• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Scrapped RE5 Ideas

Arachnid

http://www.unseen64.net/articles/resident-evil-5-beta-analysis/

A neat little article that talks about all the scrapped ideas for RE5. For example, the first trailer had a younger looking/sounding Chris going up against faster zombies. Also, it was single player. Remember this trailer?

The early build of the Public Assembly battle looked pretty cool in that second trailer. It had Chris going up against a **** ton more Majini alone. It also included cool little set pieces like Chris holding off on top of a bus that the enemies would overturn. That part reminds me of RE4 when you went inside that building and it triggered the cutscene of Leon holding off in the building while a ganado revved up a chainsaw. Also, Chris had the ability to dodge attacks like in RE6.

There were also a ton of boss ideas that were scrapped. For example, Chris was supposed to fight some kind of ancient BOW in the ruins. There was another point were he was going to fight 10-15 El Gigantes at the same time. Yet another cool scrapped boss was a massive Uroburos leech that you were supposed to fight on top of a train.

It seems like the game had all kinds of scrapped points. Too bad about them ditching the early solo Chris vs Zombies build though. Then again, we wouldn't have the fun co-op if they didn't.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I once read that the original story was completely different too. For example, Sheva was supposed to get kidnapped by Wesker, and the whole Jill situation should have turned out differently. That's what bothers me the most, actually. RE5 is fun to play, but has the most boring story of all RE games I've played so far.

While I personally prefer the skinnier Chris we see in the first one of these trailers, I understand that they probably chose to give him a more muscular shape to tell him apart from Leon, just like they changed Leon's original RE2 hairstyle to what we know today because the older model looked too similar to Chris.

Another thing they changed is the way Chris reacts to his surroundings. In one of the very early versions of the game, he was supposed to suffer from the heat if he stayed outside in the sun for too long. But I guess that would have annoyed the hell out of people, so it was removed. Anyway, it would be great if they released the solo beta version of RE5 someday.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Holy crap i haven't seen that first trailer in ages!

I like RE5 gameplay wise, but the story of it does nothing for me. I agree on a solo beta version of RE5, i'd buy it.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I mentioned this exact same thing months ago

Acient B.O.W

Jill was allowed to die

Sheva was apart of a african militia

Hell even Barry was suppose to be in this ( forget in what way though)

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
As i see this again and look at RE5 now I really do feel like shedding a few tears, I mean look if this game had made it out WOW it would of truly been a masterpiece, well to me that is.... But i just can't believe looking back at this how good of a game this could of been :'(
Solo, tense atmosphere, looked freaking scary from my perspective and the game play looked VERY very satisfying and the best part...
ALL THOSE F****** majini :DDDDD
Something else that bothers me is how Capcom likes to screw around with the story like it's nothing...
Changing things at the last minute and twisting the plot...
They should really think things through regarding the story so at LEAST it won't be as ****ty as it is now :/

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
http://www.unseen64.net/articles/resident-evil-5-beta-analysis/

A neat little article that talks about all the scrapped ideas for RE5. For example, the first trailer had a younger looking/sounding Chris going up against faster zombies. Also, it was single player. Remember this trailer?

The early build of the Public Assembly battle looked pretty cool in that second trailer. It had Chris going up against a **** ton more Majini alone. It also included cool little set pieces like Chris holding off on top of a bus that the enemies would overturn. That part reminds me of RE4 when you went inside that building and it triggered the cutscene of Leon holding off in the building while a ganado revved up a chainsaw. Also, Chris had the ability to dodge attacks like in RE6.

There were also a ton of boss ideas that were scrapped. For example, Chris was supposed to fight some kind of ancient BOW in the ruins. There was another point were he was going to fight 10-15 El Gigantes at the same time. Yet another cool scrapped boss was a massive Uroburos leech that you were supposed to fight on top of a train.

It seems like the game had all kinds of scrapped points. Too bad about them ditching the early solo Chris vs Zombies build though. Then again, we wouldn't have the fun co-op if they didn't.
I wouldn't necessarily say that WE wouldn't have a lot of fun if coop wasn't implemented because if i recall correctly I had such a BLAST playing RE4 and RE4 was solo, in fact had much more fun and enjoyed RE4 more then RE5
and I think a lot of people would agree with me, but then again the coop in RE5 WAS a lot of fun.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Google Images...
And to think we all used to believe that was Steve Burnside making his return debut in RE6...

He looks just like Wesker pretty much. Funny, because we all believed that "tube lady" in RE5 was Sherry, and it turned out to be Jill.

Jake was a cool character though. Wonder why he had a different last name. A one night stand perhaps Wesker?

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
And to think we all used to believe that was Steve Burnside making his return debut in RE6...

He looks just like Wesker pretty much. Funny, because we all believed that "tube lady" in RE5 was Sherry, and it turned out to be Jill.

Jake was a cool character though. Wonder why he had a different last name. A one night stand perhaps Wesker?
Well I don't really see the resemblance, I mean when we saw him for the first time not even then could we have figured out he was related with Wesker. But maybe as he get's older we will see the real look of his father. :D

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Did anyone actually think RE5 was racist when they saw the trailer? I'm sorry but how stupid are people? Were they expecting us to fight Canadians during an outbreak in Africa? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the RE5 we have now, but I think Capcom shouldn't have listened to those morons to said the game was racist just because it featured a white man killing INFECTED Africans.

Perhaps Capcom should release all their scrapped RE ideas and let us judge whether or not it was a good idea to cut them from the main game.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well I don't really see the resemblance, I mean when we saw him for the first time not even then could we have figured out he was related with Wesker. But maybe as he get's older we will see the real look of his father. :D
I didn't originally see it, but I do now. In the eyes, nose, mouth, really just the overall facial structure. It looks quite a bit like him. Of course the shaved head with red hair throws it off.

Like when Chris said, "I see your father in you", I see it too. Not just in things like fighting style, but he does resemble him. I mean, just take a look at your sig lol

Now that's actually RE5 Wesker, who in his own right does look quite a bit different than the Wesker we had seen in REmake. But Jake actually does resemble younger REmake Wesker quite a bit more.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Did anyone actually think RE5 was racist when they saw the trailer? I'm sorry but how stupid are people?

Personally, I think it would be racist if the zombies in Africa were white. It would be a clear statement from Capcom that they don't want blacks in their games, not even as zombies. I am against discrimination of (almost) any kind, and if people are supposed to be equal, then everyone has the equal right to be evil.

But it's not like the Majini are evil because they are black; they're evil because they are infected and only happen to be black. The funny thing is: RE4 featured a white American going against Hispanic zombies, and no one complained about that, or at least not that I remember.

People who call everything racist remind me of those women's libbers who think women should have all advantages of men, but not the disadvantages. A clear case of double standards here.

Top Bottom