• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Timeline confusion

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ada's campaign clearly messes up the timeline. She rides a train in her third chapter and gets off right after witnessing another one of Leon's failures to steer a vehicle (which is actually in 3-3, not 3-2 as the current online event tells us, but you don't get that medal without completing 3-2 as well, so do it anyway). The next thing she does, she walks through a door and enters the stilt housing area, where she assists Jake and Sherry in their fight against Mister Chainsaw. But wait - shouldn't Jake and Sherry be at the crash site right now, fighting Ustanak with Leon and Helena? And isn't that crash site quite far away from the stilt housing area? Unless Ada takes a little nap in that flat she traverses before meeting Jake and Sherry (there is a loading screen, after all), this isn't possible.

Another example is her third chapter as a whole, which starts at the same time and in the same place as Chris's. It also ends approximately at the same time because they meet again on the ship, and Ada even watches Chris and Piers as they're chasing Carla down the street. The problem is: Chris's third chapter is probably the longest in his whole campaign. He and Piers fight their way through J'avo-infested streets, protect Jake and Sherry from a shooting helicopter, hunt down an invisible snake, have an argument filled with sexual tension after Marco's death, shoot down yet another helicopter after running from its attacks for a while, traverse the medical research facility and meet Leon before they even get to the car. And now I'm supposed to believe that they did all that in twenty minutes? Because that's all it takes to complete Ada's third chapter.

Unless Ada really falls asleep in that loading screen right before the stilt housing area (which is a possibility, I mean, that woman is unpredictable!), this doesn't make sense. Has anyone else found inconsistencies like this (or can offer an explanation)?

weskerondope

you have good point man, on the other hand, it is possible to finish lets say resident evil 1 in 100 hours of gameplay
but that wouldnt make sense since its only suppose to be during a few hours,
same thing could be done here sort of, just stand still for a very long time in a roon and it should make more sense
allthough who would wanna do that?
maybe it is canon that ada in fact does stand still or as you say take a nap hehe

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I also believe that a few things might have been cut out of her campaign. The subchapter 3-3 is basically just her sitting on the train, witnessing the plane crash and then getting off... a very short subchapter if you ask me. Maybe she was supposed to at least fight a few more enemies before reaching the stilt housing area? Who knows...

Top Bottom