• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what Novel to begin with?

LeonSaltLick

I'm new to the franchise and while I do know some stuff that happened in the games I can never really get into them (Except: Revelations 2, RE2, RE4, RE5, RE6) but I wanna keep exploring this universe and keep trying and because I read novels tell me which RE Novel is good for a new comer? I'm more of a new comer still after playing those games and I like stand alone adventures in a movie/game/comic universe the most so long they respect the source material but if there aren't any good stand alone story's tell me which novelization is the best?
Thank you!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
If you're talking about the books by S.D. Perry, I found them immensely enjoyable; especially City of the Dead (based on Resident Evil 2), Nemesis and Code Veronica (both based on their respective games). And from what I remember, it's been a while since I read them, they're pretty faithful in terms of events and character development though there are some slight changes so that the scenarios of games with two characters can play out simultaneously.

I do have to admit that I've never read her original novels, Caliban Cove and Underworld, but if they're anything like her game novelizations I'm sure they're amazing.

If you're trying to get into the novels I'd start with Zero Hour since it's the first chronologically. Her books are also numbered but here's the order they go in:

1. (0) Resident Evil Zero Hour
  2. (1) Resident Evil The Umbrella Conspiracy
  3. (2) Resident Evil Caliban Cove
  4. (3) Resident Evil City of the Dead
  5. (4) Resident Evil Underworld
  6. (5) Resident Evil Nemesis
  7. (6) Resident Evil Code Veronica

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Zero Hour is the first chronologically, but also the last one S.D. Perry wrote, so it actually more consistent with the game on which its based than books like The Umbrella Conspiracy or City of The Dead.

And I would save the original novels for last, unless you like Rebecca Chambers as much as the author, lol

Top Bottom