• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 TANK IT UP!!

Old Tank Controls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I'm wondering how many people would play RE6 with fixed angles and the ol' tank control system. I would totally do it for nostalgia. But i'd also do it because it would be challenging to master. What about you, your thought?

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I think that would be cool but I'd doubt they'd do it because of the whole moving while shooting thing now :(
Yea i know what you mean, but even the older games have 'arrange mode', maybe they could have an 'unlockable' Old school version.... i think that would be the ultimate. I probably wouldnt hate Capcom as much

Jakeykins18

Useless
Yea i know what you mean, but even the older games have 'arrange mode', maybe they could have an 'unlockable' Old school version.... i think that would be the ultimate. I probably wouldnt hate Capcom as much
We can only pray Crapcom would do such a thing, but then again, knowing them, they don't like to treat their loyal/faithful customers they way they should treated :s

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
Hell yes. The fixed camera angles added to the fear of the original games(in my opinion). Once the camera angle changed god knows what could be infront of you. The controls also added to the challenge.

Hoady

I doubt it will move back to that direction, games are faster paced now, it needs to choose purely tank or fast. Its trying to preserve old mechanics while introducing conflicting new ones. Not to mention the attention span of the casual market is that of a turd(unless you are the kind of person when someone tells you 'DON'T GO IN THE TOILET', but you go in to smell it anyway), which is apparently where the major money comes from.

I still wish they would think of Resident Evil 4 Beta style.Camera was free sometimes, fixed sometimes but it also moved with you. It can't be that difficult to add a fixed camera system as optional right?Because even if it wasn't an A grade job, it seems most the fans would like that opportunity. Look if you can make trophies and figurines sections then i'm sure you can do a fixed camera thing.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I doubt it will move back to that direction, games are faster paced now, it needs to choose purely tank or fast. Its trying to preserve old mechanics while introducing conflicting new ones. Not to mention the attention span of the casual market is that of a turd(unless you are the kind of person when someone tells you 'DON'T GO IN THE TOILET', but you go in to smell it anyway), which is apparently where the major money comes from.

I still wish they would think of Resident Evil 4 Beta style.Camera was free sometimes, fixed sometimes but it also moved with you. It can't be that difficult to add a fixed camera system as optional right?Because even if it wasn't an A grade job, it seems most the fans would like that opportunity. Look if you can make trophies and figurines sections then i'm sure you can do a fixed camera thing.
I think having both options would set alot of old classic gamers at ease. It may be totally against the new RE philosophy but i would buy the game based solely on the fact that it had fixed camera angles. And if it had the old tank controls as a different mode. It would kinda be a redemption game for me. It would give me hope that all is not lost at Capcom and i would actually look forward to future games.

Top Bottom