• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 SPOILERS PLENTY: Thoughts on the story progression?

willowsby

speaking about Ada, Capcom said there will be patch or DLC for co-op partner for her campaign.

I wonder who will become her partner. And whether it will affect her cutscene, story or not

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Man, I hope the co-op for her campaign is optional. I know it must suck to play th whole thing with a friend only to unlock a solo campaign, but I feel like at this point it'll compromise the story by adding this. I am interested to see how it will play out though, as long as its not forced and its DLC, it doesn't affect me.

ResidentE

So i thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to people who have completed all 4 campaigns and want to talk about how the story has grown with the latest instalment.

My opinion:

I love how Ada uses the line 'It's like a Raccoon City reuinion', it exactly is. Despite Clair and Jill, it's nice to see Leon, Chris and Ada in a game together. Weskers son being in the mix but not knowing about his Dad was nice, and i like how they took the route of him deciding to be good.

My favourite part about the story additions is this: I LOVE how Simmons is the guy who called the misile strike that levelled Raccoon City, i find myself hating him more knowing how much i panicked to get out of the city before it was blown up in RE2/3, and it ties him into the story nicely. The stuff with seeing Leon having to kill the president, knowing how much sh*t Leon went through to rescue his daughter in RE4 made it really satisfying to watch him die, and seeing the Umbrella logo fill up with his blood was nothing short of epic. Neo-Umbrella have me intrigued aswell.

All in all i LOVE the story more now than ever, these new additions are fantastic and suit the story well. It's gone from Wesker, Umbrella and Zombies, to Tricell, Wesker and Ganados and Las Plaga, to Neo-Umbrella and the C-virus, taking things full scale.

10/10.

Amazing. After reading 100 times people saying how bad this game is, I finally have found someone I can agree with. I loved the game. The story also was really cool. I myself was wondering what ada's part was in all this for the entire three campaigns. Especially after playing Chris' I had no idea what side she was on. When I started her campaign, I finally realised that she was most likely cloned.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Amazing. After reading 100 times people saying how bad this game is, I finally have found someone I can agree with. I loved the game. The story also was really cool. I myself was wondering what ada's part was in all this for the entire three campaigns. Especially after playing Chris' I had no idea what side she was on. When I started her campaign, I finally realised that she was most likely cloned.

Yeah it is nice to have someone else who see's how epic it is amidst all this complete crap people are spouting about the game!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Overall I did enjoy the game, but I thought that some of the plot was lacking. To me, it felt like Capcom went for quantity, by cramming all the characters in and different campaigns, instead of quality. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the characters, but it felt to me like each story was a very simple plot which was just dragged out over the chapters, particularly in Leon's. It was like, Helena wants to find her sister but is too late to save her, so she wants revenge. Dragged out over five chapters.

I also think that the games have become very linear, in that you move through each part and then never re-visit it. In old RE games, it wasn't like that, particularly in RE4. For example, in RE4 the village was revisited once Leon had Ashley, but then you have to explore previously un-reachable places and new routes, different ways of getting around the same place. There were several instances like this in the castle too, where you went back to rooms that, at first, were deserted but then have enemies in them when you backtrack. You had the freedom to go back, and sometimes there were rewards for doing so, like when you need to piggyback Ashley to reach the Magnum. Instead, it's like once you leave an area now, you can never re-visit it. In a way I think this kind of ruins the complexity of the game, because now you just know that you have to move forward, instead of thinking how previous routes can be used again, or using new routes from the same area.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
speaking about Ada, Capcom said there will be patch or DLC for co-op partner for her campaign.

I wonder who will become her partner. And whether it will affect her cutscene, story or not

so far, it has been said that her partner will be an un-named character, equivilant to an expendable (partner). which means no high profile character being her partner

Top Bottom