• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 *Spoilers* Capcom Interview on RE6 Endings

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Every long time fan wants the franchise to be handed back to Shinji Mikami, but that's not gonna happen cause of 2 reasons:
1: Capcom is run by a president named "Money"
2: Shinji Mikami himself is disgusted with what Resident Evil has become and has no interest in returning to the IP.

I haven't listened to the interview yet because I'm at work, but judging from some reactions here, Capcom really did not know what the hell they were doing lol.

I think Shinji would be interested if a reboot was in the question as opposed to continuing a story he feels Capcom ruined.

And Capcom would be willing to do it if they thought his involvement would bring big bucks (which it would IMO).

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I think Shinji would be interested if a reboot was in the question as opposed to continuing a story he feels Capcom ruined.

And Capcom would be willing to do it if they thought his involvement would bring big bucks (which it would IMO).
I don't know, cause Capcom screwed Mikami when he wanted to keep RE a Nintendo exclusive. Why would he agree to do a reboot when it's likely Capcom would just screw him again? Shinji already has his own brand new Survival Horror IP he's working on and it's doubtful that he'll ever return to Resident Evil.

willowsby

I agree with you all, I don't know whether they are too much watching stupid hollywood movie or they've been drunk, but I wish there are no clone story again for future RE, I knew clone have been part of RE universe, but just for B.O.W. I don't want main characters are cloned

Although in the end they still make sense (not bring Wesker back from dead, not multiple Ada clone, Chris still alive, although I don't mind with Chris being died) but it still ****ed me off they have vision about that.

Forget about Mikami, he won't go back to Capcom, why would he go back after what Capcom did to him?

Sorry if I rant on this post

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
This has made me wonder how RE6 turned out to be such a good game.

Ada clones = HORRIBLE idea, so glad they didn't do it or id've been ****ed.

And about Chris dying, it wouldn't have been a cheap shot. It could've been exactly the same, but switch Chris with Piers. Chris gets hurt fighting the last boss, he's getting older now and losing his edge a bit, after saying to Piers how he wants him to take his place, he sacrifices himself to keep Piers alive, injects himself with the C virus, Piers carries the hero to the escape pod, and Chris makes the last move and pushes Piers into the pod. The last we ever see of Chris is half infected, dying and using his last effort to save Piers.

I would've been in tears for days if that happened! Piers should've lived. How better get a new character for future games than someone who was saved by the legend from the very 1st Resident Evil in his dying moments.

willowsby

the interview also realized me, they don't have any idea about what should they do with the characters of franchise.

Looks like they made up the story base on their imagination about cool cutscene rather than story plot itself or the character arc.

For next, Capcom should spend some budget to hire competent writer.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
the interview also realized me, they don't have any idea about what should they do with the characters of franchise.

Looks like they made up the story base on their imagination about cool cutscene rather than story plot itself or the character arc.

For next, Capcom should spend some budget to hire competent writer.
Indeed seems they cut the budget on the story writing department lolz
They did say in the interview they had to figure out how to keep such a big project under the budget and theres the answer.

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
Just saying, I'd work for free if it meant bringing Resident Evil a better story and things that fans actually would prefer, but yeah. Unlikely ;)

Top Bottom