no they put her in because she is a good character its ignorent people like that love to follow others and not have a mind of your own She helped kill WESKER! THATS one thing she added another thing hmmm she helped save Jill's life and hmmm another thing SHE HELPED STOP UROBUROES from getting out. You people need to being closed minded and accept that new characters are being made and you guys need to get over it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah it looks pretty bad on your part and people are saying they threw her in so capcom wouldn't seem racist no they put her in because she is a good character its ignorent people like that love to follow others and not have a mind of your own She helped kill WESKER! THATS one thing she added another thing hmmm she helped save Jill's life and hmmm another thing SHE HELPED STOP UROBUROES from getting out. You people need to being closed minded and accept that new characters are being made and you guys need to get over it.

I agree with ToCool74, there's no need to turn this into an argument, we're just sharing opinions.
I do like to see new characters being introduced and I love what they did in Revelations, in which they introduced a bunch of new characters, Chris and Jill have new partners, etc.
However, in my opinion, RE5 was not a good time to introduce a new character. I think that originally, Chris was suposed to be the only playable character, with Jill helping him destroy Wesker in the ending. I would have prefered that because Chris and Jill had a story with Wesker. That or Chris' partner being killed halfway through the game and replaced by Jill, or Jill going after Wesker and Excella and Sheva staying behins instead of Jill, for example.
In the end, I do like the final result, what I mentioned were just little details that wouldn't change the story in a great way.
Sheva was the typical fill-up character that probably won't ever be heard of again, either people like her or not.
The same happened with Parker, Quint, Keith, Billy, Carlos, etc. Those were all great charactes, but not destined to be heard of again.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Copy and Pasted from other thread as it is all I need to say on the subject:

I never had a problem with Sheva in any fashion. I felt she brings more to the table than other canon characters such as Ashley (who only serves as a plot device because she is the president's daughter), Ark Thompson (who is only noteworthy because of a mentioned link to Leon), Bruce McGivern (I have played the game, but still ask myself who the F is this guy and why do I care?), or Fong Ling (see Bruce.).

I feel many people unjustly level the hate on Sheva for three reasons:
1) She takes over Jill's spot as Chris' Partner for one game.
2) they fail to realize (or just don't care) that her spotty AI (never had a problem with it myself) is a failing of the progammers and not her as a character.
3) Many feel that her inclusion was only a last ditch ploy to alleviate allegations of racism. I'm not saying if this is true or not, but to be honest I could care less if that is the only reason she is in the game.

To be perfectly honest I have more contempt for Steve Burnside as a character than any character in the franchise.
Sheva has a better backstory and by proxy a reason to "be there" than some of the characters I listed above. My opinion is that she continues the Resident Evil tradition of a fighting heroine that is tough yet sexy, instead of being a blonde bimbo that follows you around and gets kidnapped all the time. Like a bad Scooby Doo episode, seriously. My biggest complaint about RE4 and RE5 (other than the total lack of the Resident Evil feeling, and the fact that RE5 was one big missed opportunity) is the fact that you have characters that are constanly with you. In the old games the only time you really had a character around was very short, and for the majority of the game you were alone. This helped to heighten fear as you would feel isolated and alone. In RE4 with Ashley in tow I only felt annoyance and the fear that I would snap and kill her myself.

All in all I think Sheva is a solid character and I would welcome her appearence in a future game, especially over some other characters.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats utterly ridiculous.

Racist?

pfft!
As much as TooCool and I have argued in the past, I gotta give him credit for this one...Hating her because she's black would be racist, but last I checked no one hates her for that reason...We hate her because she added nothing to the RE story, had no character development (No noteworthy character development at least), no interesting back story, and frankly, made RE5 less enjoyable for most fans all around...But racist...Please...If I hated Luis Sera would you call me racist? Or if I hated Ada, who is Asian, would you call me racist?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
As much as TooCool and I have argued in the past, I gotta give him credit for this one...Hating her because she's black would be racist, but last I checked no one hates her for that reason...We hate her because she added nothing to the RE story, had no character development (No noteworthy character development at least), no interesting back story, and frankly, made RE5 less enjoyable for most fans all around...But racist...Please...If I hated Luis Sera would you call me racist? Or if I hated Ada, who is Asian, would you call me racist?
And as much as KennedyKiller and I disagree - past, present and, no doubt, future - I agree with this. What's with everyone pulling the racist card on RE5? There are many other reasons to dislike this game and this one excuse is just cheap. No one cared when Marvin died in Resident Evil 2 and he was black, no one cared when all the zombies were white; hell no one even cares that each and every Cerberus to be in a RE game just so happens to be a doberman and not a chihuahua or a corgi so what's the big deal now? What makes RE5's African zombies different than a decade worth of white zombies? What makes hating Sheva any different than hating Steve or people hating Carlos?

Honestly, when you're playing a video game for enjoyment and entertainment and all you can do the entire time is look for something racist - because let's face it, you're reaching - you're doing it wrong.

Top Bottom