• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The awesome things you can find out about a person...

SpectreSix

Jill's Valentine
So, I met this girl, few weeks back. She asked me out, I said yes. She's from England, I'm from America, so it's long distance, but I think we're okay :) We got to talking, and I found out the most awesomest thing ever about her, other than the fact she's perfect.

She's absolutely crazy about Resident Evil. I was flabbergasted. I haven't met many people who liked Resident Evil, and here this darling was, afraid I wouldn't like it. At the time, I was playing Revelations on Hell difficulty and I died when that darned Skagdead cut me in half because I got distracted. I'm glad I did too, because I wouldn't have been with her if I didn't :) I'm hoping to play Raid Mode with her once her 3DS gets fixed. But that'll be hard to coordinate since we're on different time zones and such. She's got a fever right now though, so I'm hoping she gets better. Anyways, I just wanted to say: If you find someone who's really nice and friendly, communicate with them. Share your common interests, but most of all, TALK to a person. They may not end up being your significant other, but chances are, they can be an invaluable friend ^^

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Interesting... I would have only 2 things to say about this based on personal experience.

1. I completely agree that you should talk to people because most people are not what they seem (not always in a bad way, don't take me wrong). I was the 'weird' one in school that nobody wanted to talk to and yet whenever I meet someone new they always say the same thing to me- I thought you were weird so I didn't want to talk to you but you're actually a pretty awesome person. Go figure.

2. I've been in my share of long distance relationships (3 to be exact), with my current being the hardest. I'm currently married to a full time college student who goes to school 8 hours away from me, so I only see him every few months or so far a few days at a time. It is easily the worst experience I've ever had with a long distance relationship (not in that he's a bad person, in fact quite the contrary- he makes me happier than I've ever been in my life, which is why the distance kills me), but what gets me through is knowing I will see him again and this arrangement is only temporary. I've waited a year for him and will wait another 2 months before he is home for good.

I have a good friend that I've known since I was about 14 (I'm going on 25 now) who was also, for the last good length of time (years) in a long distance relationship. She too lives in the US and she was with a guy from England. He was perfect for her, in her opinion, and for a while it worked. However, they came to the realization that they would likely not ever meet in real life so it was best to mutually end the relationship. They are still friends.

Long distance is always hard, for many different reasons. Make sure you know what you want and whether or not it is going anywhere otherwise it will cause strain for both of you. But, if you see a possible future, then by all means go for it. After all, I'm happy with my husband. Then again, like I said, our long distance will not be long distance for much longer.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Actually, the first time I met my best friend, I found out he was actually living another life as a man named Clark Kent. This guy can do almost anything imaginable and still longs for a quiet life as a nobody. Sometimes, I just don't understand him.

Top Bottom