• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Should this be remade?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Exact remake? If that includes story, places and puzzles, there'd be no point in remaking it. The problems in RE3 are the inconsistences with RE2, some ridiculous puzzles/parts of the storyline and the fact that the city wasn't "carefully" designed. Of course, i'd like to see the same places of RE3, but with some changes that make it a "possible" city. Also, i'd like to see some connection with the part of the city seen in outbreak, even if you just pass by.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
rathit;36271 said:
uh there is an exact remake.

its not an exact remake, its just been ported over from the playstation, a remake would be them upgrading the graphics etc, i.e, RE1 from ps1 to gamecube, RE3 from ps1 to gamecube is just a port over.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think I would prefer to see RE 2 be remade before 3. To be honest, 3 was never one of my favourites in the series; I just never had a sense that alot of time or effort was alotted to it. I agree with Bruno in that if it was redone, they would have to tie it together better.

aintnoscrub

Premium
they could perhaps think about doing a 2 and 3 remake in one..have it in proper timeline, like switching at exact events from leon/claire to jill/carlos..although that might get confusing to some..

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That's a really good idea, iHadeSsS. Wasn't it that the first half of RE 3 occured before RE 2, and the second half after? I actually think it would work really well.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i might be wrong on this, but heres how it goes,
september 28th 1998, the start of resident evil 3, with jill trying to escape etc, meeting nemesis for the first time, her and carlos make it to the clock tower, and thats when she is infected and passes out.
september 29th-30th, start of resident evil 2, leon and claire arrive, the game ends of sep 30th.
october 1st, jill wakes up, and the game continues.

bruno

Chief Researcher
iHadeSsS;36528 said:
i might be wrong on this, but heres how it goes,
september 28th 1998, the start of resident evil 3, with jill trying to escape etc, meeting nemesis for the first time, her and carlos make it to the clock tower, and thats when she is infected and passes out.
september 29th-30th, start of resident evil 2, leon and claire arrive, the game ends of sep 30th.
october 1st, jill wakes up, and the game continues.

I think that's right. But i think the 2 days break is too long and not appropriate. I think the game should start at the same time of RE2 and Jill only sleeps for 1 day, for example.

aintnoscrub

Premium
it does seem abit long, and i don't see how they go 2 nights without being attacked by nemesis.
carlos nurses her for to night, then decides to go seek help.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
iHadeSsS;36601 said:
it does seem abit long, and i don't see how they go 2 nights without being attacked by nemesis.
carlos nurses her for to night, then decides to go seek help.
I had always wondered about that. I didn't understand why Nemesis didn't just kill her and get on with his life during that time. :p It was obviously to try and fit chronologically with RE 2, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :confused:

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think it has something to do with the fact that she's on a chapel.... Maybe the creators were religious :dry:... Or simply by the fact that the chapel is a "safe room". Maybe all the typewriters in the world release anti-BOW gas (there's no other explanation for the fact that BOWs can't enter safe rooms).
Merchant: Hello stranger! If you are going to fight Nemesis, you'd better buy a Rocket Launcher.
Jill: Nah, I'll just take a Typewriter
M: But... The Chicago Typewritter won't be any good against that creature!
J: I want a Typewriter... like those old ones where i save the game. If i bring it with me to the room, that'll become a safe room so, Nemesis won't be there. Hehe, try and catch me Nemmy.

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

my guess is it was probably something to do with Jill being infected with the T-virus, afterall the nemesis doesnt really "bother" with infected unless they are in his way.

If I remember correctly, right back to when RE2 was in development, it got posponed scrapped and redone twice as well as some content cut, which eventually became glued together with other bits to form RE nemesis, this was mainly because of the technology restraints they had to work with made it difficult for them to achieve exactly what they wanted....

In an old magazine article, when RE2 was in stage 1 of development, there was going to be 5 playable characters (Chris, Jill, Claire, Barry and Leon) of course technology restraints caused them to scrap Chris and Barries scenarios from stage 1, and then Jill from stage 2 (her model apparently took a lot of memory)

To make up for the loss of the orginals in RE2, they eventually worked more on Jill's scenario, trying to bring it up to scratch and finish it up, eventually releasing it as RE nemesis (hense why the inventory screen, music and a lot of other things are commonly shared, the inclusion of round-making was orginally pencilled in for RE2, but never saw the light of day until nemesis)

So taking all that into account, it would actually be possible to do a "proper" RE2 remake and include Jill's nemesis scenario in it, as there would be no restraint from the technology like there was back then, and it would be highly viable and possible.

Just my 2 geeky cents ^^

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
bruno;36740 said:
J: I want a Typewriter... like those old ones where i save the game. If i bring it with me to the room, that'll become a safe room so, Nemesis won't be there. Hehe, try and catch me Nemmy.

And at the end, she can just throw it at him, and it'll work just as well as a rocket launcher. :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't know if they should, I think we should stop assuming Capcom should remake some classics, as the only one is dire need of it was RE1, & it was a perfect remake, but RE2 & RE3 are both pretty perfect on their own, all they would do is possibley ruin the music, or characters, voices...etc.

From what we have seen in Darkside Chronicles, it sounds like they have slghtly ruined the dialogue with Claire and Leon, even though they are using Alyson Court and even Paul Mercier, it just sounds off..

aintnoscrub

Premium
your right they are pretty perfect, but you know you would want to see them with brand spanking new graphics ;)

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'd like to see a remake of this one just because the city in it is COMPLETELY different from the city seen in recent games such as the Outbreaks and UC (and probably TDC). The old RE2 was perfect, but RE3, seems to have been made in 2 days, cause there's no logic in many parts. They only had 2 good ideas: an already seen character wandering in the city and an undefeatable monster pursuing her. It was still a great game though.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
If they remake the graphics, the other things will follow, like music, etc, and I just feel, especially with how lazy Capcom has been with its most recent games and movie that they can't handle a remake & have it as successful as the RE1 remake..

I almost feel like they would slack off on the voices, and even so making it sound good might be hard. As the few lines we have heard from Leon & Claire together sound really strange....even though they are using the best voice actors for each character, Paul Mercier and Alyson Court, respectivaley.:)

NiteKrawler

Alyson Court is definitely the best voice actress for Claire...Oh, wait. ;)

As for if they should remake it, if they did it correctly like the RE 1 REmake, it would be great. But like Spike said, Capcom doesn't seem to have as much motivation as they used to.

Top Bottom