• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Striker or Riot Gun?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1428

Ok so yesterday I was playing RE4 on my Wii when I finally met up with the merchant. I was selling him some stuff when I felt like buying the Striker. So I did but now it's taking up to much space in my inventory. Both of them are fully upgraded so I need your help finding out which one is the best one. So yeah, Striker or Riot Gun?

Nosophoros

Striker has a good max capacity, but sucks for long or even med. distance shots. While the riot gun is good for both close and long ranged combat.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I guess you have made you choice this time, but anyway:
EI is right, but how often do you need a long range shotgun? A shotgun isn't meant as a long range weapon. And the Riot Gun takes up much less space which is very valuable.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
ftw = Striker! clip size! boom! chack! boom! chack! boom...
...an so on till no body is standing lol >: D

But the riot gun is good for those quick draw an shoot shots, I think

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Romero;55442 said:
And the Riot Gun takes up much less space which is very valuable.
Isn't it the other way around? I've always found the Riot Gun to take up more room than the Striker, but I've never counted so I don't really know. :lol:

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Definitly the Striker due to the 100 max ammo, a good amount of power, takes up less space, no pumping after each shot, and a fast reload.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;55542 said:
Isn't it the other way around? I've always found the Riot Gun to take up more room than the Striker, but I've never counted so I don't really know. :lol:
Ohmy. :blush: I feel busted. :lol:

Of course I meant to say the Striker. Thank you for pointing it out loud instead of quietly editing my post. :p

Kagara

I would go for the Riot Gun, personally, but I suppose it depends on the user's taste.

When I first seen the Striker, I thought it was a grenade launcher :blink:.

Neo

Striker has the most amount of Pros to be honest.

- More Firepower, 12.0 vs Riot Gun's 10.0.
- Wide Shot for crowds.
- Weapon itself takes up less space in the attache case, 10 boxes vs Riot gun's 16 boxes.
- Stiker's 100 Round capability means you do not have to carry Shotgun ammo with you all the time, unlike the Riot Gun where you will need 6 boxes to have the same amount of rounds.
- Does not need to be pumped between shots, so you are not temporarily immobilized unlike the Riot Gun.
- Striker takes less money to fully upgrade. 392,000 pesetas vs Riot Gun's 415,000 pesetas cost.
- Striker fires somewhat faster than the Riot Gun for what it's worth. 1.10 seconds vs Riot Gun's 1.53 seconds.

All the Riot gun has going for it is the fact it does more damage to more distant enemies, but come on, there are better weapons for long range and mid range combat, TMP and Rifle for example, and grenades when in doubt.

EDIT: And on a different note, the Riot gun isn't even that much better than the standard Shotgun anyway....

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Neo;55960 said:
Striker has the most amount of Pros to be honest.

- More Firepower, 12.0 vs Riot Gun's 10.0.
- Wide Shot for crowds.
- Weapon itself takes up less space in the attache case, 10 boxes vs Riot gun's 16 boxes.
- Stiker's 100 Round capability means you do not have to carry Shotgun ammo with you all the time, unlike the Riot Gun where you will need 6 boxes to have the same amount of rounds.
- Does not need to be pumped between shots, so you are not temporarily immobilized unlike the Riot Gun.
- Striker takes less money to fully upgrade. 392,000 pesetas vs Riot Gun's 415,000 pesetas cost.
- Striker fires somewhat faster than the Riot Gun for what it's worth. 1.10 seconds vs Riot Gun's 1.53 seconds.

All the Riot gun has going for it is the fact it does more damage to more distant enemies, but come on, there are better weapons for long range and mid range combat, TMP and Rifle for example, and grenades when in doubt.

EDIT: And on a different note, the Riot gun isn't even that much better than the standard Shotgun anyway....
Excellent post, Neo! :)

The special upgrade for the standard Shotgun makes it equally effective for close and long range shooting, that is if you can hit the target.

The Riot Gun has better handling (faster aiming) than the standard Shotgun, but I'd maybe prefer the Shotgun out of these two.

I'm unsure of the Striker's handling, but its specifications makes the Striker a clear favorite anyway.

Hollow-Words

echoey;55529 said:
ftw = Striker! clip size! boom! chack! boom! chack! boom...
...an so on till no body is standing lol >: D

But the riot gun is good for those quick draw an shoot shots, I think

that sounds like a Patapon beat =p~~~
and I'd actually rather take the what I'd call "country" shotgun or the "classic" cause well it's good in terms of spread~~~

But if I have to choose between it I'd rather take the riot gun, it's not that I don't agree with Romero, it's just that the riot gun can take several enemies from long range and sometimes when you're surrounded even the low recoil and fast automatic shotgun won't even save you =p~~~

But if you want to conserve more room and not carry so much shot gun ammo, feel free to take the striker =]~~~

Hollow-Words

but if you're going through the game for the first time and you need to conserve "PTS" then I'd go for the classic one but if you've gone through the game a few times go wild =p and get the striker just for the fun of shooting things continuously~~~

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The Shotgun and the Riot Gun are too similar. I would like to see sawn off shotguns like the ones in GTA San Andreas. Those kicks ass. Leon would dual wield them.

Hoady

The riot.It looks way cooler and i don't like having a 100 shotgun bullets in a clip its just far to easy you shred through everything.I know thats when its fully upgraded but the riot is just a badass looking shogun.

Top Bottom