• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Some AMAZING RE7 E3 trailer discoveries I've unearthed (MUST-SEE)!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
As you may have heard by now, in a thread I posted yesterday, Capcom will be releasing a Deluxe Edition of RE7 for $80 that'll feature 4 side-story campaigns and a bonus chapter.

You may also recall seeing silhouetted "outside" shots in the E3 reveal at Sony's presser that weren't in the demo leaving subtle hints at classic characters. This is interesting because, while the game's director said the main story would feature an all-new cast, we could "expect to see some surprises" regarding some of our fan favorite characters. Perhaps it was done intentionally as to leave us guessing who will be in the side chapters, be it new or recurring characters.

After replaying the trailer several times, even slowing it down at several points, I think I've uncovered exactly who those mystery characters are and jotted down my findings with evidence. You may be surprised at what I was able to find during and after rewatching the E3 trailer. After seeing what I have to show, I think you'll have a pretty good idea as to who will be featured in the DE DLC. You may wanna pass it along!

The person in the white car @ 2:32 is Jill because of the small arms and wristbands-Jill wore wristbands in Revelations 1 and was teased in the Barry e-mail file in Revelations 2, so it's gotta be her.

If you look real closely at the pic below, you can just barely see what appear to be black lines on both of her wrists.

RE7Jill.jpg

The guy standing over the puddle @ 2:33 is Leon-long hair, biker jacket, can't get any more obvious than that.

RE7Leon.jpg

The girl in the portrait who's face is scribbled out @ 2:35 is Rebecca-short hair, bangs and jawline all point to Rebecca.

RE7Rebecca.jpg

The guy stepping beside the car at the end of the trailer @ 2:41 is Chris-boots, cargo pants, (what appear to be) knee pads where you see the circular bulge above his right shin, and right at the end, you can clearly see what looks like a gun holster atop the leg area. Furthermore, he's Jill's partner, who's (presumably) INSIDE the car, so it's without a doubt Chris.

RE7Chris.jpg

Add to this, the plotline of Vendetta possibly featuring an isolated mansion (according to concept art), much like the actual RE7 game and Jill's file in Revelations 2 (which would be completely pointless if they weren't gonna feature her in the next game in some capacity), and I think we may well be looking at our 4 Deluxe Edition side-story characters right here, right now after all the "visuals" I've gathered.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Nice find. First I agree it could very well be Jill, second pic the dude to me looks like he's wearing a hoodie and mask, third I'd say it's likely to be Moira than Rebecca, and last pic I kinda doubt it's Chris, I think it's the different main character we haven't seen in the demo.

I also want to add these, not sure if the girl is facing the mansion or camera but a female villain? gotta be Natalia/Alex right
image.jpg

image.jpg

And this of course might be Spencer although he's dead.
ozwell.jpg

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Nice find. First I agree it could very well be Jill, second pic the dude to me looks like he's wearing a hoodie and mask, third I'd say it's likely to be Moira than Rebecca, and last pic I kinda doubt it's Chris, I think it's the different main character we haven't seen in the demo.

I also want to add these, not sure if the girl is facing the mansion or camera but a female villain? gotta be Natalia/Alex right
image.jpg

image.jpg

And this of course might be Spencer although he's dead.
ozwell.jpg

That last pic i seen more unshaded by some one but its making me confuse:

13529216_1212790845427832_7780263372856452162_n.jpg

Beacuse ths now confirms that the man possibly is our old Wesker ( and that would be Deus ex machina but hey he has glasses)

Unknown

There is the small matter of Capcom confirming that none of the former protagonists will show up at all. And none of the images are anywhere near clear enough to see any details other than the ones you want to see.

I hope you're right though and Capcom are lying because it'd be far more interesting.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The thing about what they said is that they said "basically no". "Basically"? That makes me think that they're just talking about the main game.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
There is the small matter of Capcom confirming that none of the former protagonists will show up at all. And none of the images are anywhere near clear enough to see any details other than the ones you want to see.

I hope you're right though and Capcom are lying because it'd be far more interesting.

No, they didn't say that. Kawata just said they wouldn't be in the MAIN story, but, and this is an exact quote "there could be some interesting surprises in store as well." So them being featured in the side stories is definitely possible and even seems to be the direction they're going. The scribbled-out portrait of the girl is quite telling, it definitely looks like Moira or Rebecca, probably Rebecca because of the bangs. Moira has her hair parted all on one side, so I'd say it's Rebecca.

Unknown

No, they didn't say that. Kawata just said they wouldn't be in the MAIN story, but, and this is an exact quote "there could be some interesting surprises in store as well." So them being featured in the side stories is definitely possible and even seems to be the direction they're going. The scribbled-out portrait of the girl is quite telling, it definitely looks like Moira or Rebecca, probably Rebecca because of the bangs. Moira has her hair parted all on one side, so I'd say it's Rebecca.

Semantics, Kawata said about the old characters returning:

"Basically no. It’s a whole new set of characters and situations". I took that to mean the entirety of RE7 including any side stories. I hope the "surprises" are what you think though.

Anyway, that one pic does look a bit like Rebecca, but the others aren't clear enough.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Even if they are in the game, to say Leon, Jill, and Chris were all in the trailer is reaching way too hard. The hands you see in the car are more than likely the same person you see standing next to the car at the end of the trailer.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The only one possible is Rebecca. The others are way too far reaching and it's pretty clear that the guy in the jacket is a Zombie and not Leon. Putting the hoodie I mentioned in my other post aside. He even gets up in traditional zombie and his hands flat out.

As for the guy in the wheel chair. I want to believe it's Spencer in some apparition or regards to Alex. I think it's a new character. The guy is far too slender even for Spencer. I think he's the old man in the pictures we see, and in the [lightening] flash. I mean it could be him and we're seeing a modernized flash of him as a memory for Natalia from Alex or something odd like that, but I think that's also a stretch.

The telephone call, the Umbrella stuff, and a lot of elements we see does scream Alex. It's possible that we don't actually see her in the game and she's the one behind the experiment and is observing us and leading us on. This is a huge possibility as well. The whole "She's back" could have a dual meaning. For the main protagonist it could be a new character that he/she is familiar with. And a nod to the fans that someone like Alex is behind it. Just some speculation on my part :p

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Are you stupid? How is he The Flash? Barry Allen is the Flash.

What the are you even talking about? There is a flash in the trailer. The one where the lighting strikes and you can see the flash in the mirror.

That was really rude of you tbh and you defiantly misunderstood me. I clarified it though. I don't even know how you even drew a comparison to that at all 0.0 Though you could just be trolling and playing, but it didn't it come off like that :p

But you could say that lightening strikes with a flash xD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
What the are you even talking about? There is a flash in the trailer. The one where the lighting strikes and you can see the flash in the mirror.

That was really rude of you tbh and you defiantly misunderstood me. I clarified it though. I don't even know how you even drew a comparison to that at all 0.0 Though you could just be trolling and playing, but it didn't it come off like that :p

But you could say that lightening strikes with a flash xD
I'm pretty sure he was kidding. Like The Flash superhero dude or whatever.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I haven't seen that show. So sadly I didn't get the joke if it was a joke related to the Flash.

Oof, I don't know how you watch Agents of SHIELD and not The Flash let alone not know who The Flash is. You just lost some major superhero cred. :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
If the Flash is in the game, I'm definitely going to buy it, no matter what.

(Grant Gustin is so cute!)

latest

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Ot wouldn't surprise me one but if the characters returned as mentions in various files throughout the game.

Sorta like how ada was mentioned in a file in Re1
Leon was mentioned in a file in CV
Ect.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Oof, I don't know how you watch Agents of SHIELD and not The Flash let alone not know who The Flash is. You just lost some major superhero cred. :p

No no. I know who the Flash is. I just don't watch many TV shows so I'm picky with them and the D.C. stuff isn't really connected with the films like Marvel is :/ Don't be hating on AoS :p I'd say it's better. At least with out it evolved. I've heard mixed things about the D.C. shows in general.

I have watched Sense8 recently tho :p I highly recommend that if you're into character developments and interactions with relationships in the most unique ways. The dialogue is fantastic as well. The use of cameras an cinematography is amazing!

Top Bottom