• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Sheva a pain in the ass....

Rollin6z

NiteKrawler;40699 said:
Spike, RE4 was released in 2005! SmartyPants time! :) I just remember because of GL's sig. ;)

Also, UC had typewriters. You just couldn't use them. You could shoot them though and get stuff from them. I kind of wish in RE 5, that there wasn't such a huge difference between veteran and pro mode. Veteran is pretty difficult, but very fun. Pro on the other hand is near impossible without a human player with you. Can you say "balance?"

Basically what I was trying to say about the difficulties.

Hoady

Yeah with the typewriters i was real surprised they weren't in RE5 its practically a resident evil trademark, imagine if Resident Evil 4 had checkpoints that would've really sucked.Its always the little minor things that add up for a massive difference and it seems capcoms going for exactly what 90% of the other shooters out there are doing:shoot, kill run etc.

Well Resident Evil is alot different but it seems to be going down a path of too much action, many games have there place for that.Now okay i loved RE4 but as similar as RE5 is it strayed so far away from it...i honestly do not know how it feels so different.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't know how it feels so different either, as I don't think it feels that different...

It has changed a bit, which I think it would have to in order to stay alive, I think the action that has been added has naturally come in, it isn't like it's Die Hard or Lethal Weapon...

The only action I didn't like was the overdone stupid mid-air barrel rolls and somersaults....and that kick that Jill did to Chris right when she was unvieled.:(

NiteKrawler

Send her up and kill the 2 lickers that spawn first. Then just make sure you knock all the other lickers down from the wall they climb up. Or get a human player. ;)

ResidentZelda

NiteKrawler;41286 said:
Send her up and kill the 2 lickers that spawn first. Then just make sure you knock all the other lickers down from the wall they climb up. Or get a human player. ;)

lol thanks I'll go for the second option ^^.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41110 said:
Spike, that kick was awesome! Extremely realistic too! :) Heck, I could do it if I really wanted to.

Yeah, if you only had the motivation to do so....:)

Davinfected

I love playing as Sheva! I like all her leggy moves! And I like having Chris follow me around and telling him to operate machinery and stuff!

Nosophoros

Alright..., sorry to get off topic but why didn't they use the alternate endings in the later re games?

Levan

Polkka. lol
Capcom was lazy. D:

Maybe alternate endings could've been nice,

like for example when Sheva was about to fall outside the plane and you couldn't make it in time to press the action button, you still progress through the final boss and then leave without her on the helicopter and Chris says something different... :p

Hoady

iNFiN1TY;47381 said:
She's always walking in my way!

Yeah i like played it today and she got killed by a chainsaw guy twice lol.

Well i got much further into the game chapter 5-2 i think today.I was finding the game a chore a month or 2 back but i actually found it incredibly entertaining today.Shevas okay once i started playing a bit more but still i stand by the fact the game would be 3 times better without her.
All that puzzle crap in the cave was hell gay, Sheva kept running into the laser beam light that shoots across the floor and died.Then shifting those lasers was fairly ridiculous i ran into the laser 2 or 3 times(instant death).:pinch:Still really wanting to fight Neo(aka wesker).

iNFiN1TY

I am @ 5-2 aswell i think, its a shame i work full-time, cause i want to play this game full-time atm :) But tonight im going to continue again, ive beaten the boss and now im exploring that underground facility.

wpstudart

I really agree with you. There is no sense in putting a new player, from nowhere, and she's only a pain in the ass, she's a dumb NPC in all 4 difficulties.

And I dunno, I liked the idea of a partner, since Resident Evil 4, because of having Ashley following you everywhere, and I though it would be nice and cool, having a partner, but I didn't like Sheva, she always let me die in Professional difficult, she wastes all my ammunition, always miss (not always, but almost always).

I Think it could be Claire, it would be nicer, all the sister and brother thing, I dunno. Anyway, in the beginning I liked her, but now, I just don't like her.

I think they should make a better AI for the next Resident Evil. And like everybody says, since this isn't scary and a survival horror, they should at least do this. But, they could put some fear in the game, keep with the storyline.

Even with all this, I love playing Resident Evil, especially when someone plays with sheva, online.

Davinfected

You guys do know that Chris is just as bad when you play as Sheva and have him as an AI partner?

I've heard some people say that Chris is a better AI partner, but many times, he runs upto a barrel and takes his knife out... then puts it away again, I'm like "Dude, WTF?? Are you gonna take whats inside or not?"
At least when Sheva's an AI partner she actually smashes the barrels and crates AND picks up the stuff she finds.

And you think Sheva gets in the way? Try having your view of the enemies obscurred by Beefcake Redfield. I'm all for having a guy with massive shoulders in front of me, but not when I'm trying to kill a chainsaw-wielding maniac or a rabid mutated dog. And having him carry that mini-gun around with the backpack that blocks out the sun is a big No-no for me.

That's my moaning done.

Levan

Polkka. lol
I actually played through Sheva one time with Chris as the AI partner, made him carry that big gatling gun of his, and then set him at attack mode.

He killed the first Uroboros boss in less than 20-30 seconds, without the help of my trusty bow and unlimited magnum. D:

And his aim is like, omg so accurate lol, I trust him with the gatling gun better than my older brother. :p

Tallahassee

i can never get the ai to use high powered weapons.... tried giving chris a rl to use against enemies... he knifed them.....

Levan

Polkka. lol
Maybe its due to the AI, its probably thinking that it has only 1 ammo(so he/she is saving it or something), but actually its really infinite, the AI is just stupid enough to not notice. :lol:

Top Bottom