• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Shotgun ROCKS

Refan128

and the bowgun..... not so much! I love RE2 and I am about to replay it again and want to choose Claire but I want my shotgun. The bowgun kind of um BLOWS (unless you get explosive tip in Code Veronica) which makes it a game changer. I will be extremely rusty and need my trusty shotty. A thread like this probably exists in some form but leave me your opinions in the Shotgun vs. Bowgun battle. :goaway:

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, most weapons are better than the bowgun, but remember that Claire also has early access to the grenade launcher, which comes with three different ammo types and is much more reliable for killing stronger enemies than the shotgun (unless it's filled with explosive rounds, which have such a ridiculously short range that they could almost pass as a melee weapon). Leon has to rely on the shotgun, his only (moderately) strong weapon until he finds the magnum much later, so I'd say his scenario is actually the harder one.

But you're right, if I had to choose between bowgun and shotgun, I would definitely go for the latter, especially in the newer games. Ada's RE6 campaign was a pain in the ass for me at first thanks to her terrible weapons, a pea shooter that barely damages anything bigger than a rat and a powerful, but extremely slow bowgun - I was so happy when I found the shotgun later in her first chapter!

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Ada kicks all sort of arse with the bowgun / crossbow.
But I agree
I used to let it gather dust in the chests in Veronica and re2.
It could carry large amounts of ammo in its slot which was it's only perk but too weak to use effectively in place of any other weapon

Top Bottom