• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so...anyone done it?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Just watched the movie. As expected, it is a blank movie, with horribly executed action scenes, agressive use of 3D effects (I saw it in 2D and I noticed that), with no story or explanations for what happens, brainless and predictable characters, etc.
This time, the worst part were the zombies that survive under the water (besides knowing how to swim)...

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Was I the only one who loved the film?

I haven't seen many who love the games and the films.
i liked the other ones, just this one lacked story....im sure someone liked it, however more people will complain about something they dont like more than they rave about something they do like....

anyways back on topic, i hated the swiming zombies...i was alittle-no alot confused :\

Aleck

Biohazard
Was I the only one who loved the film?

I haven't seen many who love the games and the films.

No way! To be completely honest, I really do like the movies alot.:) The games too ofcourse. The thing is, I feel there are little tweaks they could have given to fill in the plot holes. I'm only asking for a little more dialogue. For example, what happened to Angela Ashford? Why don't they give it a little back story if they've decided not to bring her back? She was such an integral part of Resident Evil Apocalypse and then the follow ups ignore her character as if she never existed. This they did with Jill Valentine for Resident Evil Extinction(3) as well, but I suppose they kind of made up for it in Retribution(5). 8 long years later that is.

And by the way, how did they hint Chris and Claire were captured? Do you mean the scene where Alice asks Jill about them and gets no response? That didn't seem like a hint to me. It was more of an affirmation of the attitude taken to missing characters, it was simply ignored. Speaking of ignored,they shouldn't forget about KMart either.

I know alot of people complained about Sienna "Valentine" Guillory's acting saying that it was wooden, but I personally feel it was appropriate considering she was programmed like a machine by Umbrella. Barry Burton did exceptionally well because he had very little to work with and he gave it alot of personality regardless. I wish I could say the same for Leon, but I can't. His acting was borderline cringeworthy. He almost sounded dubbed. I hope the final movie gives him a chance to redeem himself. If Ada Wong wasn't dubbed, then she did pretty good. I think the character was pretty close to the games, only I would have had her be more sexy and less timid in her movements. I don't really like this Wesker actor either, he does well I guess, but I imagined someone closer to the Wesker of the games. Older and the voice and acting more spot on. I salivate at imagining game Wesker vs Alice. It would be fantastic in my opinion. Much longer than Jill vs Alice and more brutal ofcourse.

Something they could have also done with Jill/Alice interaction, is that Jill should have somehow covered the scarab on her chest so that Alice would have assumed that for some reason, Jill had willingly joined Umbrella. Then during their final battle Alice notices the scarab and tries talking Jill into remembering her, sort of like Chris and Jill in RE5. It would have made things more interesting and given us more story to bite on. The fights are great and the action always good, but it is best if to have it all story driven and tied together - it just makes everything more enjoyable because there's an emotional payoff when you get attached to the characters. Not sure if this makes sense, but I would have tweaked things here and there.

Milla is a great actress I think. She makes these movies real. There is something otherworldly about her that makes me believe she can be this superhero bio weapon, whom can kick a giant monster's ass. She is the movie franchise. It's a combination of her talent as an actress and her undeniable beauty. So yes, I enjoy the movies and like the actors in them, I would love to co direct, but that is another story:(.

My idea for the 6th film would be with an opening scene narrated by an unidentified old man talking about Umbrella and it's original goal to create a stronger human race. He would then talk about the breakthrough T-Virus and the price humanity has paid as a result. He would talk about his good friend Ashford whom helped him establish Umbrella long ago and that Ashford was mostly obsessed with creating something akin to the fountain of youth. Throughout the narration, we see a giant mansion and in one of the experiment rooms we see Angela Ashford in a water tank where her eyes are closed. There are many alien appliances around her and attached to her head and body. She has been there for many years and the experiment cycle is almost finished.

I would reunite Chris, Claire, KMart, Jill, Leon, Ada, Becky, and Alice. Since the movie is supposed to e around two hours long, I would divide up the screen time close to what Nolan did in Dark Knight Rises. Basically, alot of the movie would revolve around them finding a cure for those who have not turned into undead, Alice finding out that her father is Ozwell Spencer and facing him, Wesker turning on Alice, Alice vs Angela Ashford. A full out telekinetic war between the two.

I would include new monsters and characters, Regenerators, Hunters, El Gigante, and Steve Burnside.

This is Angie Ashford now and she has turned into quite the actress. I think she could pull off an evolved bio weapon type character too.

120417_9409-Edit.jpg

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think my biggest issue was that I think the director did Leon a great disservice in his attempt to showcase Alice. That choppy conversation Leon and Alice had about whether or not to save Becky completely destroyed Leon's character - Leon has always gone well out of his way to save everyone - why is he telling Alice that she (meaning Alice) is more important than Becky (a 12 yr old girl) so they should just leave her to die?

Even the friend I was with who despises Leon recognized it as grossly OOC.

I mean, I get that Alice is perfect and morally incorruptable but gosh, why portray that at the expense of canon characters?

Other than that, and other than Ada being a timid little mouse (although I chalk that up to the actress' nerves more than the character's), I didn't think it was as bad as some previous installments. I'll probably see it again.

RedAndWhite

No way! To be completely honest, I really do like the movies alot.:) The games too ofcourse. The thing is, I feel there are little tweaks they could have given to fill in the plot holes. I'm only asking for a little more dialogue. For example, what happened to Angela Ashford? Why don't they give it a little back story if they've decided not to bring her back? She was such an integral part of Resident Evil Apocalypse and then the follow ups ignore her character as if she never existed. This they did with Jill Valentine for Resident Evil Extinction(3) as well, but I suppose they kind of made up for it in Retribution(5). 8 long years later that is.

And by the way, how did they hint Chris and Claire were captured? Do you mean the scene where Alice asks Jill about them and gets no response? That didn't seem like a hint to me. It was more of an affirmation of the attitude taken to missing characters, it was simply ignored. Speaking of ignored,they shouldn't forget about KMart either.

I know alot of people complained about Sienna "Valentine" Guillory's acting saying that it was wooden, but I personally feel it was appropriate considering she was programmed like a machine by Umbrella. Barry Burton did exceptionally well because he had very little to work with and he gave it alot of personality regardless. I wish I could say the same for Leon, but I can't. His acting was borderline cringeworthy. He almost sounded dubbed. I hope the final movie gives him a chance to redeem himself. If Ada Wong wasn't dubbed, then she did pretty good. I think the character was pretty close to the games, only I would have had her be more sexy and less timid in her movements. I don't really like this Wesker actor either, he does well I guess, but I imagined someone closer to the Wesker of the games. Older and the voice and acting more spot on. I salivate at imagining game Wesker vs Alice. It would be fantastic in my opinion. Much longer than Jill vs Alice and more brutal ofcourse.

Something they could have also done with Jill/Alice interaction, is that Jill should have somehow covered the scarab on her chest so that Alice would have assumed that for some reason, Jill had willingly joined Umbrella. Then during their final battle Alice notices the scarab and tries talking Jill into remembering her, sort of like Chris and Jill in RE5. It would have made things more interesting and given us more story to bite on. The fights are great and the action always good, but it is best if to have it all story driven and tied together - it just makes everything more enjoyable because there's an emotional payoff when you get attached to the characters. Not sure if this makes sense, but I would have tweaked things here and there.

Milla is a great actress I think. She makes these movies real. There is something otherworldly about her that makes me believe she can be this superhero bio weapon, whom can kick a giant monster's ass. She is the movie franchise. It's a combination of her talent as an actress and her undeniable beauty. So yes, I enjoy the movies and like the actors in them, I would love to co direct, but that is another story:(.

My idea for the 6th film would be with an opening scene narrated by an unidentified old man talking about Umbrella and it's original goal to create a stronger human race. He would then talk about the breakthrough T-Virus and the price humanity has paid as a result. He would talk about his good friend Ashford whom helped him establish Umbrella long ago and that Ashford was mostly obsessed with creating something akin to the fountain of youth. Throughout the narration, we see a giant mansion and in one of the experiment rooms we see Angela Ashford in a water tank where her eyes are closed. There are many alien appliances around her and attached to her head and body. She has been there for many years and the experiment cycle is almost finished.

I would reunite Chris, Claire, KMart, Jill, Leon, Ada, Becky, and Alice. Since the movie is supposed to e around two hours long, I would divide up the screen time close to what Nolan did in Dark Knight Rises. Basically, alot of the movie would revolve around them finding a cure for those who have not turned into undead, Alice finding out that her father is Ozwell Spencer and facing him, Wesker turning on Alice, Alice vs Angela Ashford. A full out telekinetic war between the two.

I would include new monsters and characters, Regenerators, Hunters, El Gigante, and Steve Burnside.

This is Angie Ashford now and she has turned into quite the actress. I think she could pull off an evolved bio weapon type character too.

120417_9409-Edit.jpg

I agree.

An extended cut will be coming out with the Bluray folks. And I believe the Redfields/Kmart question will be solved.

Leon was a joke, and a waste. Angie? Dead on the novels, she has to come back.

*Spoiler alert*
HOW COME NO ONE SAID THE RED QUEEN IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
It was better action/acting wise than Afterlife, but there wasn't really a story. Also, they never explained Las plagas to those who have never played the games, like they explained the T-Virus (Umbrella created it, bioweaponry, secret bases, it was released by Spencer etc.).

One thing that was awesome was that Sienna Guillory managed to play a very convincing Jill that's under control. Very similar to the Jill from RE5, she did a great portrayal.

The whole cloning of James Shade, Raine, Carlos etc. was a bit unnecessary, but I liked the premise for the setting, the city blocks built underwater, that was pretty badass.

Overall was ok, not as good as the first couple though. Also like a previous poster said, Leon and Barry were totally cheapened as if they were completely useless to the movie. Basically, the only useful thing they did was bring the elevator down, and keep Jill and the gang occupied while Alice saved her "daughter."

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
It was okay, but Afterlife was too awesome for words when I first saw it! The 5th had its moments to, but some of them were dumb. Killing Barry... Leon is a British... Ada talking too much.... may I go on?

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
It was okay, but Afterlife was too awesome for words when I first saw it! The 5th had its moments to, but some of them were dumb. Killing Barry... Leon is a British... Ada talking too much.... may I go on?
I was soooo mad when they killed barry, and made leon a heartless jerk...

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I was soooo mad when they killed barry, and made leon a heartless jerk...

I agree, and to cast someone that's not even slightly attractive? I mean, come on, I went all fanboy when I knew he was going to be in it, but I thought they would have thought about the fact that sex sells.

Mehh, just me then :p

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Every time they showed the map of the 'zones' that they had to go through, it reminded me of 'The Crystal Maze' which is an old British TV game show, haha!

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Every time they showed the map of the 'zones' that they had to go through, it reminded me of 'The Crystal Maze' which is an old British TV game show, haha!

Is it sad that I play that game on my iPad? :p

Used to watch that show as a child, was awesome, used to always think I could solve the puzzles quicker than the adults ;)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Is it sad that I play that game on my iPad? :p

Used to watch that show as a child, was awesome, used to always think I could solve the puzzles quicker than the adults ;)

I have that game too lol :D
Towards the end of the movie, I half expected Alice to say 'To the crystal dome!' haha.

Aleck

Biohazard
I agree.

An extended cut will be coming out with the Bluray folks. And I believe the Redfields/Kmart question will be solved.

Leon was a joke, and a waste. Angie? Dead on the novels, she has to come back.

*Spoiler alert*
HOW COME NO ONE SAID THE RED QUEEN IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!

I guess since it was a computer and maybe attributed to advanced tech that she was more visible? Haha, the 2001 actress is all grown up by now I'm sure.

I wonder if Anderson and Jovovich will keep their word where they plan to reunite all the survivors from the movies. I really, really like Claire(Ali) Redfield. Although she's different than her game counterpart, she atleast is somewhat of a big sister to KMart and is human and vulnerable. She's a bad-ass without having to do all the crazy superhuman power things. I just might like her a little more than Alice. :oops:

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Let me just tell you I wanna kill Sony now.
THIS was cut from the script. It's f***ing amazing, minus the whole Leon-and-Barry-always-worked-for-Umbrella, but the rest is just... OMFGGGGG

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?xbda8jbm0fmbmb7

I read that too, it would have been much better if they kept those scenes in, especially the one that explains what happened to Angie. I hope some of these scenes will be on the directors cut.

Top Bottom