• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The biggest rip-offs of all time...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
So tempted to say the PS3 but I fear the virtual beating I will get...:lol:

Public transport - that's a rip-off right there. It works out cheaper to take an 8 hour journey across the country by train than it does to go to the nearest city via the same mode of transport. And our bus service no longer offers return tickets so you either have to pay for two singles, which is pricey, or get a "super saver day pass" which costs about seven quid to travel for half an hour and is neither super nor a saver by any stretch of the imagination...

And the standing charge if you get a taxi - to get to my house from town costs just over a pound. Add the standing charge and it's almost a fiver.

Hoady

Jesus christ that prices is absolutely insane i'd probably walk if i had to pay that much.Well lets hope the petrol isn't as bad,do you get something called a smartrider over there?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hoady;59153 said:
The Shires - They pretty much are the local communities word and have the power to change stuff in towns, mainly they only change with the majority of the communities words but 95% of the people that get involved are only old people and don't make such good decisions.Now we had the most lovely playground down the road,old with many years strong outside of the local deli and gave a good feel.It was simple,stuff made from old wood,plenty of sand on floor,slide,tunnels,swings,flying fox etc...they tore it down and replaced it with something new because it wasn't 'safe enough'.

Now they make it 3 times smaller and put limestone blocks around the outside.Ironically the swing has the exact perfect distance for a kid to fly into the limestone blocks,the metal burns kids,there are plenty of areas to fall off and hit your head on the way down and it looks like an absolute piece of ****.Then for no reason next to it was a nice little area with an odd wooden kinda fence,with a slide and a bench,lots of sand,very chilled spot...so they break down all the posts,remove about a 70 year old tree,get rid of the sand,slide, then slap some grass on the top to cover it up.You felt really safe in that spot but now its just gone for no reason whatsoever.

Okay so now its just plain,modernized,boring and far more dangerous.Whenever i've seen old friends down the road or we just randomly meet they go"What the **** happened?It was the most excellent tranquill spot and they just wasted a **** load of money on it.And if it was dangerous all they would've needed to have done was replace or repair some of the equipment,not put in limestone to reduce it size by 10 fold and kill all the old trees!Its pathetic i wish i had taken pictures,it probably don't sound too much but i think anyone would agree 1000% on the old style if i could give a comparison.

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/images/sam/Sam_RotK_8.jpg
That sucks. I understand very well the problem. Alas I think it's like that everywhere today.
But what I did not understand was the part where you talked about "Shires" and "word". I guess it's parts of your local government. Anarchy would beat buereucracy (I know I spelled it wrong) any day. :pinch:

Angel;59169 said:
So tempted to say the PS3 but I fear the virtual beating I will get...:lol:

Public transport - that's a rip-off right there. It works out cheaper to take an 8 hour journey across the country by train than it does to go to the nearest city via the same mode of transport. And our bus service no longer offers return tickets so you either have to pay for two singles, which is pricey, or get a "super saver day pass" which costs about seven quid to travel for half an hour and is neither super nor a saver by any stretch of the imagination...

And the standing charge if you get a taxi - to get to my house from town costs just over a pound. Add the standing charge and it's almost a fiver.
Smart of you to avoid all the inevitable virtual beating! The PS3 fans are about as passionate as the Leon fans. ;)

I know, public transport sucks ass. It's just too damn expensive. The railroad are run down and always late, you just don't know if it's 15 or 45 minutes late, or a half day late when the power goes out (the latter happens alot). Or it could be the odd day when it was on time. And it's expensive.

The buses are somewhat reliable, and they are never a half day late as they don't suddenly run out of power. But they are expensive too, and now when the idiot government decided that the average bus can not be older than 5 years, ticket prices went through the roof. Morons, they should try to make it cheaper, then fewer cars would congest the roads.

I never use local public transport. The feet and the car is so much better.

Question: How many politicians does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: No one knows, it's still dark.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Hoady;59175 said:
Jesus christ that prices is absolutely insane i'd probably walk if i had to pay that much.Well lets hope the petrol isn't as bad,do you get something called a smartrider over there?
If it's a similar concept, we have Oyster card but it only works in London - you top it up and scan it every time you take a journey and it takes off the relevant fee.

I walk when I can, considering I have a buggy and baby to manage now walking is about the only option. Law states that babies must be in car seats even in taxis so I'm not about to go out and buy one just on the off-chance I use a taxi one day. I don't drive so sometimes taxis and public transport are the only way to get to places so with the trains in particular I go online to book the tickets in advance so I can get a discount and there is one taxi company around here with a loyalty scheme which knocks off the standing charge once you've used them 5 times and had a little card stamped by their drivers.

Petrol prices are weird around here - a few years ago when the price jumped to a pound a litre, people were stockpiling it, siphoning it from other cars, rioting at petrol stations - you name it. Now it's over a pound a litre and it's just taken as a given that petrol is going to cost you.

Hoady

Yeah the oyster card sounds the same, if you don't use one around here your going to pay much more then you need but even then its still really cheap in comparison.I can't handle trains everyone is so depressed y'know looking at floor,slouching and frowning.As soon as you make eye contact with someone they look away as quickly as possible everyones got a goddamn brick wall infront of them.This guy about 2 weeks ago on the train walked past every single person and came straight up to me and asked me for some change.I felt sorry for the bloke,he looked roughed up y'know so i gave him a dollar..when we got off the station he went straight up to this bloke with a cigarette pouch,obviously not ciggies and just gets it straight off him said he'd pay the rest back.Funnily enough a minute later he asks me for change again.:sleep:

Don't you have a drivers license then?Man i wish i had a car it would be so handy but i haven't even gone to the licensing center yet lol, i could have my license but i've left it over a year now.

Yeah last year one petrol station raised there petrol prices really high so the rest of the businesses followed.It was costing $2 a litre which is just insane so people started going crazy but no riots or anything thats incredibly rare in australia.I think we are just really placid although our population is pretty small which can be taken into account.But we got our way and it went under a dollar a litre so we got pretty lucky its around $1.30 a litre now.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Hoady;59245 said:
Don't you have a drivers license then?Man i wish i had a car it would be so handy but i haven't even gone to the licensing center yet lol, i could have my license but i've left it over a year now.
I wish I did have a driving licence but I am a shocking driver - pure and simple. I have taken over 70 lessons and I still cannot drive. I love driving, but stick me next to a guy with a clipboard making notes on everything I do and all my training goes out of the window and I do dumb stuff like hit things and forget the importance of the clutch when changing gear.

It's stupid trying to learn to drive these days anyway - the lessons are appallingly expensive, the tests are much more complicated and long-winded and the cost of doing the tests is extortionate. I used to drive around illegally (yes, I used to be a very naughty girl and no, people should not copy me) in an old Honda which was an automatic and I had no trouble at all. Make me try to drive legally and I'm all thumbs.

If we have any more kids, I think one of us is going to need to learn to drive just to make transport easier but at the moment, two kids is not too bad to try and get around - you can at least leave one behind with the other parent.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Here is a big rip off right here.

The Box -
The%20Box%20movie%20poster%20final%20-%20Richard%20Kelly.jpg
When I talk about dumb people I usally talk tell what they did was so dumb. Well the creators of this movie most be really dumb. If you haven't watched the commercials then you just don't understand. This movie is a complete rip off from the SAW movies. Only watching the commercial I can instantly tell that it was a rip off. #1 One of the men looks like Jigsaw and he sounds just like him. #2 During the commerical someone says that we press a button someone dies, doesn't that sounds awfully just like in some of the SAW movies especially the 6th one were the guy pulls on something and someone dies. #3 We do it correct and we get $1,000,000 dollars, again doesn't that sound like what it is in the SAW movies, do it correct and you will live. #4 Lastly I can not explain how this is a rip off due to that every SAW movie has this. In the last few seconds of the commerical you can hear the SAW theme, you know that music near the end of the SAW movies like in SAW 2 where Xavior is in the room with Amanda, or in SAW 3 when the main character kills Jigsaw and listens to the taps, or how about the end of SAW 4 when the cop kills the guy with the thing on his back and the cop listens to the tape. Well apperntly they made that the theme of their movie The Box.

GMAB, we are not stupid. Some of us watched the SAW films and we can tell any thing that is a rip off of the SAW fimls. Sure I am going to watch it some time in my life, but after I watch the movie I am going to review it. This movie is going to make Uwe Boll's movies look like master pieces.

ConvictedMP5

i paid $20.00 for a sealed copy of RE code veronica for PS2 from gamestop and when i opened it there wasent a disk nor the manual i almost was about to throw a s*** fit. when i went back there and showed them that i got an empty case they said that i could have stolen whats inside and i dident give my money back.:mad:

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
Godzilla90s;60663 said:
i paid $20.00 for a sealed copy of RE code veronica for PS2 from gamestop and when i opened it there wasent a disk nor the manual i almost was about to throw a s*** fit. when i went back there and showed them that i got an empty case they said that i could have stolen whats inside and i dident give my money back.:mad:

WTF, that sucks

i would also add

Xbox live, i HATE having to pay for Online Gameplay

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Jason-Voorhees;60693 said:
WTF, that sucks

i would also add

Xbox live, i HATE having to pay for Online Gameplay

yeah buts its a pretty damn good experience, online game play rapes.
and its only about £40 quid, much less if you shop around.
and thats good for a year so its not that bad when you think about it.

Top Bottom