• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Scrapped RE5 Ideas

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Did anyone actually think RE5 was racist when they saw the trailer? I'm sorry but how stupid are people? Were they expecting us to fight Canadians during an outbreak in Africa? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the RE5 we have now, but I think Capcom shouldn't have listened to those morons to said the game was racist just because it featured a white man killing INFECTED Africans.

Perhaps Capcom should release all their scrapped RE ideas and let us judge whether or not it was a good idea to cut them from the main game.
Agreed when i saw the early beta/version of RE5 I was really disappointed, like really let down like if I had a time machine to go back in time to change ANYTHING, it would not be to change my life but make Capcom use the early version instead.
I saw the script and some early concepts of the game and let me tell I would do anything for them to bring it back maybe, you know... RE5 Directors Cut??? :D but no they wouldn't :(

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
http://www.unseen64.net/articles/resident-evil-5-beta-analysis/

A neat little article that talks about all the scrapped ideas for RE5. For example, the first trailer had a younger looking/sounding Chris going up against faster zombies. Also, it was single player. Remember this trailer?

The early build of the Public Assembly battle looked pretty cool in that second trailer. It had Chris going up against a **** ton more Majini alone. It also included cool little set pieces like Chris holding off on top of a bus that the enemies would overturn. That part reminds me of RE4 when you went inside that building and it triggered the cutscene of Leon holding off in the building while a ganado revved up a chainsaw. Also, Chris had the ability to dodge attacks like in RE6.

There were also a ton of boss ideas that were scrapped. For example, Chris was supposed to fight some kind of ancient BOW in the ruins. There was another point were he was going to fight 10-15 El Gigantes at the same time. Yet another cool scrapped boss was a massive Uroburos leech that you were supposed to fight on top of a train.

It seems like the game had all kinds of scrapped points. Too bad about them ditching the early solo Chris vs Zombies build though. Then again, we wouldn't have the fun co-op if they didn't.
Do not forget the early version of Resident Evil 4 as well.

Darkness

Infected
Before the game came out, and I heard about the heatstoke feature and everything, I was soooo exited. I thought "wow... that must mean you spend at least some time in a savanah or a desert... OMG zombie lions and elephants! This is going to be sooooo crazy!" Then I played it and you only spend time in villages/towns/industrial places, no actual wildlife areas of any kind, so I was like "well, ****."

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Before the game came out, and I heard about the heatstoke feature and everything, I was soooo exited. I thought "wow... that must mean you spend at least some time in a savanah or a desert... OMG zombie lions and elephants! This is going to be sooooo crazy!" Then I played it and you only spend time in villages/towns/industrial places, no actual wildlife areas of any kind, so I was like "well, ****."
I heard about the same thing. It was in the VERY first RE5 coverage GameInformer ever did. Over a year before the games actual release. Apparently not only was there the chance of getting heat stroke, but the longer you were in the blistering sun, the more it affected how Tired Chris was and how good his aiming was, among other things.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
I heard about the same thing. It was in the VERY first RE5 coverage GameInformer ever did. Over a year before the games actual release. Apparently not only was there the chance of getting heat stroke, but the longer you were in the blistering sun, the more it affected how Tired Chris was and how good his aiming was, among other things.
Do YOU believe that would've been nice to implement into the game? I personally don't...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Done the right way, it could have been great. We're used to worry about health, ammo and other supplies, some gamers even say that removing these features (i.e. cheating) makes the game less fun to play, so why not add yet another thing to worry about? Of course it would be obnoxious to have Chris collapse every two minutes unless we let him rest in the shadows for half an hour to refill his "heat tolerance meter", and there should be a way to instantly refill it as well (a cold energy drink, maybe?), but it doesn't have to be obnoxious. The developers should manage to find a way to implement the feature in the game as a real threat, but one that doesn't bother you every two minutes. Maybe they just couldn't find a way to do it and left it out because of that.

Personally, I'm curious what Chris would look like when he's all dizzy and tired and unable to aim. :p

Sean

That would have been amazing!! I mean re 5 will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first RExperience(clever or not?) with the games. BUt five is my least favorite, and was missing a hell of a lot. So many aspects of that game bothered me, and that would have made up for a lot of it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That would have been amazing!! I mean re 5 will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first RExperience(clever or not?) with the games. BUt five is my least favorite, and was missing a hell of a lot. So many aspects of that game bothered me, and that would have made up for a lot of it.
Amen to that brother. I haven't tried RE: Revelations yet, however, I hear they do something similar in that one, but it has to do with water level or something.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Amen to that brother. I haven't tried RE: Revelations yet, however, I hear they do something similar in that one, but it has to do with water level or something.
I've played Revelations and I don't think they have something exactly like that, but when you're swimming there are visual cues that represent how much breath you have left. For example, if you've been underwater for a long period of time, then the screen will start to lose color and your vision will become slightly darker around the edges. But this goes away as soon as you regain your breath.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've played Revelations and I don't think they have something exactly like that, but when you're swimming there are visual cues that represent how much breath you have left. For example, if you've been underwater for a long period of time, then the screen will start to lose color and your vision will become slightly darker around the edges. But this goes away as soon as you regain your breath.
I believe that may be what I'm talking about. All I really remember is reading a developer Internet where they talk about something they were going to implement in RER, that was similar to what was originally going to be in RE5.

killer89

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the RE5 we have now, but I think Capcom shouldn't have listened to those morons to said the game was racist just because it featured a white man killing INFECTED Africans.

Resident Evil 1 is racist, since you can kill black zombies in it as a white character.
(The game has some.)

I honestly grinned while writing that so much, that my face hurts now.

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Top Bottom