• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Thoughts and Theories on Resident Evil VILLAGE

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
As most of you have probably seen, Capcom has released a teaser trailer for RE8 during the PS5 reveal. I wanted to go ahead and create a thread where everyone can discuss their thoughts and theorize what could be going on in the 8th installment. Feel free to share the good, bad, and ugly.

Resident Evil VILLAGE website

I know my initial thoughts weren't positive for the trailer. You could even say that I felt even more outrage when it was solidified that Ethan would be returning as the main protagonist in another first-person main title RE game. While I am not 100% sold on this title, upon further viewings and dissecting of the trailer, my interest for the game has peeked in terms of seeing where the story goes from here and what they ultimately do with one of my favorite characters.

I've already mentioned this in a couple posts elsewhere, but I'm speculating that this could be the game where Capcom kills off Chris. The cards are sort of stacked against him here and Capcom has mentioned that this game will probably upset some of the long time fans of the series. Granted Capcom could also be referring to the fact that they are staying the course with first person as well as introducing some supernatural themes (i.e. witches and werewolves). But between the message "His story comes to a close" playing at the very beginning of the trailer and the poster where Chris seems be a looming figure (with what appears to be something similar to the black goo from RE7 smeared on his face) the odds aren't looking so good for him.

If they were to kill Chris off, I can kind of see his death going one of maybe two ways; one being that he will be a boss that Ethan ultimately needs to fight; or Chris sacrifices himself maybe even as some type of redemption towards Ethan. Whatever they do, hopefully there wont be any burning at the stake or The Wicker Man crap. :p

That aside, the entire trailer feels out of the realm with the Resident Evil series and that is partially due to the witches and werewolf elements that are being introduced. I can't say for certain if I dislike them or not but it does feel off but could also potentially make for some interesting villains/monsters.

There's a lot of symbols being thrown around in this game. I actually did spot a Blue Umbrella symbol in the trailer. There was also that weird circular symbol that looks like a fetus and is surrounded by crow feathers that Capcom suggested for fans to pay attention to... they claim that they considered not revealing it because of whatever it represents is of great importance... of course I've not a clue what it could mean. But maybe something along the lines of Blue Umbrella, or whatever other villains involved, growing human bioweapons that are similar to Eveline.

This game may be the divisive conversation piece Capcom was setting out to make after all.

Anyways, feel free to share your thoughts and comments everyone.

Last edited:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I am uneasy about this...my thoughs where like-"Ah hell, they are doing FPS again? Give me a break..." I didn't like in RE7, and doubt i'll like it in the next one.

It does tickle me that apparently that we will have to fight werewolves and witches

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’ve gotta say those witches look deviously good. I can’t say that it has a place for RE but I do enjoy those themes in other mediums. Maybe they’ll actually make it work for this game’s story though.

The clips of the witches gave me some Alexia Ashford vibes honestly.

Last edited:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Hmm, if I have to guess, the werewolves might be related to the Plagas or the Veronica Virus. I'm just blindly throwing rocks at this point, but its fun to speculate. One of them might be a blood witch

Turo602

The King of Kings
I’ve gotta say those witches look deviously good. I can’t say that it has a place for RE but I do enjoy those themes in other mediums. Maybe they’ll actually make it work for this game’s story though.

The clips of the witches actually gave me some Alexia Ashford vibes honestly.

The thing that bothers me most, is that these crazy themes and ideas would be a lot easier to accept if the story wasn't trying so hard to stray from the rest of the series, and if it starred an established character and played just like REmake 2, but with some new mechanics if necessary, just like Revelations 2 did.

I'm always down for a unique theme and setting in the Resident Evil universe. Those were the best things about Resident Evil 4 and 5, but they were ultimately wasted by how fundamentally different the series was from the originals. But the settings of both RE7 and RE8 just feel so much more jarring when everything else about it is trying so hard to be less like Resident Evil. It's like Resident Evil 4 without Leon and in first-person. What exactly do you have left to call it Resident Evil? At that point, it might as well be called something else.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The thing that bothers me most, is that these crazy themes and ideas would be a lot easier to accept if the story wasn't trying so hard to stray from the rest of the series, and if it starred an established character and played just like REmake 2, but with some new mechanics if necessary, just like Revelations 2 did.

I'm always down for a unique theme and setting in the Resident Evil universe. Those were the best things about Resident Evil 4 and 5, but they were ultimately wasted by how fundamentally different the series was from the originals. But the settings of both RE7 and RE8 just feel so much more jarring when everything else about it is trying so hard to be less like Resident Evil. It's like Resident Evil 4 without Leon and in first-person. What exactly do you have left to call it Resident Evil? At that point, it might as well be called something else.
Agreed. The lack of iconic avatars and the first person point of view really does take away from these games feeling like proper Resident Evil installments. I hate when people try to downplay those elements that have been featured in this series since the beginning.

Edit: Honestly, with the graphics and themes at play in the trailer, I’m even more angry that we are likely not getting a CVX remake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I repost this theory I write on Chris hear, let me know what you guys think of it
And also another theory on Alex and the village

Chris isn't the bad guy he just did his BSAA agent job

Maybe Ethan son would have become some monster like Evelin, and Chris did kill it before it was too late

Maybe wias all an allucination created by the new virus, and Ethan was led to believe by some group, maybe the connection, that Chris killed his wife
But actually someone else did or nobody at all

I seriously doubt Chris turn evil after all the work he had done to defeat people like wesker and save the word from bioterrorism so many time... So it's hard to belive it...

Capcom is just tricking us like they did whit dante in dmc 4 trailer we all thought dante was bad but in reality he killed that innocent people because they were bad and one of them was also the final boss lol

Also dusk golem confirmed that Daniel fabron (the mm from resistance) is the guy whit the sunglasses in re 8 and he his helping alex wesker
This make me think of another theory
Maybe all that village is a set up made by alex, like an experiment, she created all that creature and witch and werewolf, and use the village as a testing ground like she did whit the island in rev 2,and now she is testing the creature and the virus and she is kidnapping people like Ethan to make them test this virus like she did why claire and moira in revelations 2
And Daniel fabron is supervising the progress callecting data to send it to alex

I find all this actually interesting
And since re 8 was actually revelations 3 this could turn true

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
My biggest issue with this is:
Is there anything even slightly related to ”biohazard” at this point? It seems as if this game is going to focus almost entirely on the supernatural, with witches and witchcraft being the focal points of the story.

My heart jumped a bit when I saw the Umbrella logo in the trailer, and it fueled my own speculation about the castle having some sort of connection to the Spencer family - but that’s about it. Take that one out and swap Chris for another character and you wouldn’t even guess this was a Resident Evil game.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Quoting from another thread because my response is more fitting here.
At least we can tell it is Chris. I still wonder if it was the real chris in re7 sometimes heh

I honestly wonder whether or not they're going to make that tie into the story somehow. Like, what if they're going to explore that unused Chris clone idea from the original Revelations. I even feel like the whole baby symbol thing represents the cloning process? Chris did look significantly young in RE7, so I do find it quite odd that rather than just make Chris look like himself, that they went out of their way to age him because his face is definitely looking rough.

Something is definitely up with Chris, and the whole "Not a Hero" thing kinda fits with what we're seeing here. Not to mention, they did delay the Not a Hero DLC, so who knows what they could have changed. Maybe they backpedaled on the "Not a Hero" idea but revisiting it now?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium

I honestly wonder whether or not they're going to make that tie into the story somehow. Like, what if they're going to explore that unused Chris clone idea from the original Revelations. I even feel like the whole baby symbol thing represents the cloning process? Chris did look significantly young in RE7, so I do find it quite odd that rather than just make Chris look like himself, that they went out of their way to age him because his face is definitely looking rough.

Something is definitely up with Chris, and the whole "Not a Hero" thing kinda fits with what we're seeing here. Not to mention, they did delay the Not a Hero DLC, so who knows what they could have changed. Maybe they backpedaled on the "Not a Hero" idea but revisiting it now?
Yeah, and did he ever refer to himself as Chris? Jen told me before that he went by redfield, and thinking about it I can't seem to recall him calling himself Chris. In other games he introduces himself as Chris redfield.

broguy

As most of you have probably seen, Capcom has released a teaser trailer for RE8 during the PS5 reveal. I wanted to go ahead and create a thread where everyone can discuss their thoughts and theorize what could be going on in the 8th installment. Feel free to share the good, bad, and ugly.

Resident Evil VILLAGE website

I know my initial thoughts weren't positive for the trailer. You could even say that I felt even more outrage when it was solidified that Ethan would be returning as the main protagonist in another first-person main title RE game. While I am not 100% sold on this title, upon further viewings and dissecting of the trailer, my interest for the game has peeked in terms of seeing where the story goes from here and what they ultimately do with one of my favorite characters.

I've already mentioned this in a couple posts elsewhere, but I'm speculating that this could be the game where Capcom kills off Chris. The cards are sort of stacked against him here and Capcom has mentioned that this game will probably upset some of the long time fans of the series. Granted Capcom could also be referring to the fact that they are staying the course with first person as well as introducing some supernatural themes (i.e. witches and werewolves). But between the message "His story comes to a close" playing at the very beginning of the trailer and the poster where Chris seems be a looming figure (with what appears to be something similar to the black goo from RE7 smeared on his face) the odds aren't looking so good for him.

If they were to kill Chris off, I can kind of see his death going one of maybe two ways; one being that he will be a boss that Ethan ultimately needs to fight; or Chris sacrifices himself maybe even as some type of redemption towards Ethan. Whatever they do, hopefully there wont be any burning at the stake or The Wicker Man crap. :p

That aside, the entire trailer feels out of the realm with the Resident Evil series and that is partially due to the witches and werewolf elements that are being introduced. I can't say for certain if I dislike them or not but it does feel off but could also potentially make for some interesting villains/monsters.

There's a lot of symbols being thrown around in this game. I actually did spot a Blue Umbrella symbol in the trailer. There was also that weird circular symbol that looks like a fetus and is surrounded by crow feathers that Capcom suggested for fans to pay attention to... they claim that they considered not revealing it because of whatever it represents is of great importance... of course I've not a clue what it could mean. But maybe something along the lines of Blue Umbrella, or whatever other villains involved, growing human bioweapons that are similar to Eveline.

This game may be the divisive conversation piece Capcom was setting out to make after all.

Anyways, feel free to share your thoughts and comments everyone.
what if the man in it is luis seiera you need to spread this theory i think its set in the same place as re4 just later in the timeline and the castle was purchased by umbrella after it was stomed by leon

broguy

maxresdefault.jpg

broguy

that sounds confusing the in the man in the hat could be louis sera and probably him

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Damn, the settings and atmosphere give out such RE4 vibes. Hella digging this. Seems set to be yet another return to form with a slight twist. Something tells me Capcom is about to hit another home run.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer

I know what I want to see in that case - a Chris vs Chris fight.

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, and did he ever refer to himself as Chris? Jen told me before that he went by redfield, and thinking about it I can't seem to recall him calling himself Chris. In other games he introduces himself as Chris redfield.
He is Chris, everyone call him Chris in re 7, and if you go into capcom official account he is called Chris redfield and his past his the same as Chris lol
And when talking to the redio to that girl that support him in not a hero he say he work for bsaa and even not a hero introduction say that he is Chris redfield the veteran from bsaa

Also capcom itself confirmed it was Chris in an interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom