• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 *Spoilers* Capcom Interview on RE6 Endings

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
Capcom released an interview, where developers talk about the RE6 endings. Parts of it really made me angry, as if they don't really care about their characters...but oh well. What are your opinions?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
"I wanted to make at least 4 or 5 different Ada's, and have them all fight. RE2 Ada, RE4 Ada, and just all these different Ada's battling." What?... What is Capcom smoking? Oh and it also seemed like they didn't even know what to do with the storyline until last minute by what they were saying. They were gonna kill Chris, but decided it'd be a cheap shot and went with Piers instead? *facepalm*

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
CAPCOM
i finally found a new character to like and you decided to kill him off because "killing chris would of been a cheap shot"
hell no it would of been brilliant you could of done everything the same but instead chris becomes mutated to save piers
you sons of bitches better pull some bull**** out of your ass and figure out a way in which he survived and make it DLC so i can buy it
sorry had to get that off my chest

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Of course I had to be in it!
Dont they know the saying the first thought is always the right one. Jeez..
They didnt want it to be cheap but seems it is exactly that lolz

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
I know right....multiple clone garbage of me that they were thinking about doing...I'd have lost all hope for the series if they did that, though I seem to have lost hope for it anyway.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I got a kick out of how the one guy was all like 'I worked on RE 5 so I knew Wesker died there'. It's like, um, yeah, shouldn't everyone working on the new Resident Evil game know that Wesker died in the last one?

Yea, I found that line ackward and unsettling at the same time.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if a some of them forget about a few important events in Resident Evil history lol.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
And about Chris' death being a 'cheap shot' - I wonder if they actually created both endings and tested them in front of an audience before coming to the conclusion that they had to kill Piers. My issue with saying that killing Chris would have been cheap is the fact that Chris' story seems over now what with Wesker being dead. Throughout the entire series Chris and Wesker always symbolized good versus evil, and now that Weskers out of the equation, Chris' story doesn't really need to continue.

I would of had no problem with Piers taking over his role.

Mr Sunshine

Well, if I heard correctly he didn't exactly say that killing chris would be a cheap shot, but that because they couldn't come up with a decent way of killing Chris, killing him for just the sake of killing a superhero would have been cheap. I mean Piers death was well made. A pretty intense moment.

Also, I'll have to agree with you on the multiple Ada Clones. I didn't want to see Extinction all over again!!

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I pretty much agree with a lot of what people are saying on this thread. I kinda feel bad for saying it, but Chris should have died instead. No offense to Chris, but (as La Femme Fatale mentioned) without Wesker, his story is essentially over. Besides, he had his time. Not to mention he finally found a suitable successor!
Chris' story seems over now what with Wesker being dead. Throughout the entire series Chris and Wesker always symbolized good versus evil, and now that Weskers out of the equation, Chris' story doesn't really need to continue

As long as there was some sort of closure including Jill Valentine, I would have been completely fine with Chris dying and Piers stepping up... But since that didn't happen, I guess the Chris/Jill story will have to continue. Otherwise, I see little point to Chris' story anymore.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
You know... it'd be interesting to see a main character death kinda like this one, AND shocking. People would probably hate the other character forever but... it sure would make things more realistic!

FF to 1:25...

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I pretty much agree with everything said here, but it was nice to hear that they wouldn't kill a main character off purely for shock value. While Chris is far from my favorite character, his legacy in the franchise is monumental, so it's nice to hear they wouldn't just do it to do it. Granted it would've fit in the game, but I think it'd be suitable for Jill to be there when or if it happens

bruno

Chief Researcher
He said cloning is not a part of the Resident Evil universe? What about the 10 clones of Sergei made for tyrant development?
I don't think Chris should die just because Wesker isn't in the series anymore. I actually think he had the best story in RE6, which shows he doesn't need Wesker or Jill to justify his appearences. Besides that, there's still the Alex Wesker issue, which might become a Chris/Jill game. Even if he is to be taken out of the spotlight, he can continue fighting even if he isn't in the main games, no need to kill him.
I wonder if Chris ever knew he was chasing a fake Ada. If not, he might be in another game chasing Ada (thinking she's the Neo-Umbrella Ada).
There's also Jessica Sherawat and Raymond Vester, Chris and Jill may want to find out what they're up to.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I'm tempted to say kill off EVERY main character but that would be overkill.....

I reallly hated Chris's character

Jake was ok.

Leon is nuetruel

Story wise.....the game SUCKED

Regarding the endings only Leons FEELS right everyone else just feels cheaper than walmart.....

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I lost faith in Capcom a long time ago.

The series should really be handed over to Shinji if you ask me.

Every long time fan wants the franchise to be handed back to Shinji Mikami, but that's not gonna happen cause of 2 reasons:
1: Capcom is run by a president named "Money"
2: Shinji Mikami himself is disgusted with what Resident Evil has become and has no interest in returning to the IP.

I haven't listened to the interview yet because I'm at work, but judging from some reactions here, Capcom really did not know what the hell they were doing lol.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Every long time fan wants the franchise to be handed back to Shinji Mikami, but that's not gonna happen cause of 2 reasons:
1: Capcom is run by a president named "Money"
2: Shinji Mikami himself is disgusted with what Resident Evil has become and has no interest in returning to the IP.

I haven't listened to the interview yet because I'm at work, but judging from some reactions here, Capcom really did not know what the hell they were doing lol.
Understatement of the century

Top Bottom