• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Leaving/Returning Thread

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
I've been gone for....since orc got released. Did a semester abroad in america, graduated, backpacked around Thailand, lived in Melboure, Australia for 2 years, moved back to nz, ex committed suicide around his friends anniversary.....didn't find out until a month later, at a bus stop at 7am, had to hold it in on a 10hr bus ride full of strangers, stopped at a town where I last saw him.

Last edited:

rondachewarrior

Wow - that is a tough story. I am sorry to hear that.

But welcome back here. I have enjoyed reading all of the new information you've shared!

I'm pretty sure I'm living proof that I've given the middle finger to life's obstacles lol.

Welcome back rondachewarrior! And I'm very sorry to read about what happened.

Resident Evil has prepared me for ptsd and trauma lol.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Now that I have significantly more free time (as will be explained below), hopefully I won’t have to make any further posts here!
  1. Quit my job in April 2019 due to a severe chronic fatigue syndrome attack as well as some internal friction.
  2. Seen my incredible girlfriend graduate from a tough as nails Master’s programme in Switzerland in June 2019.
  3. Applied for numerous jobs in law, all ending in either a vague email saying feedback can’t be given or being told I don’t have enough experience for an entry level role
  4. Family problems reached a new high as domestic abuse got significantly worse between last post and, basically, the last few hours
  5. Lost my car to repossession due to financial issues my dad entered (the government promotes being self employed without mentioning the obscene tax bills)
  6. *Nearly* lost our house to repossession due to same factors
  7. Sold our house and are now in the process of purchasing a new property on the other side of England (oo’ar)
  8. Finally came to the realisation that no legal employer in the country, whether a Chambers or law firm, would be willing to provide the additional support and work-life changes needed to reduce chronic fatigue episodes, realising my health is too unstable for any role in London and finally realising that law wasn’t my passion all along, I’ve finally decided to pursue my dream of becoming a voice actor! Will be pursuing to the fullest once we’ve moved into our new house and have built a mini-recording studio.

A tough year, to be completely honest. Not out of the woods with the issues of domestic violence but I’m excited to finally pursue my dream job. Couldn’t feign an interest in contracts or private equity any longer and finally excited to see where the future takes me in a career that I’ve longed to be involved in ever since I first played games.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hi Chris and welcome back! wow that's many bad issues you had to deal with. I hope everything will be fine for you. The domestic issues sounds the worst to me, I hope you get the help you need to end it.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Hi Chris and welcome back! wow that's many bad issues you had to deal with. I hope everything will be fine for you. The domestic issues sounds the worst to me, I hope you get the help you need to end it.
Hi Romero, really appreciate that! Luckily it seems to be coming to an end soon and we have court proceedings coming up that will finalise things. Will be nice to start a new life and a new career soon! :)

rondachewarrior

Now that I have significantly more free time (as will be explained below), hopefully I won’t have to make any further posts here!
  1. Quit my job in April 2019 due to a severe chronic fatigue syndrome attack as well as some internal friction.
  2. Seen my incredible girlfriend graduate from a tough as nails Master’s programme in Switzerland in June 2019.
  3. Applied for numerous jobs in law, all ending in either a vague email saying feedback can’t be given or being told I don’t have enough experience for an entry level role
  4. Family problems reached a new high as domestic abuse got significantly worse between last post and, basically, the last few hours
  5. Lost my car to repossession due to financial issues my dad entered (the government promotes being self employed without mentioning the obscene tax bills)
  6. *Nearly* lost our house to repossession due to same factors
  7. Sold our house and are now in the process of purchasing a new property on the other side of England (oo’ar)
  8. Finally came to the realisation that no legal employer in the country, whether a Chambers or law firm, would be willing to provide the additional support and work-life changes needed to reduce chronic fatigue episodes, realising my health is too unstable for any role in London and finally realising that law wasn’t my passion all along, I’ve finally decided to pursue my dream of becoming a voice actor! Will be pursuing to the fullest once we’ve moved into our new house and have built a mini-recording studio.

A tough year, to be completely honest. Not out of the woods with the issues of domestic violence but I’m excited to finally pursue my dream job. Couldn’t feign an interest in contracts or private equity any longer and finally excited to see where the future takes me in a career that I’ve longed to be involved in ever since I first played games.

Holy **** dude, we must be related lol, 2020 really is cursed. I'm so sorry any and all of that happened to you, really hope you're around supportive and helpful people at this time. Sending positivity your way!

V-Jolt

Hey everyone. I joined here in 2012 and have come back to my account today.
I've been playing Resident Evil since 1997 with the original game and have played everything since.
My favourite character is Leon and my favourite game is Resident Evil 2 both the original and Remake.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Hey everyone. I joined here in 2012 and have come back to my account today.
I've been playing Resident Evil since 1997 with the original game and have played everything since.
My favourite character is Leon and my favourite game is Resident Evil 2 both the original and Remake.
Welcome back...

Top Bottom