• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Useless talents

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I was about to post this in the Thinking thread, but... come on, I can't be the only one! So here we discuss our useless talents, i. e. small things, big things, weird things, anything that we know or can do that has little to no use in life. It may have taken you a while to learn that particular thing, or you might have been born with it or just picked it up randomly, you may even be proud of it, but when you think about it, you can't help wondering why you even bothered.

So I'll start. I can...

... speak several languages that I don't need, because no one else in my vicinity speaks them.
... sing one Finnish song and two Japanese ones even though I don't speak either language and don't even know what I'm singing. I also learned two Spanish songs long before I learned the language.
... tell you the sizes and rotation periods of all the planets in our solar system (including Pluto) by heart.
... no longer list the first 151 Pokémon along with some of their primary attacks in the correct order, but I used to be able to do that too.
... learn to play music on the piano without notes, just by listening to it.
... walk for an indefinite amount of time without ever getting tired.
... roll backwards on the floor. Yes, I'm calling this a talent because I know only very few people who can do it properly.
... easily recognise dubbing voices no matter where I hear them. One of the few that managed to fool me was Troy Baker as Joel in The Last Of Us.
... remember birthdays. Not so useless, you might think? The problem is I only remember someone's birthday when you ask me about it, but not necessarily on the actual day.
My fingernails never break, no matter how long I let them grow.
The last few subjects I studied are completely useless when it comes to finding a job.

Now it's your turn! Even if those secret talents of yours don't help you in life, feel free to show them off here.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
- I'm very double jointed. I can bend the tips of my fingers almost at right angles to the rest of my fingers, and bend my hands in general in lots of different ways. My knees naturally curve in if I put my feet up on something, and I can curve them backwards standing up. My toes are double joined too.

- My memory with dates, names, birthdays, faces and things that I read is very good. A lot of the time, though, I remember pointless parts the most of the things that I read.

- I have a highly analytical mind, which isn't wholly useless in itself, but a lot of the time I analyse things too much. A prime example? I look at certain words and try and see if they spell anything backwards. A lot of the time, they don't.

- I learn song lyrics extremely quickly. I also hear rhythms, instruments and backing vocals that people don't notice.

- I can imitate a male operatic voice.

- I'm an excellent judge of character, but it's useless because nobody else sees what I see, and if I tell them what I see, I come across as a bitch. Luckily, most of the time the people show their true colours eventually.

Last edited:

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I can recite the entire alphabet at full speed backwards, but never drunk drive. Thank god that one's useless.

I have an uncanny ability to predict where shows, movies, and stories are going with their plot
-Almost nothing surprises me any more. Including the last season of Game of Thrones, though it was fun to watch.

I have mastered the the one-eyebrow-cocked to Jim Carey levels, but find nothing strange enough to use it.

I'm a certified IT, but all my friends have been tinkering with their own computers for so long they write off my ideas-- usually to longer, unnecessary troubleshooting steps.

I still have my 8th grade science teacher's signature memorized, but forging hall passes is no longer a useful skill at age 26.

I have immaculate grammar, but have been writing for coloquial purposes only. I now take note of every grammatical error I see mentally and do nothing to fix it. In my writing, your posts, and subtitles (professional or fansub). This one is particularly maddening.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Total lack of fear for horror movies. It ruins some of the experience for people who watch them with me apparently.

My almost encyclopedic knowledge of the RE universe :happy: Though I guess not totally useless, as I got my best friend interested in the series

Top Bottom