• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Transitioning from Revelations to RE6

YKYMrFalcon

Uncultured Swine
Alright, guys. I'll try to keep it short. I'm currently running a Let's Play on Revelations. Part of my October horror themed games I want to produce. I started with Revelations because

a) I had yet to play it

b) I heard it was a bit closer to the "horror" element than RE5

So I started the series and whereas I am just about to finish it up and have enjoyed it, it didn't quite match what little horror I thought it would have. It had it's moments, believe me. I may be a horror fan but I'm a little b when it comes to actually playing horror games. So here's my question, which I feel I already know the answer to but I'm trying to be unbiased, is RE6 even comparable to Revelation's "horror" or just another shooter with some scares here and there?

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's an action game. It has its moments of feeling like Resi of old, but it's a trick. It's not scary at all, but that's not saying it's a bad game. It's pretty good, just flawed.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Alright, guys. I'll try to keep it short. I'm currently running a Let's Play on Revelations. Part of my October horror themed games I want to produce. I started with Revelations because

a) I had yet to play it

b) I heard it was a bit closer to the "horror" element than RE5

So I started the series and whereas I am just about to finish it up and have enjoyed it, it didn't quite match what little horror I thought it would have. It had it's moments, believe me. I may be a horror fan but I'm a little b when it comes to actually playing horror games. So here's my question, which I feel I already know the answer to but I'm trying to be unbiased, is RE6 even comparable to Revelation's "horror" or just another shooter with some scares here and there?
It's more the latter than the former.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Leon's campaign flirts with the prospect of becoming a survival horror, but it likely won't have you quivering with fear at any point. Chris and Jake's respective campaigns opt for more of a tense-but-not-scary RE5 vibe. Revelations is, tragically, as scary as the series has been for a long time. :(

Top Bottom