• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 SPOILERS PLENTY: Thoughts on the story progression?

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
So i thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to people who have completed all 4 campaigns and want to talk about how the story has grown with the latest instalment.

My opinion:

I love how Ada uses the line 'It's like a Raccoon City reuinion', it exactly is. Despite Clair and Jill, it's nice to see Leon, Chris and Ada in a game together. Weskers son being in the mix but not knowing about his Dad was nice, and i like how they took the route of him deciding to be good.

My favourite part about the story additions is this: I LOVE how Simmons is the guy who called the misile strike that levelled Raccoon City, i find myself hating him more knowing how much i panicked to get out of the city before it was blown up in RE2/3, and it ties him into the story nicely. The stuff with seeing Leon having to kill the president, knowing how much sh*t Leon went through to rescue his daughter in RE4 made it really satisfying to watch him die, and seeing the Umbrella logo fill up with his blood was nothing short of epic. Neo-Umbrella have me intrigued aswell.

All in all i LOVE the story more now than ever, these new additions are fantastic and suit the story well. It's gone from Wesker, Umbrella and Zombies, to Tricell, Wesker and Ganados and Las Plaga, to Neo-Umbrella and the C-virus, taking things full scale.

10/10.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i've finished all the campains, plus the bonus Ada campain. and my overall impression about them is i like them all, but to be specific i much liked Leon's campain (being Helena, though-out Leon's campain) even more and taking Second place would be Ada's. Also with unlocking Ada after finishing her campain, i would like to say the following:

regarding Mercenaries, as much as i really like Ada Wong, Helena; seems that she (Helena, defult) is one i can do my best and have fun at the same time, but Ada i have to really focus and "really" play and have that "things just got real and serious" mentality since Ada is a Lone wolf and her weapons load out isn't suited for a all out assult but more so of a "in the shadows" thing (or something like that) so i find myself choosing Helena (defult) even more and Ada in a medium dosage *heh* (use/choosing) *cause, of the reasoning i have stated, in this message/response. i haven't unlocked her "other" out-fit..yet (Ada's other outfit). and i just realized that after playing with someone online, that Carla (the Ada clone) is unlockable, but i am not interested in her or unlocking her, cause and i will quote Ada Wong "you're just a cheap-knock off" (something like this, i don't recall her exact quoting) (during Ada's campain).

willowsby

in my opinion, the story is pretty weak, but the dialogue is great.

Looks like Capcom try to prolong the series but somehow the execution failed.

Those Carla or Ada's clone is unnecessary & make the story become non sense (IMO)

Why not try to focus about US Government darkside. Also NEO UMBRELLA's name is sound Capcom is so lazy.

Reactions: Hel

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i've finished all the campains, plus the bonus Ada campain. and my overall impression about them is i like them all, but to be specific i much liked Leon's campain (being Helena, though-out Leon's campain) even more and taking Second place would be Ada's. Also with unlocking Ada after finishing her campain, i would like to say the following:

regarding Mercenaries, as much as i really like Ada Wong, Helena; seems that she (Helena, defult) is one i can do my best and have fun at the same time, but Ada i have to really focus and "really" play and have that "things just got real and serious" mentality since Ada is a Lone wolf and her weapons load out isn't suited for a all out assult but more so of a "in the shadows" thing (or something like that) so i find myself choosing Helena (defult) even more and Ada in a medium dosage *heh* (use/choosing) *cause, of the reasoning i have stated, in this message/response. i haven't unlocked her "other" out-fit..yet (Ada's other outfit). and i just realized that after playing with someone online, that Carla (the Ada clone) is unlockable, but i am not interested in her or unlocking her, cause and i will quote Ada Wong "you're just a cheap-knock off" (something like this, i don't recall her exact quoting) (during Ada's campain).
Yes Ada is very difficult to use in Mercenaries. her normal arrows only work if you headshot them , or melees from behind i think the explosive arrows are really cool but you have to conserve them ! Have you tried Sherry much- she has very nice weapons

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Yes Ada is very difficult to use in Mercenaries. her normal arrows only work if you headshot them , or melees from behind i think the explosive arrows are really cool but you have to conserve them ! Have you tried Sherry much- she has very nice weapons

Yesss, indeed.... you'd have to make sure every shot counts (her bow-gun), cause after every shot she re-chambers (re-loads) it and her ammo-box (a uzi, in the game it is called an ammo box), is half a clip on the magazine.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent

well only on campain, and her standard hand-canon (pistol) is intresting you can make it a three-shooter (semi-auto-fire) or a normal shooter (one-bullet per shot/fire)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I Like her electric stun rod and she is good in costume to, she has Shotgun, Machinegun/grenade launcher and always carries 2 red herbs

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Although I really enjoyed the game, I don't think the story was that great. I was expecting a huge revelation in Jake's campaign about who his mother is or how Wesker had a child, but there was no explanation. I think it would have been more important to the story if he turned out to be Steve. I think Leon's campaign had an OK story but it wasn't about Leon, it was about a character I don't really care about and who we will probably never see again. Ada's was the best for story although that's not saying much.

There were no plot points in this game that you couldn't work out from the trailers.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Although I really enjoyed the game, I don't think the story was that great. I was expecting a huge revelation in Jake's campaign about who his mother is or how Wesker had a child, but there was no explanation. I think it would have been more important to the story if he turned out to be Steve. I think Leon's campaign had an OK story but it wasn't about Leon, it was about a character I don't really care about and who we will probably never see again. Ada's was the best for story although that's not saying much.

There were no plot points in this game that you couldn't work out from the trailers.

Ah see i avoided all trailers completely to keep everything a surprise, maybe that's why i like it so much.

willowsby

yep, avoid all trailer will help you enjoy the games.

About Jake's mother I read in files, she is came from Edonia, then go to US, meet Wesker have one night stand then get pregnant without telling Wesker & return to Edonia & raised Jake alone as single parent.

Even she left Jake a letter like this :

I love you, Jake. I'm so sorry to have to leave you like this. Please forgive me. And please, don't hate your father. I'm sure he loves you and is thinking about you, and I know you two will find each other someday.
Stay strong.

Wow, I just realize, Albert Wesker also have human side by having sex with Jake's mothers, I mean in RE5 he even didn't show any interest with Excella, although Excella is so hot.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
As far as story progression goes, the only progress they're making personally is with Sherry;especially having her explain her powers, the fact she was tested on, and the files on her are great and informative.

Chris and Leon have changed, Chris so much to the extent he appears to be a completely different person. I'm not even sure if they ended his story of not, because in his epilogue he's going out on another mission. You'd think with that speech in the elevator he would've retired, even if Piers died. I was hoping for an epilogue with him interviewing the next person to succeed him and seeing a bit of Piers in that person, then hiring them. Then possibly asking Jill out for some coffee to catch up ;)

As far as Jake... so many plotholes for such a cool character. As said above they should've had flashbacks with his mother, at least show who the woman was. (I know she was in the files, but it would've added more to the story, especially if he's seen as a little kid with Wesker leaving him, little Jake tugging on daddy Wesker's leg to not go, and then go back to the hardened and bitter man Jake is now.)

Helena really really grew on me, and I'd be terribly sad if she wasn't seen or heard from again in the games, but knowing my taste in characters *cough* Rebecca *cough* she probably won't be.

Piers was also another character well developed... too bad they killed him off.

Anyway, long story short the oldschool characters didn't really evolve into anything I wanted them to be, and the one character who was supposed to be the most relevant didn't live up to my expectations. Jake should've been older too, in my opinion 20 is just too young for the way he acted and looked.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I agree with some people here that the story was not that great at all.

After seeing all those trailers, all those allusions, interesting approaches and familiar as well as new faces, I was expecting more. I thought: If four campaigns are needed to provide the full point of view, the story must be really complex... but after all, it isn't. Actually, everything you have to do in each campaign can be summed up in one sentence.

Leon: Prove that Simmons is guilty and Helena is not without ruining Leon's hairstyle.
Chris: Lose your men, lose your men again, then lose Piers too to get Chris back to where he was at the beginning.
Jake: Run from the Ustanak while feeding the JakeXSherry shippers some nice ambiguous cutscenes.
Ada: Repeat everything you've been doing up until now, but without a partner this time.

I'm especially disappointed by Jake's story, the one I was looking forward to the most. The relationship between his mother and Wesker is not even mentioned, only in one or two of the unlockable files, and I would have wished for more interaction between him and Chris. (His catfights with Piers are nice, though.)

But all in all, the story is still acceptable for a RE game, it's not like we've ever seen anything better. (Except for Code Veronica, I really like its story, although I don't like the game itself.)

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
As far as story progression goes, the only progress they're making personally is with Sherry;especially having her explain her powers, the fact she was tested on, and the files on her are great and informative.

Chris and Leon have changed, Chris so much to the extent he appears to be a completely different person. I'm not even sure if they ended his story of not, because in his epilogue he's going out on another mission. You'd think with that speech in the elevator he would've retired, even if Piers died. I was hoping for an epilogue with him interviewing the next person to succeed him and seeing a bit of Piers in that person, then hiring them. Then possibly asking Jill out for some coffee to catch up ;)

As far as Jake... so many plotholes for such a cool character. As said above they should've had flashbacks with his mother, at least show who the woman was. (I know she was in the files, but it would've added more to the story, especially if he's seen as a little kid with Wesker leaving him, little Jake tugging on daddy Wesker's leg to not go, and then go back to the hardened and bitter man Jake is now.)

Helena really really grew on me, and I'd be terribly sad if she wasn't seen or heard from again in the games, but knowing my taste in characters *cough* Rebecca *cough* she probably won't be.

Piers was also another character well developed... too bad they killed him off.

Anyway, long story short the oldschool characters didn't really evolve into anything I wanted them to be, and the one character who was supposed to be the most relevant didn't live up to my expectations. Jake should've been older too, in my opinion 20 is just too young for the way he acted and looked.
i think piers could be brought back like they did with wesker and after watching damnation it is now possible to have good bows and not all of them bad
maybe upcoming dlc will explain more on the subject

zeroskaterz92

people judging too much on Wesker just because of what he's done in RE5, lame excuse. just because he's evil at some point doesn't mean he's evil for the rest of his life, there's always something that change him completely, it's the same thing occur to the other villain in other games/movies like Sephiroth in FFVII or Vergil in DMC.
Albert had parents, that means he had that human side of him, it's not like he was born on hell or something.

i don't really mind about Jake story, so yes, it's not saying much about his parents, but it will spoil overall of Jake's character development if they reveal everything about Jake's life in one game. it's supposed to be step by step, that's why it's called character development. wouldn't it ruin if we know everything about Albert Wesker if Capcom revealed everything about him in the first RE game? there wouldn't be curiosity about his plan then.

the game was great and the plot was rather satisfied. some part was cheesy but that's RE, every RE plot were cheesy but it's interesting to keep on going. it wasn't mean to be in-depth like Silent Hill, the game stand on its own.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Not that the story was bad, but I did feel it was a bit underwhelming. I was at least expecting a little bit of info on Ada and her motives, just to find out it was the same old song and dance we've seen and heard before, just for at least this game she was more or less the a "good guy." Could've used a bit more info on Jake, not a whole lot but as others said a little more elaboration on his mother and Albert. Leon and Chris were about the same as usual, for better or worse. I surprisingly liked Helena a lot, and didn't really care for Piers, sorry. Over all an enjoyable experience though.

willowsby

actually, these is I thought of each campaign's story :

- Leon : it's not about him, it's about main story (Simmons) & even it's more about Helena as character, even the ending it's more about Helena

- Chris : actually I like how they developed Chris's character. Beside all his greatness & legendary name as high rank soldier, we saw him tragedy affect him so much & early in game, I like how they showed him become douchebag, make him more real as character not just Capcom's product. So yes, the campaign it's about Chris.

- Jake & Sherry : their campaign are just like introduction of new cast for future RE & give Wesker vibe.

- Ada : The only emotion of her in the ending, and yeah, I'm Ada's fans but kind of disappointed how Capcom write her story & in fact she didn't really involve anything this time. In the end, it's just left us more question about her, because I remember she talked about erase her identity or something like that.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ada : The only emotion of her in the ending, and yeah, I'm Ada's fans but kind of disappointed how Capcom write her story & in fact she didn't really involve anything this time. In the end, it's just left us more question about her, because I remember she talked about erase her identity or something like that.

I feel exactly the same! Unlike Leon and Chris, Ada hasn't changed at all since the first time we saw her, or at least I haven't noticed any character development. In her case, however, that's not a bad thing because she has always been inapproachable, that's what keeps her interesting even if she doesn't change. But the question is how long that strategy will still work, and I thought, now that she has her own campaign, we should at least be given some insight into her true personality, her motives, her goals. I was excited when Leon found that VHS tape called "Ada's birthday" because I expected something like that, but then I was somewhat disappointed when it only showed the "birth" of Ada's clone.

All in all, Ada's campaign looks fun, but it doesn't live up to what Capcom had promised. It was supposed to answer questions that arise while playing the other three campaigns, but some of the most interesting topics (to me, at least) aren't even touched on, and eventually it raises some questions by itself, for example: Who was she talking to on the phone at the end? That's probably the most attractive one.

ArabianLuffy

Legend
Premium
I love the gaming system in RE6. As for the story, it's alright, not that bad nor good. I was expecting the plot to be much better.

I enjoy playing Ada a lot more. God I'm falling in love with Ada. The way she looks. It was funny when she said "So cute." referring to Leon, and I lold at the conversation...

Leon: Ada, what the hell is going on?
Ada: It's complicated.

I was like "Wow, seriously? It's complicated? How much it's complicated".

However, Jake apparently appears at somewhere in Middle-East (maybe). It could imply that Jake might become the main character of RE7... just maybe.

Top Bottom