• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Video Games Of Your Childhood

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I was looking at Youtube videos of games that I played when I was young, and got a real sense of nostalgia. So I was wondering, which games were your favourites as a kid? Which ones really stick out in your mind? Were there specific things that you loved/hated about them?

For me, there were lots of games that I played: RE (of course), Super Mario 64, Zelda, Sonic 1,2 and 3, Rayman, Croc 1 and 2, Pokemon Yellow through to Crystal... The list goes on!

Which ones stick out in your mind? :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I used to have a game on floppy disk drive called "Santas Christmas Cape"
I could never find that game since though.

Kingdom hearts is my childhood and current fav game series though.

Turo602

The King of Kings
As a child, there were two things I was really into. Wrestling, and Ninja Turtles. Yes, I still I like these things today, but childhood love is so much stronger than my enjoyment of these products today. With that said, some specific games that really stand out in my head are...

Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
WWF: No Mercy (N64)
ECW: Hardcore Revolution (N64)
Smackdown franchise (Playstation-PS2)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 (Gameboy Advance/Playstation 2)

Aside from those, I did enjoy other video games. Which include...

Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Battletoads (NES)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis)
Sonic and Knuckles (Sega Genesis)
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Sega Genesis)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Sega Genesis)
007 GoldenEye (N64)
Resident Evil 2 (N64)
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (Playstation)
Spider-Man (Playstation)
Frogger (Playstation)
Halo: Combat Evolved (XBOX)
Metroid Fusion (Gameboy Advance)

Those are some of the more memorable games from my childhood. Sometimes, I wish I could just go back and replay them one last time. Even if I do still have some of them, thanks to re-releases and just good ole taking care of my games.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
As a child, there were two things I was really into. Wrestling, and Ninja Turtles. Yes, I still I like these things today, but childhood love is so much stronger than my enjoyment of these products today. With that said, some specific games that really stand out in my head are...

Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
WWF: No Mercy (N64)
ECW: Hardcore Revolution (N64)
Smackdown franchise (Playstation-PS2)

Ah, you've just reminded me! I also had WWF Attitude. My brother was more into wresting than I was, but we spent hours on that game! :D

EDIT: I also had Sonic and Knuckles on Sega Mega Drive. And how could I forget Crash Bandicoot? :D

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
Doom (PC)
Quake (PC)
Duke Nukem Time to Kill (PS1)
Rock and Roll Racing 2 (PS1)
Shadow Warrior (PC)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Alien Trilogy (PS1)
Die Hard Trilogy (PS1)
Tomb Raider 2 (PS1)
Alien 3 (SMD)
Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
MotoRacer (PS1)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
1. Sonic Adventure
2. Resident Evil
3. Crazy Taxi
4. Jak and Daxter
5. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
7. Sonic and Knuckles
8. Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2
9. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
10. Maximum Carnage
11. Spider-Man (Yes. It's a Dreamcast game simply called Spider-Man)

Reactions: Jen

MissDomino

Premium
First off, for the Atari 2600 :D
Bank Heist
Dragon Treasure
Winter Olympics
Centipede

Megadrive games:
Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyperstone Heist
Streets of Rage series
Altered Beast
Super Thunder Blade
Dynamite Duke
Street Fighter II' Special Champion Edition
The Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3
Thunder Force IV
Gynoug

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Well I grew up with the Commodore 64, Sega Mega-drive & then the PS1 didn't come out until I was bit older lol. I'll list some of the games I can remember.

Alex Kidd
Wonder Boy
Paperboy
Sonic the Hedgehog
Streets of Rage
Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat
Altered Beast
Shinobi
Crash Bandicoot
Tekken
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider
Need For Speed
Rayman
WWF War Zone

There's a bunch more from the Commodore and Mega-drive I can't remember right now.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I can only think of a few at the moment.

Crash Bandicoot 3: Time Warped (Didn't play the first 2)
007: Racing
007: Nightfire (Please for the love of everything, bring this to PSN. I will buy it.)
Jade Empire
Sonic Heroes
Frogger
GTA Vice City
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit
Psychonauts
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Tony Hawks (I forgot which one, but its one of the ones for the original Playstation)
Tony Hawks Underground 1 and 2
Tony Hawks Project 8
Destroy All Humans

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Like.. all the Mario games. Especially the first three Mario Parties, Mario Tennis and Mario... ****... I can't remember the one but it's the racing game. And I was into alot of Barbie Games.. Barbie Riding Club was my favourite. I remember having one of the Magic School Bus games - the one where you travel to different planets in the solar system and I just remember loving one of the mini-games on Mars because you could jump really high. Plugged away quite a few hours with Zoo and Roller Coaster Tycoon. And then Dino Crisis of course. And there was this one game and I can't remember for the life of me what it was called but it was a trivia game set in a castle and you would go room to room and these different characters would ask you a trivia question about really old ****. I never got any of the answers right but that never stopped me. :p

Reactions: Jen

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
When I was really young I remember having an Amiga and two of my favourite games that I had, now looking back at them, are blatant Mario rip offs. The first being Mcdonaldland, I loved this game so much haha! I really want to play it again. The other was a super super obvious mario rip off called... wait for it... The Great Giana Sisters... Yep!

I also remember playing a lot of Theme park world and Dogs4 on PC, I still really love theme park world. But I think the game that had the biggest impact on my childhood was the Tomb Raider series. I seriously wanted to be an archaeologist for years after playing those games.

Fenris

Wolf :)
There are quite a lot of games that I played in my childhood (I was such a gamer back then :D )

-Tomb Raider 1-3
-Max Payne 2
-TKKG
-WWE SmackDown Here comes the pain
-The first Harry Potter games for PS1
-Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup
-Little Big Adventure 2
-Sims 1 + Addons
-A game called Theme Park World
-Star Wars Phantom Meance - The Videogame
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64

edit: OH how could I forgot about it: Of course the first 3 Generations of the Pokemon games :D

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
And there was this one game and I can't remember for the life of me what it was called but it was a trivia game set in a castle and you would go room to room and these different characters would ask you a trivia question about really old ****. I never got any of the answers right but that never stopped me. :p
Was it called Mind Maze by any chance? Came with Encarta, made by Microsoft?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I had a master system and megadrive when I was younger and remember playing Sonic, Streets of Rage and Alien a lot. I then had ps1 , dreamcast and n64 but can't remember which order. The ps1 probaly got the most use in my early teen years Tony Hawks pro skater 1, 2 and 3, Res Evil 2, and Silent Hill 1 were the most played! I also really liked Tomb Raider 1 and the sequels, and Final Fantasy 7. On N64 we used to play Goldeneye a lot in versus.
I also played a bit of PC growing up, on games such as Duke Nukem 3d, Quake, Unreal, Command and conquer: Red Alert and a few others. I have a real nostalgia of playing a few older point and click games on Amiga and Nimbus PCs but can't really remember that far back!

Top Bottom