• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 *SPOILERS* The Piers thread

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
As I take it, after Simmons's death, Ada herself is the only one who knows that she's been cloned. And since Chris and Piers never seem to figure it out, you're probably right about Piers.
But most of the fanfics I know (including the ones I write myself) have Piers survive somehow, so he might still meet the real Ada or whoever he is shipped with afterwards. That still doesn't explain CarlaXPiers, though... While I do see reasons to ship him with any of the other potential lovers I listed, I don't see any for Carla.

By the way, what does "slash" mean? I come across this word several times a day when I'm looking for stories on Fanfiction.net. Is it another word for shipping?

(Edit: It took me at least five tries to post this. What's wrong with the forums?)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Slash fiction is shipping together two women or men who, most of the time, don't have an actual romantic/sexual relationship in canon.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So the term is used for fanfics about same-sex couples only? That's odd. Most fanfics I know feature couples that aren't really couples in the original stories they appear in, even the straight ones. But then again, I don't read much straight stuff.

You can't get into Slash, I can't (and don't want to) get out. :D I'm so glad I found Fanfiction.net, it's my new paradise!

Cristina

Hi! I'm from Brazil! My 7 years old child cried about Piers, and that's why I'm here. I really wish he's alive!

Sean_Pierce

Sorry to bump this thread guys. Long story short, I finally picked up Resident Evil 6 a month ago for Christmas (I never buy games at full price no more so it was worth $13.49 - was hoping for a "Gold Edition" to happen though. Still gotta get the DLCs unfortunately).

Hi! I'm from Brazil! My 7 years old child cried about Piers, and that's why I'm here. I really wish he's alive!
I don't blame your son for crying. I'm in my early 20's and I cried like a baby. Yes guys, I whaled. I'm probably getting weird looks and being made fun of at this point but it's the truth (though I promise you I'm ok. Still talking to and taking care of those around me). I grieved very hard for Piers' death to the point I cried into my pillow that night. Heck it's been three days since everyone's asking me why the long face (for real). I've never cared for a fictional character this much in my life. I played Mercenaries in attempt to unlock Piers in Steel Beast (HARD map) with the music turned off 'cause I didn't feel like hearing the electric multiplayer music. Then I realized I didn't feel like playing the game at all any more.

So in a way, I'm venting here and desperate for that remote chance of him surviving mentioned on the first page of this thread. And of course, there's that online Change.org petition I found asking Capcom to revive the character. It's 200 sigs but I'll sign it anyway to show my desperation. I'm really mad that Capcom backfired from their original idea on killing off Chris. It would have been upsetting but a more moving and accepting death, retiring a character we've grown up with after all the Resident Evil's. Piers was the perfect character to move the franchise forward, taking over Chris' place as the new "Redfield" . They can ship Claire with him on the next RE for all I care (and I hate shippers).

I'm just naturally the "brothers in arms" / "stand by me" kind of guy so in a way, I've deeply related with Chris and Piers' relationship. Even after Piers lost his arm, he injected himself with the C-Virus and remained loyal to his captain onwards. That crushed me to pieces. What kills me the most is the pain in his voice when telling Chris "Captain, I'll clear a path for you" (along those lines). The post-credits scene didn't do much for me. I'm reading the Biohazard Marhawa Desire manga just to enjoy the moments when Piers was alive (though I really hate the fobbed up translation - I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they officially translate it for North America).

Anyway my bad I'm venting way too much. Though I don't see how Piers can survive that deep underwater explosion, I'm willing for Capcom to come up with something creative to keep him alive, hopefully as a protagonist.

Last edited:

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I´m pretty sure he´s dead ( just like Steve in CV ). It´s a shame though... he was quite nice...
And that comment Jake made about him,always makes me giggle : "you put a leash on that puppy..." yeah...he´s cute.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
He wouldn't even be the first one.
Wesker died and came back. Ada died and came back. Jill died and came back. Steve died, but Wesker made allusions about bringing him back, and for now Piers seems to be on the same list as Steve.
I just finished a fanfic retelling the events of RE6 from Piers's point of view and in my story it's Ada of all people who saves him. If our Capcom friends ever decided to bring him back, wouldn't it be great if they had the same idea? Imagine that wonderful twist: The person Chris believes to be Ada kills his whole team twice, and then the real Ada ends up saving one of his men. If that was the case, I wouldn't even care if there was a logical explanation or not. :D
Amen to that sister...

black 93

out of all the new characters, piers was easily the best one and most interesting. I think thats why they killed him, cuz it wouldnt have been such a shock if helena died because 1. she aint that likeable and 2. out of all them piers could easily have become a future character to replace chris or leon or whoever. So i think they killed him partly for shock factor, cuz capcom have never killed a hero before. But now we're left with jake or helena... great

Orion Callisto

I want my jacket back.
I like Jake a lot, though. lol But anyway, I am ****ed that they killed off the hottest, most likable main they've had since Leon debuted in Resi 2. (Which was forever ago, lol) Plus his relationship with Chris is just so sweet. You have to love him. And my boyfriend played as him when we played through the game, so he's mad that the only guy that starts with a badass sniper rifle has to die. lol

EDIT: Oh, forgot Billy Coen from Zero. He is also incredibly hot, xD so, since Billy, then. lol Also, off topic, I am so mad that Capcom ignores his and Rebecca's existence. >__<

Last edited:
Top Bottom