• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Thing's that you hate about playing w/ CPU?

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
Probably the most important thing about playing w/ cpu's that i hate is their stupidity(bad AI)... they might not even move while a chainsay majini, or something lethal like that, would be charging at them, and they are worried aboukt getting you ammo... whats your least favorite thing about the AI?

~Excella~

Premium
The only issue I ever have that is very irritatng is how stupid the AI can be at times. Very unreliable.

JordanFreeman

i hate it when you give the AI a pistol, and even if they have ammo for other guns, they run off to find pistol ammo.

Annoys me greatly.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The same kind of stuff...

I have found myself in a situation where I picked up a red herb, while my partner had a green one, and was about to use it, except he(Josh) couldn't because a gun turret was hindering him from doing so, and I tried to request it, but he wouldn't budge until I moved, allowing him to use the green, thus making my red useless...:(

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
There are two things that I hate about the AI.

#1 - Giving me ammo that I don't need. Usually when I play the game it is with infinite ammo so I don't need ammo. But the AI has to give me ammo for some reason causing my inventory to get full.

#2 - Josh's AI. I don't hate him, I hate his AI. His AI is so retarded. He runs around, does nothing, when he is about to shoot he stops and puts the gun down, and stands around like a retard. It isn't the character, it is just the AI.

Iced Digger

Ammo use. Unbelieveable. I've had them shoot Duvalia's right on the outer shell, doing no damage. It's also annoying how the really won't use certain weapons, shotgun's the most. I don't think I've ever really seen them use one. They don't use granades either.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
CPU doesnt melee attack as well as another player would. It might just be me but Ive only seen the CPU finnish off the 'three move combo' once or twice on my xbox lol.. it is very rare!!

CPU cant do speedruns because they take ages to navigate round corners haha :p

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Iced Digger;69405 said:
Ammo use. Unbelieveable. I've had them shoot Duvalia's right on the outer shell, doing no damage. It's also annoying how the really won't use certain weapons, shotgun's the most. I don't think I've ever really seen them use one. They don't use granades either.

It depends on what you have them equiped with, and whether they are in Attack or Cover mode.

And for some reason, they are always off doing their own thing...so when I need their help to open a door(because apparently it takes two people to do so) I have to wait like 10 minutes while they take their time, "Sheva!, HURRY!"

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I hate how they get in your way. I usually always play as Sheva, and Chris just doesn't move. I always have to like, run into him/push him or hug the wall to get around him.

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
like today.....
My play character is sheva (even in co-op)
in chapter 5-2 (before fighting uroburos)
you crossing a rolling machineband chris always gets late or is thrown back by 2 crates comes out
i hate is

or he gets in my way and injury him or myself
veryy irritating....

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
La Femme Fatale;69514 said:
I hate how they get in your way. I usually always play as Sheva, and Chris just doesn't move. I always have to like, run into him/push him or hug the wall to get around him.

lol, I know what you mean, I typically play as Chris so I don't have this problem, but when I have played as Sheva, or even Jill in LIN, Chris takes up a good chunk of the screen, usually the more important part.:)

I definately prefer to play as Chris though, as I feel so much more comfortable hating Sheva after a playthrough.:)

O(+>

Wasting a herb/FAS is usually my biggest issue. I played a little campaign for no particular reason today and Sheva kept deciding I was in critical condition with my 95% remaining health, and stopped to heal me...on the conveyor belt that leads to the massive furnace...Got Game Over three times because of that.
I appreciate the sentiment dear, but your on ****in fiiiireeeee.

dark_zero

Hated when I first played the AI either took all the bullets and when im defeating a harder boss and I'm running out of ammo, the AI just stands there and does nothing I thought the AI should help not let you do all the hard work. Thats why I like playing with another person, no problems whatsoever.

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
dark_zero;69562 said:
Hated when I first played the AI either took all the bullets and when im defeating a harder boss and I'm running out of ammo, the AI just stands there and does nothing I thought the AI should help not let you do all the hard work. Thats why I like playing with another person, no problems whatsoever.

they also just get in the way when fighting the boss... and when they waste all their ammo, they keep "dying" and you need to keep saving their sorry @$$'s

We Are Ninja

Spike991;69426 said:
It depends on what you have them equiped with, and whether they are in Attack or Cover mode.
Truth. As long as the AI has a pistol in their inventory, they'll use it religiously and scrounge for ammo for it. EVEN IF IT'S GOT UNLIMITED AMMO...

La Femme Fatale;69514 said:
Not only does he not move so that you can get around him, he also takes up half the screen so you can't see anything.

As far as it always giving you ammo, I don't mind that; it's only trying to be helpful...

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
There are 2modes, ah, I dunno Attack and Defend, Attack will make the AI pick up ammo and stuff lol yeah even if they got inf ammo lol Its a basic control style for commanding the AI to do what you want em'to lol Defind makes the AI follow you around and do nothing lol. maybe you will get cover fire...

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
I hate when you command Chris to go do something (that makes the Storyline continue) and he replies "Out of the Question" P!sses me off, go do what the chapter tells you to do or I'll shoot you until your Hobbeling Around.

Wesker_xSTARSx

One, A.I.'s are useless when it comes to tactics. I feel like I have to babysit them just to run down a path. I don't expect them to be with me every step of the way when it comes to plans, but at least they should have better use of available weapons. Or even know not to run out into open fire. How about use the ducking positions? But, most of all... I hate how they'll run up to you to help you and just stop as they coime up to you before doing anything.

Mr Sunshine

I don't have a lot of problems with the AI mainly because I've never played online and I'm used to do many things by myself.

When she gets in my way I just aim at her and sooner or later she'll get out of my way. Also I set attack reaction off so I can shoot through her.

Sheva's AI started getting irritating when I started playing on pro mode. She just isn't fast enough to ressurect me even when she is next to me! She preffers shooting instead! DUH!

However, I have to say that she is an excellent shooter. I once noticed her when she was aiming a spider and the laser of her weapon was magically locked on the target, even when the spider was side-jumping!

In cover mode I sometimes give her only a rifle as a weapon. ;)

In attack mode a pistol and a rifle! ;)

It's unlike that she will use it otherwise.

Top Bottom