• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica This game is kind of a jerk.

Duo

I got through RE2 and 3 just fine, REmake gave me some trouble...but CODE VERONICA IS KICKING MY ASS. I keep ending up with no health items and getting poisoned absurdly far away from any sort of blue herb. This is driving me nuts.

The bosses are in a league of their own, to boot. I'm playing as Chris right now and all these hunters are just ****ing me off. Is the end anywhere near soon?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
well if your playing as chris then yes, the end is on its way. i admit cvx gave me some trouble.

Levan

Polkka. lol
CVX was my first ever RE game and YES, it's freakin' hard. A small tip: always keep a back-up save file, just in case you lose a bit too much health items/ammo along the way.

It's definitely easy if you know what you're doing though, or using a walkthrough.

Duo

I don't do walkthrough's generally. I'm chipping away as Chris right now but the hunters are so abundant and health is so scarce. I had less frustration beating RE4 on Professional last week.

The thrill of playing as Chris is making up for this at least a little bit, though.

StarsiderdotSajun

That's strange, I found Code Veronica to be alot easier than past RE games, Nemesis and the REmake seemed alot harder to me. I thought ammo was more common in Code Veronica than in the others actually, and you get alot of powerful weapons like the AK-47 (I think that's what it was atleast) and the dual SMGs as Chris. Apart from the games length, which I thought was the best part, it didn't seem very hard to me. I was actually really surprised and rather dissapointed that there was no unlockable hard mode. :(

Levan

Polkka. lol
When I played CV/CVX I went through the game fine even if it's kind of difficult. Most of the time I just dodged enemies. As for the hunters, it's either I tried to avoid them or unloaded all of my acid rounds on every hunter I would encounter. One or two hits with an acid round can take it down all too easy. :)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Be sure to save at lest one full-healing item for Claire.
When i played the first time, i got stuck because the "Axe Monster" (i don't want to spol much of it) always hit me at least twice, and always killed me (i had no healing items), so i needed to restart the game (when i got there the second time, i had a bunch of healing items and didn't use any).
Many people get stuck in the Tyrant or the "Axe Monster"

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Perhaps try YouTube walkthroughs for extra tips? Resident Evil Wiki also gives tips on how to kill the harder monsters.

Duo

I hate looking this stuff up generally, but I had to for Nosferatu. I totally didn't care about the Sniper Rifle enough to pick it up.

Tyrant was a prick, but at least I had health items at that point in the game.

Note taken about saving some for Claire. I'm finding Serum for her right now, and things are going alright.

Edit: I beat it! The nightmare is over. Back to the Resident Evil games I actually like.

SamuraiEdge

I can relate to you having trouble. It's weird the first time I played through the game I really struggled but the second time it was pretty straight forward.

~Excella~

Premium
hahaha, funny thread title.

I didn't find CV to be extremely hard but I do remember working hard enough to get to Tyrant in the plane and then flying out the back.....I didn't have a memory card at the time so I was disappointed and had to start the game all over again. It took forever.....

Duo

Every boss fight is really obscenely difficult, but I guess it's better then how easy they were in REmake.

LordGolbez

I Had Some Trouble With Veronica But I Came Out Ok My Older Bro Though Fought Her No Ammo He Wasted All On Hunters So I Thought He Would Die Against Her But He Killed Her With A Knife Truly. I Sat There In Amazement At This Feat As I Had Never Seen It Before.:blink:

L

Lurker
LordGolbez;66814 said:
I Had Some Trouble With Veronica But I Came Out Ok My Older Bro Though Fought Her No Ammo He Wasted All On Hunters So I Thought He Would Die Against Her But He Killed Her With A Knife Truly. I Sat There In Amazement At This Feat As I Had Never Seen It Before.:blink:

It wasn't Veronica, the virus was called T-Veronica, the girl was Alexia.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I remembered when i was goint through it for the first time on PS2. I thought the game was a drag because it was a 2-disc. I must say, this one was a pain in the butt. I thought the bullets were a bit scarce and the healing items too. I used to always die in the Tyran battle, in the ****pit of the plane. The "Axe monster" was a pain too bc of scarce health items, but after a few tries, I finally completed it. The rest of the monsters were ok. The most annoying one is the Seeker bc it's poisonous. Blah.

judled

i thought it was pretty easy, um and prob the worst of the cannon series. just take it slow,thats what i did

Top Bottom