• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Thoughts on Operation Racoon City

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I believe I posted those under the spoiler line in my original post.
(SPOILERS: These Hunters are freaking ridiculous, they just won't die! And fighting Nemesis? Even the zombies are pretty ruthless at times, especially when you're bleeding or are at certain points in a boss fight.)
If you would like specifics, I'll be happy to tell you, but not here where I might spoil anything for someone who has yet to play the game and wants to be surprised during the boss fights and what not.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
The game is not horrible, and it's not as bad as people and some reviewers (because others graded it with 6+, an "average" game) make it seem.

Good matchmaking, good gunplay, good characters, lots of zombies and action, good multiplayer modes, overall a good game. I was forced to restart due to AI being stuck once, in about 3 hours of gameplay. I never had any problems with it that far. Multiplayer is great and feels balanced, but that's not to say it's completely fine; I want a solution to the melee-lock, and I'll enjoy it a whole lot more. Patch the game soon, and fans' word of mouth will make potential customers forget about those horrible, unprofessional reviews (looking at IGN; they copy-pasted a preview to make up half of the review, and the reviewer doesn't even explain anything). She said that the "Hunters just stood in front of her like braindead" in short; I'd love to play her game, because in my game, the Hunters always chase me, knock me down and are generally trouble.

This far, I'm very satisfied with my purchase, and I'm having a lot of fun with the game. No reviewer will ruin how much fun I have with the game, and it ****es me off when they treat games like crap and drop all kinds of comparison just to make it look like ****. It got almost the same score as Duke Nukem Forever, which was cited as: a last-gen looking title, a buggy, unplayable mess, no improvements, boring and unrewarding MP, and a lot of other negative stuff. They want to tell me that it's on the same level as RE:ORC? And I don't fall for the "different reviewer" excuse; either make reviewer-exclusive scales, or drop them altogether. I refuse to think DNF is on the same level as RE:ORC, simply because it's a lie. Maybe made up to attract page hits through controversy? Sure, that's plausible. But subjectively speaking, they're not even remotely close.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Alright, I'm going to have to take back what I said earlier about the AI. It is pretty weak. My teammates constantly drop like flies and it's such a pain to have to run around reviving everybody every two minutes whilst taking on a pack of hunters all by my one-some.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Alright, I'm going to have to take back what I said earlier about the AI. It is pretty weak. My teammates constantly drop like flies and it's such a pain to have to run around reviving everybody every two minutes whilst taking on a pack of hunters all by my one-some.
Haha, I'm sorry. Usually one of my team members dies but most of the time, I make it to the next check point before I even notice so they're revived - I usually scout on ahead and leave them to their own devices anyway - and, in boss fights, I scramble around and revive them manually. (Besides, the only one I really care about keeping alive is Bertha and she's pretty good at taking care of herself, unlike Beltway and Lupo. :rolleyes: )

I still see no problem with the enemy AI at all; they're some pretty smart cookies.

Meg

So bin ich eben
Haha, I'm sorry. Usually one of my team members dies but most of the time, I make it to the next check point before I even notice so they're revived - I usually scout on ahead and leave them to their own devices anyway - and, in boss fights, I scramble around and revive them manually. (Besides, the only one I really care about keeping alive is Bertha and she's pretty good at taking care of herself, unlike Beltway and Lupo. :rolleyes: )

I still see no problem with the enemy AI at all; they're some pretty smart cookies.
Maybe they just like you more. :cool:

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Lol...You and I had a bit of a debate about ORC...I will agree with you there though...I don't like playing online...That's why my favorite of the three systems is the Wii...
Why cant they just....have everything in nice package deal. Wii is terrible for single player games but amazing with multiplayer ....graphics took a step back for the wii though. PS3 and Xbox are virtually the opposite. Why is there no happy medium :(. You can't have a good amount of co-op and single player games with next gen graphics capabilities. Thats it i'm getting a Dreamcast.

Mario!~

PSN: Mario-Bros-Nick Add me!
One of the problems that I have is that you can't be any of the heroes/villains in the regular versus/survival/bio-hazard modes. It would have made the game SO much more enjoyable. >_>

You guys DO know that reviews are just opinions right? If you like the game then play it. No one is stopping you. It seems that the majority don't like it, but if you've already spent your money on it it's not like you have to put it away because it got bad reviews. No matter how bad/good most people think something is, there is gonna be an opposing side. Some people act like the bad reviews effect your gameplay somehow. Not just here but on other sites as well.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
You guys DO know that reviews are just opinions right? If you like the game then play it. No one is stopping you. It seems that the majority don't like it, but if you've already spent your money on it it's not like you have to put it away because it got bad reviews. No matter how bad/good most people think something is, there is gonna be an opposing side. Some people act like the bad reviews effect your gameplay somehow. Not just here but on other sites as well.
Exactly. People need to stop listening to other people opinions. Sure its good to take it into consideration, but it should not stop you from trying it yourself because of a stupid rating.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why cant they just....have everything in nice package deal. Wii is terrible for single player games but amazing with multiplayer ....graphics took a step back for the wii though. PS3 and Xbox are virtually the opposite. Why is there no happy medium :(. You can't have a good amount of co-op and single player games with next gen graphics capabilities. Thats it i'm getting a Dreamcast.
If you find a working Dreamcast you will be my hero...And I agree, we need that happy medium...Granted there were SOME good single player games for Wii (RE4, Zelda: Twilight Princess) but you could also get those for Gamecube, so no Wii exclusives could match up, but by FAR exceed the PS3 and XBox in the multiplayer department...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
If you find a working Dreamcast you will be my hero...And I agree, we need that happy medium...Granted there were SOME good single player games for Wii (RE4, Zelda: Twilight Princess) but you could also get those for Gamecube, so no Wii exclusives could match up, but by FAR exceed the PS3 and XBox in the multiplayer department...
I have a working one in my closet! o-o

Exactly. People need to stop listening to other people opinions. Sure its good to take it into consideration, but it should not stop you from trying it yourself because of a stupid rating.
The thing is if the majority says one thing, it should be taken into consideration, but everyone is different so if the reveiws are bad and you still really wanted to try it out, I think someone should rent it first and see if they like it themselves before they spend 60 bucks on something most people said was bad. (That's the point of reviews after all.) But if you already have the game anyway and you like it then go for it.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
The thing is if the majority says one thing, it should be taken into consideration, but everyone is different so if the reveiws are bad and you still really wanted to try it out, I think someone should rent it first and see if they like it themselves before they spend 60 bucks on something most people said was bad. (That's the point of reviews after all.) But if you already have the game anyway and you like it then go for it.
Right. I knew before raccoon city was even out I would like it. Nothing anyone said was going stop me from trying it for myself. But there are just some people who feed off of ratings instead of their own thoughts :/

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
Right. I knew before raccoon city was even out I would like it. Nothing anyone said was going stop me from trying it for myself. But there are just some people who feed off of ratings instead of their own thoughts :/
That's the horrible thing about this world today, everybody listens to the critics, instead of seeing it for themselves.

My buddy read the reviews, and said screw it, he wasn't going to buy it, i let him borrow it the day after i finished the campaign, he popped by my house an hour later and gave me back my game and said lets go to Futureshop, i'm picking this game up.

People really need to learn to take the plunge, instead of hearing from someone else that it isn't worth it, you won't know unless you see for yourself.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's the horrible thing about this world today, everybody listens to the critics, instead of seeing it for themselves.

My buddy read the reviews, and said screw it, he wasn't going to buy it, i let him borrow it the day after i finished the campaign, he popped by my house an hour later and gave me back my game and said lets go to Futureshop, i'm picking this game up.

People really need to learn to take the plunge, instead of hearing from someone else that it isn't worth it, you won't know unless you see for yourself.
I hear ya my friend...When someone talks about maybe a movie they haven't seen or a game they haven't tried or something, I say "You shouldn't waste your time, but go ahead, prove me right"...Then, they either like it or hate it, but at least they don't listen to the first part alone and actually GO TRY IT...

KKAAIIG

I personally loved it! Thing that bugged me was the campaign was a little short. But there is a Free Spec Ops Dlc coming out next month and hopefully a few more to keep us entertained until Resident Evil 6. :D

Top Bottom