• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Since Capcom may be bought out... S. Mikami can return?

extravagant

ATTENTION: Capcom can be bought out now because they are bankrupt. With Shinji Mikami now creating The Evil Within, he can redeem his reputation as the father of Survival Horror, and if The Evil Within is a success he can probably afford to buy his rights to his original creation, Resident Evil, and once he does that he can properly give us a RE2make and RE3make. SPREAD THE WORD.

Just wishful thinking for now but man hopefully we can get the original traditional RE tank control style and pre-rendered backgrounds version REmade for RE2 and RE3

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Honestly, I don't think so. Wishful thinking indeed.
But then again, I don't think ANYONE is going to buy Capcom with all that debt of theirs, but...

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I guess you're right, Kevin. No one will buy company with debts, so maybe the only chance for Capcom to stay in the business is selling their best licenses, one by one, to other publishers. I think some companies continue their work with best series... Anyway, I'm almost sure that even if Capcom will fall, we will see new Resident Evil sooner or later :) And if Mikami will be involved- that's only for better :)

extravagant

Well I'm sure if "The Evil Within" succeeds, we will for sure be seeing a fan cry for Shinji Mikami to revive the survival horror series, and assuming that all of this works out, they will be pointing at him to fix the RE series. Assuming Capcom sells RE to Sony or something.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You have to be realistic. To most Modern Day gamers, the name Shinji Mikami means nothing. I don't mean that to sound insulting, but unless you're a die hard RE fan, odds are, you don't know who he is. So even if The Evil Within is a HUGE success, it won't mean people will scream for Shinji to come back, simply because they don't know he was the man behind it all...

extravagant

You have to be realistic. To most Modern Day gamers, the name Shinji Mikami means nothing. I don't mean that to sound insulting, but unless you're a die hard RE fan, odds are, you don't know who he is. So even if The Evil Within is a HUGE success, it won't mean people will scream for Shinji to come back, simply because they don't know he was the man behind it all...

Under those circumstances, that doesn't sound like a far stretch. Remember, it is us, the fans, the people who create the word out for it. If it all doesn't work out, then that's fine, at least we have The Evil Within. However, things are not always impossible, and if we are always thinking against our odds, we will never actually get what we want.

It's always nice to just talk about about it, share it, discuss among fans so that ideas can actually turn into action.

Everything starts out as an idea... and once put into action, that's when the real dreams come true.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Under those circumstances, that doesn't sound like a far stretch. Remember, it is us, the fans, the people who create the word out for it. If it all doesn't work out, then that's fine, at least we have The Evil Within. However, things are not always impossible, and if we are always thinking against our odds, we will never actually get what we want.

It's always nice to just talk about about it, share it, discuss among fans so that ideas can actually turn into action.

Everything starts out as an idea... and once put into action, that's when the real dreams come true.
I'm not arguing that at all, but us the "Fans" is a pretty small group of people. I mean the TRUE horror fans that have been with RE for years. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that it has to be looked at from a different angle. It kind of IS impossible for Shinji Mikami himself to get all the rights to Resident Evil. The angle we SHOULD look at, is whatever company he's working for getting the rights. Look at it as a company, or a brand name, because that's the name that will be in the public eye.

extravagant

The angle we SHOULD look at, is whatever company he's working for getting the rights. Look at it as a company, or a brand name, because that's the name that will be in the public eye.

Well that's pretty much a given, and that's exactly what I mean. Whether Mikami gets the direct rights, or a company buys the rights and hires him to direct RE again. Doesn't matter, as long as he is directing RE again, that's what we really, truly want.

Shinji Mikami knows how to make a survival horror. I read an interview a few years back, Mikami, the man himself, created the game based on his traumatic and horrific experience as a kid when he was chased down the midnight and dark streets of the city in Japan with his very own father chasing him in a car threatening to run him over. His father was drunk, Mikami had bad grades, therefore his consequential punishment was to be chased around the city of Japan by a car late at night.

This very much explains why in the REmake, Shinji Mikami puts the players in narrow hallways, has crimson head zombies chasing you, has unbeatable bosses chasing you, and even having the big rock boulders run you over in the dungeons of the mansion.

The guy almost got ran over by a car when his dad was chasing him.... Shinji Mikami just uses narrow spaces and awkward camera angles to make it hard for you to run away. It's the panic, I suppose...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I guess it really depends on how well received The Evil Within becomes. If it has a debut like GTA5 had then ZeniMax would be stupid not to try to pick up the IP from Capcom. I don't think it is impossible with the way the stars are aligned but its most likely not going to happen. I'm personally pre-ordering The Evil Within not just because I really want to play it but I also believe in what Mikami is doing, especially now that he has more creative freedom. Even if the game isn't spectacular I think its a great stepping stone for the future of legendary classics. When money isn't at the top of the creative pyramid.

Top Bottom