• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SHIPS!

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Not to be rude, just out of curiosity: You keep saying that you hate Chris because he has no personality or character development, even though he actually has plenty of both in RE6, yet your favourite is Jill of all people, a character with the emotional range of a brick, no back-story or development to speak of, and no personality other than the default heroic traits. How is Chris a boring generic soldier, but not Jill?
That would mean they´re just fine for each other,right? XD

Evil Yuna

Basically yes xD I don't like Chris but I approve of their relationship, strange but true. xD
I agree with ya. =)
Well,the thing about Chris: I´ve never played the first RE so i can´t say i know him well.I liked him very much in CV,in RE5 too,but in RE6 was just something about it i didn´t like ( i can´t exactly say what ). Maybe it was how he was being driven by hatred ( even Piers noticed it and tried to talk him out of it ).
My favourite acctually is Leon ( and female character Claire ) cause RE2 was the first i´ve ever played. =)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I can relate to that. I don't like Leon very much, but I ship him with my favourite female character Claire. Just because they look cute together, not because I see any chemistry or something.

I used to ship Chris and Jill too back in 2000 when I played RE1 for the first time, but I always found it more interesting to pair him with Rebecca or Wesker. The way Rebecca says "Yes, sir!" always sounds like he just ordered her to give him a bl0wj0b and she's happy to oblige.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I agree with ya. =)
Well,the thing about Chris: I´ve never played the first RE so i can´t say i know him well.I liked him very much in CV,in RE5 too,but in RE6 was just something about it i didn´t like ( i can´t exactly say what ). Maybe it was how he was being driven by hatred ( even Piers noticed it and tried to talk him out of it ).
My favourite acctually is Leon ( and female character Claire ) cause RE2 was the first i´ve ever played. =)
In RE5 he ok, most of the time I disliked him, but he had moments where I really thought "Wow he can be a human being" xD. In RE6 his whole story was pretty pointless, don't know why them brought him back in the first place. Maybe I wouldn't hold a grudge against him then, if he wasn't in RE6. Plus he called my ADA a "B*tch". How dares he... nobody calls Ada wong a "b*tch" xD My faves are Leon&Jill. But I like Claire, Moira, Barry and Ada a lot too.

Evil Yuna

I can relate to that. I don't like Leon very much, but I ship him with my favourite female character Claire. Just because they look cute together, not because I see any chemistry or something.
Exactly this. XD
Sadly they won´t ever be more than friends.But i ship the anyway.

umbra aeterna

It's okay. Well I know I bash Chris a lot, but that comes from the fact that I hate the direction they went with him. He used to be my favorite in the past. In my opinion he could be replaced by any [insert G.I Joe military guy]. In RE6 his story made no sense, they just brought him back for the sake of having Chris in it, plus he acted like a douche, sorry to say that but my thoughts on him were "Get your hormones in balance, princess Redfield". Also recent games with him weren't that good. I don't know his new persona just doesn't work for me.

As for Jill. Well I respect and admire her, because she's been through more sh*t in her life than Chris, yet stayed strong. She survived the Mansion. She survived Raccoon City. She's been chased by a Nemesis and she's been infected with the T-Virus and survived it. Then she sacrificed her life for Chris, Wesker manipulated her and used her for his own purposes. Jill is a serious character yes, but in Revelations for example she wasn't deadly serious as Chris. She could joke and be somewhat sarcastic, even flirtatious. I think of Jill as an agent type character like Leon and not military like Chris. I guess I have a thing for strong female characters and that this may cloud my judgements. Who knows....

Actually, a lot of people say that both Chris and Jill have no personality at all. Besides, you can't love every character in a game, right?

That is just my opinion, yours may differ.

Ok I'll stop being serious now.
-
This is true,though I can see why Chris turned sour.A person can take but so much.And Jill,though I love her,her lack of characterization makes her REALLY hard to write in fanfics.Seriously. I like to think she's a hardass yes-ma'am-miss boss lady type.Revelations was like the mpst personality I've seen from her.But reident evil is bad with personalities...except Leon's mostly been consistant ,even if a bit stoic at times...though something tells me that that's because of his situation,essentially being forced to work for the US government.It's like they tink of a set of charcters each ghame and then go dig in the archives and decide who to use.As for chris,i'd marry this guy.he needs a hug ,a beer(just one!) and a steak waiting for him and a shoulder rub when he brings his ass home,it'd help his attitude ...and piers is a bit of a hardass too

umbra aeterna

I used to ship Chris and Jill too back in 2000 when I played RE1 for the first time, but I always found it more interesting to pair him with Rebecca or Wesker. The way Rebecca says "Yes, sir!" always sounds like he just ordered her to give him a bl0wj0b and she's happy to oblige.
when I played the original re1,i had accepted chris/rebecca as OTP forever,that and Jill/Wesker.Then,I played RE0 and replayed REmake on chris's campaign .now,I ship chris/wesker as OTP ,but mostly pre-game though.Antything afterwards would just be madness.I can't do Mr.kitty Wesker with post REmake /RE1 chris like it's normal

N7Valentine

-
This is true,though I can see why Chris turned sour.A person can take but so much.And Jill,though I love her,her lack of characterization makes her REALLY hard to write in fanfics.Seriously. I like to think she's a hardass yes-ma'am-miss boss lady type.Revelations was like the mpst personality I've seen from her.But reident evil is bad with personalities...except Leon's mostly been consistant ,even if a bit stoic at times...though something tells me that that's because of his situation,essentially being forced to work for the US government.It's like they tink of a set of charcters each ghame and then go dig in the archives and decide who to use.As for chris,i'd marry this guy.he needs a hug ,a beer(just one!) and a steak waiting for him and a shoulder rub when he brings his ass home,it'd help his attitude ...and piers is a bit of a hardass too
I hate it too how often they change their personalities. I love to write stories myself, but constantly changing someone's personality or relationship with someone is just sh*tty. It makes them look like a bunch of amateurs, seriously. I'll just wait what they'll come up with for RE7, hopefully a better written story than 6. Not surprised Mikami-san left during the development of 5... At this point the story's a bit of a mess.

Yes it's true, Leon's the only one with a consistant personality, that's why he's my favorite. As I said Chris new persona just doesn't work for me, sometimes I can't explain why, but I just can't stand him.

You can take Chris, I'd be more than happy to take Jill. Any woman who is willing to sacrifice her life to save someone gets a special place in my heart.

that could actually work! i never though of that :)
at any rate that would force ada to cut the sh*t or walk away
I know right, I'm not a shipper but that stupid thought popped into my mind, since both are my favorite main characters xD

Last edited:

N7Valentine

As for real ships: I liked the Queen Dido... yeah I liked that one. Or was it the Queen Zenobia? Well, sh*t I forgot

Anyways. Here are my thoughts on some ships.

Chris and Jill: Get a room you f*cking trolls! We all know you wanna bang each other really bad, so stop pretending you're not into each other! The two of you need need to blow off some steam already. Chris needs someone who doesn't break in a half in bed and Jill certainly knows how to handle the "Big Boys". You two are a perfect match. So I say go and spend some "sexy-time" together. Problem solved!

Leon and Ada: Leon, you either move on and forget about Ada or you'll end up chasing her your entire life.I'm just givin' you an advice, bro ;) and Ada stop trolling with Leon's emotions :p

Chris and Piers: I hate to burst your bubble, but Piers ist dead so I don't believe this relationship has a future, unless Chris is a gay necrophile... Yuck! That's just gross!!! Even I don't want Chris to do such a creepy thing like that 0_O. So a big NOPE to ChrisxPiers.

Leon and Claire: That could work and I think Claire is way much better choice for Leon than Ada. So Leon, you better go for Claire ;)

Chris and Wesker: Same as Piers. Seriously, what's wrong with people wanting Chris to screw dead guys? He isn't into that kind of stuff... Well at least I hope he isn't, that'd be ouright creepy 0_O

Leon and Jill: It could work and I gotta admit they both look good together, but it'd only result in Chris being jealous as hell, then he'll try to throw a boulder at Jill and that doesn't sound really healthy to me. Also, considering Chris acted like a princess with raging and unbalanced hormones, I'd say he def needs more Valentine-Love than Leon now. So Jill don't you even dare think about Leon or you'll get a boulder in your (actually very pretty) face as a Valentine's gift from Chris next year... Just sayin'...

Top Bottom