• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica This game is kind of a jerk.

jw1322

StarsiderdotSajun;62916 said:
That's strange, I found Code Veronica to be alot easier than past RE games, Nemesis and the REmake seemed alot harder to me. I thought ammo was more common in Code Veronica than in the others actually, and you get alot of powerful weapons like the AK-47 (I think that's what it was atleast) and the dual SMGs as Chris. Apart from the games length, which I thought was the best part, it didn't seem very hard to me. I was actually really surprised and rather dissapointed that there was no unlockable hard mode. :(

i agree. the fight with the tyrant on the plane did give me fits for a while though :rolleyes:

wpstudart

It's one of the hardests games I ever played. One of the bests too. But when I saw this topic, I though you hated the game hahahaha

Jhovey87

Haha I remember the first time I played through CVX..I forgot to take the fire extinguisher and put it into my item box at the first of the game and when I got to the point with chris to put out the fire and get the magnum I couldnt do it....by then I did have at least 30 hrs into it and had to start over but by then it def. didnt take me as long lol

qcevolution

I loved how powerful the knife was in CVX. I could literally down an army of Zombies with just the knife! Swipe low!!!!!! lol

Mace63

God... I'm so glad I've finally SOMEHOW managed to finish this crazy game. It's not that I hate it, but come on! It's so friggin hard! I had to completely re-play it at one point because I was stuck with no ammo. If I wasn't so frustrated with its hardness I would totally love it for its amazing story and characters. Oh well.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Yeah this was deffinately a hard game. And it wasn't even deaths or ammo conservation that was getting to me. It was tracking down the items and finding where they go. Getting through the Training Facility as Chris was a bitch! It took me 13 hours to finish the game! Thats a lot longer than RE 1, 2, and 3 took me. I already noticed a few things that I missed on my first playthrough. For instance I didn't get the lighter as Chris so I missed a lot of items with him. But that just means I'll have more fun on my second playthrough. Then again second playthroughs of RE games are always funner, sadly excluding RE 4 and 5.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
^I don't even think it was all of the different items. For me I think it was placing them where they were supposed to go in the order that would allow for the game to go smoothly. (All that traveling wasn't too fun either.) It was an amazing game, though, make no mistake. ;)

greaterbadass

The Strategic One
Chris' part was kinda hard first time through,finding the 2 "element" items were a pain. Never had a problem with ammo though...

Deathed

I never finished this game for some reason. I made it to the airplane with that tough monster in it. I couldnt knock him out. I hope someday to buy the game and finish it. Its a hard yet great game. :D

Deathed

Oh, and those monsters with the long arm snap grabbers were a pain in the ass. Next time i need to save more heavy ammo. I wasted it to much. :(

STFU&GTFO

Expendable.
Deathed;84225 said:
Oh, and those monsters with the long arm snap grabbers were a pain in the ass. Next time i need to save more heavy ammo. I wasted it to much. :(
The Bandersnatch? In my experience, most of these can be avoided pretty easily. Try to engage it at long/medium range with a bowgun, that seems to work the best.

Cyberote

This game drives me crazy. Idk how many times I dropped the F-Bomb during that Tyrant fight on the plane. And now I'm stuck at Steve! Him and his freakin axe! I just want to thank the people on this forum for teaching me to keep a backup save file XD

Rain611

You can't kill me.
The Bandersnatch? In my experience, most of these can be avoided pretty easily. Try to engage it at long/medium range with a bowgun, that seems to work the best.

This is true, but I think it should be noted that if you save all of the explosive arrows you get in the game until the final boss and use them on her, it'll be one of the easiest boss fights ever, when it would otherwise be hard.

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
The tyrant boss. In the cargo hold. Using Claire. That part I absolutely hated, I kept getting killed because I couldn't dodge the bastard. He even pushed me out of the plane! Grrr!

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Code Veronica is the hardest RE game in my opinion, hard to manage items and longer than the others. 2nd would be Zero, only because of the character swaping and item dropping but really not too bad once you get used to all that. All the others I truely had no trouble with.. only little things like the water sample puzzle in RE3 (which I think we all hate). RE original is the easiest to me... cause I beat it like 1000000000000 times lol

Top Bottom