• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should a Resident Evil leave the series?

Which character should leave the Resident Evil series

• Chris Redfield

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Leon Kennedy

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Claire Redfield

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Zacmac90

Many of us grew up playing Re 123 etc and became fond of characters such as chris leon claire jill etc but all good things gotta end so if one character had to be removed who would it be?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I would say Chris, because if Chris died, that would stir up things with Jill and Claire. Those are two people we haven't seen in a while, and need a comeback.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I said Chris. I felt the whole good vs evil theme in Resident Evil was most prevalent in Chris and Wesker's roles as the key protagonists/antagonists of the series. With Wesker gone, I don't feel the continuation of Chris's story, at least as a main character, was necessary.

I understand he tied Leon and Jake's story together in RE 6.. but meh.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I selfishly want Jill to go simply because I don't want them ruining her character and risk me hating her. On the other hand, Chris has been through so much that I feel like he hasn't really lived his life. He's been caught up in bio-terrorism since he was 26 and he's been going ever since. (And he was in the Air Force before that.) I just think Chris needs to retire. Let the man be happy.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
My heart says Chris for the same reason Magnolia stated, plus his story is getting repetitive. Seriously, how often will we still have to watch him try to cope with a recent personal loss? He's getting quite old as well, by Capcom's standards at least.

My brain says Claire because out of all characters listed in the poll, she's most unlikely to ever be caught in an outbreak again. Of course, there's that old running gag about Claire coincidentally getting involved in an outbreak wherever she goes, and it worked for RE2, Code Veronica and Degeneration, but yet another time would be unrealistic. (Although repeating stories seem to run in the Redfield family, huh?)

My creativity says Leon because he's the character I can relate to the least, meaning that if I was a Resident Evil story writer at Capcom, I wouldn't know what to do with him. His personality has been inconsistent throughout the games and movies ever since his first appearance, which makes character development difficult, and the LeonXAda telenovela, the only thing that never changed (but should have), is getting old.

I couldn't really decide, so I voted Jill simply because I find her the least interesting. There would be much potential to evolve her character now after that whole Wesker ordeal, but I don't think Capcom can pull it through or that her fans would even like it. But newer characters such as Sherry, Jake, Piers and even Helena (although she can be seriously annoying at times) seem to be more elaborate anyway, so why not just drop everyone and let some newcomers take over? The only one I'd really want to keep is Ada, at least until we know everything about her.

weskerondope

i never was a huge fan of capcoms youth fixation
i mean seriously rebeca is like 18 in the first game
i dont buy into the fact that an 18 year old gets to be in a team like that
and also i suppose they decided to kick out barry simply cause he should be like 50 by now
i dont care if barry is gray haired by now, he should still come back
i kinda also agree they should lay low on chris for a while
the guy has been in the last 3 main series games
and allmost all the side games recently like chronicles
i dont think he should die but he should leave room for others

Esteban Raso

Hel, I agree a 100% with you. But I would discard all of them for the next RE.

I think we need to get back to the roots. An Isoleted conflict (not global, not the end of the world again) and a new lead character, maybe related to the BSAA or FOS, or maybe just a regular citizen.

Maybe Ada could be the lead also, I don't know.

PD: Bring "slow" zombies back!!! Survival Horror Rules.

Cannibal Jesse

Cannibal Jesse on Xbox Live RE5, RE6 &Revelations.
Chris or Ada dying I think would really be a game changer, with either of them gone we'd really have a slot for a new lead. Not that I think any of them need to leave, just a matter of something/someone different.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Chris or Ada dying I think would really be a game changer, with either of them gone we'd really have a slot for a new lead. Not that I think any of them need to leave, just a matter of something/someone different.
Ada gone really wouldn't make need for a new Lead, seeing as she was never really a Lead to begin with. It WOULD be a new Drive for Leon though...

PlayNdie

if they wanted a new lead that could be easily done without removing anyone. anyhow at this point shouldn't Chris be like the General of the BSAA and off the front lines?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
if they wanted a new lead that could be easily done without removing anyone. anyhow at this point shouldn't Chris be like the General of the BSAA and off the front lines?
He pretty much is the general right? He, and like, seven other founded it right?

PlayNdie

I have no clue I'm so far behind on this series. I think I'm just gonna pick up all the books I saw in Barnes & Noble cause it's gonna take forever to get up to speed playing the games alone.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have no clue I'm so far behind on this series. I think I'm just gonna pick up all the books I saw in Barnes & Noble cause it's gonna take forever to get up to speed playing the games alone.
But the games give you an experience the books just can't!

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think all of those characters should be removed from the main roles and become involved in an indirect way.

Chris and Jill have been in far too many games by now, and it is time for them to assume a more prominent role within the BSAA, working in operations planning instead of being field operatives.

Claire has long been away from the battlefield and taken a more political/activist role. She should become a politician and fight against BOW development supported by big companies and governments.

Leon could play a double agent role, working for the government, but using his position to gather data from BOW research projects and leak it to the BSAA and other anti-terrorism organizations.

And Ada... I guess she will never change. It would be nice if it was revealed she actually has a family in China, but she barely sees them for their protection.

Among these characters, I think Ada and Leon are the ones who have less important roles at this point of the story.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'm probably gonna get gate for this.

I voted Leon.

I would have voted Chris if they got rid of him suddenly now it would feel forced since they were originally going to get rid of him in re6 but buckled it onto Piers last min.

Other than him Leon.
I think he has had more than enough attention by now.
I also think he's a bit too far up himself going from rookie cop to president bodyguard.
Don't get me wrong I liked him and his humour vs Salazar in re4, but I think he's had too much attention now and needs to either leave/retire or have a few games break.

I love Ada aswell but I really think she should have concluded in re6 with Leon.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I have to go with Chris. It should have been he that died a mutant monster saving his partner, not Piers (whom I don't really even care for, honestly). The whole game was leading up to it, but Capcom have no balls...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I would possibly say chris. I feel his mental state would overwhelm him if he had another game to go through and it wouldn't work. Him or leon. Leon just doesn't do it for me. Zzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom