• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Rwsi will return to roots confirmation.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
speaking of "Dante", am i the only one that gets a "Dante" vibe (or something of this) when Leon (RE6) does his taunt....
OMG, YES YES YES YES!!! I know I wasn't the only one! Especially when he's in his red pirate outfit. He and Damnation Leon look so much like DMC4 Dante. XD That taunt makes me squeal in delight!

The first Devil May Cry was supposed to be Resident Evil 4. They kept the same character model as was going to be Leon, and just changed the costume which is why they're so alike. Look at 013's signature. That's him =p.

Reactions: 013

The first Devil May Cry was supposed to be Resident Evil 4. They kept the same character model as was going to be Leon, and just changed the costume which is why they're so alike. Look at 013's signature. That's him =p.
I knew about that. I get giddy every time I think about it. :D An awesome series born from another awesome series. It also explains why DMC1 was so damn creepy.

Hopefully RE will continue to live as a great series (Despite some modern flaws) and the original DMC will revive. We can only hope for the best and give them our feedback.

sbr999

I recall Capcom saying the same thing for RE6. Hell, they even said ORC will have horror elements to in some gameplay interview.

To be honest, they seem desperate and don't know what to do with the title anymore. They have a bunch of old-school fans who want horror, a bunch of fans who want them to carry on what they are doing now since RE5. Problem is that they want to please both groups, which is impossible and will only lead to a messed result. Like it's proven with RE6.

A possible reboot is not a bad idea, but we already got a thousand versions of RE1 already (original,REmake, Deadly Silence etc.) They should be focusing on characters, whose fates are unknown since the game they last appeared in (Billy, Barry, etc). Or if they really want to do a reboot then just start with RE2, like some rumours suggest they are planning to.

The way the game is right now, it's just not RE to me. It has the name slapped on the box, some characters and that's about it. I can't relate to any of the new characters either, because most of them are poorly written, and simply one-dimensional.

When RE first came out it was unique, but sadly Capcom turned the franchise into a mainstream, mediocre shooter/action game.
If they can do a reboot well, then I'm all for it, but if they just want to use the old-story to make another stupid 'cinematic experience' action game, so they can sell it better, then they should just let the franchise die.

Many will disagree with what I said, but it's just my personal opinion.

masterfortesque

RE4 was so different many considered it a reboot. That's fine. But if they're really going DmC way then it's just easier to skip the zombie boat for good. I don't know for how long I've been clinging on RE just because the story is still interesting. Even with all the flaws in RE6 I was left wanting more. Even if gameplay wasn't changed 1 bit, but there was a lengty and even somewhat acceptable story I would get RE7 tomorrow.

Lately there have been so many reboots many interest in games (and many movies) in general is sharply declining. With Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, DmC, Spyrolanders etc. it feels like I dont even know the games anymore.

IMO it's just easiest to keep the multiple campaigns, but seperate themselves from each other way more. Not every character needs to have killer melee, or infinite weapon slots, or the same amount of health, or a partner, or more or less the same enemies etc. But if Capcom can't grasp the concepts by themselves, hope is lost already. Reboot is a very convenient panic button.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I recall Capcom saying the same thing for RE6. Hell, they even said ORC will have horror elements to in some gameplay interview.

To be honest, they seem desperate and don't know what to do with the title anymore. They have a bunch of old-school fans who want horror, a bunch of fans who want them to carry on what they are doing now since RE5. Problem is that they want to please both groups, which is impossible and will only lead to a messed result. Like it's proven with RE6.

A possible reboot is not a bad idea, but we already got a thousand versions of RE1 already (original,REmake, Deadly Silence etc.) They should be focusing on characters, whose fates are unknown since the game they last appeared in (Billy, Barry, etc). Or if they really want to do a reboot then just start with RE2, like some rumours suggest they are planning to.

The way the game is right now, it's just not RE to me. It has the name slapped on the box, some characters and that's about it. I can't relate to any of the new characters either, because most of them are poorly written, and simply one-dimensional.

When RE first came out it was unique, but sadly Capcom turned the franchise into a mainstream, mediocre shooter/action game.
If they can do a reboot well, then I'm all for it, but if they just want to use the old-story to make another stupid 'cinematic experience' action game, so they can sell it better, then they should just let the franchise die.

Many will disagree with what I said, but it's just my personal opinion.
I actually thought ORC had horror elements. (It wasn't scary at all, but it had the element's to be.)

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Seems like a cool idea, why not.. we always will have the classics to fall back on if we don't like it. I'm open minded about it.

slack

Am I the only one that thinks Resident Evil needs to take a cue from Naughty Dog's The Last of Us? That game isn't even out yet but every time I see a new video for it I can't help but think what a Resident Evil game with be like with that kind of gameplay and GOOD story telling and character development. Seriously if you've been a big fan of RE since the early days (RE 0 - Outbreak) take a look at The Last of Us and tell me you would not have killed to see RE go down a road like that rather than (excuse my language) the pieces of **** that 4, 5, 6 turned out to be, I would include ORC in there but I don't consider that cannon to main RE plot.... that and I actually have a lot of fun on ORC online.

I love Resident Evil to death but since the get-go the characters have always been a bit flat, and the RE story, well that just fell flat on it's face.

PS. RE4 wasn't necessarily a POS, it was actually fun gameplay-wise, but it was the start of a downward spiral for the series.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Am I the only one that thinks Resident Evil needs to take a cue from Naughty Dog's The Last of Us? That game isn't even out yet but every time I see a new video for it I can't help but think what a Resident Evil game with be like with that kind of gameplay and GOOD story telling and character development. Seriously if you've been a big fan of RE since the early days (RE 0 - Outbreak) take a look at The Last of Us and tell me you would not have killed to see RE go down a road like that rather than (excuse my language) the pieces of **** that 4, 5, 6 turned out to be, I would include ORC in there but I don't consider that cannon to main RE plot.... that and I actually have a lot of fun on ORC online.

I love Resident Evil to death but since the get-go the characters have always been a bit flat, and the RE story, well that just fell flat on it's face.

PS. RE4 wasn't necessarily a POS, it was actually fun gameplay-wise, but it was the start of a downward spiral for the series.
Yeah definetly. It keeps geting too simple and casualised. Re4 to re6 has become more linear and action based, although the controls and gun play has vastley improved. And the zombies were a good return to strong form.

Thinking about the movement the other day tho, i feel the prone system is vastly flawed. the way you slide forwards on ur back rather than jumping chest down is plain stupid. NO ONE would fire a sniper rifle such as piers 50 cal style huge gun lying on their back., it would be crazy un accurate. They should go proper prone, not lie on the back like a lazy sunday.
I also feel the counters and insta melee made the game RIDICULOUSLY EASY. No challenge even on professional. Then no achievement for no hope left, so no point doing it for like the 8th. After doing everyones stories twice to get professional, i'd played certian repeated sections like 6 times. Very sh*tty boss fights at times.

Yes i think The Last of Us is a fair game to bring up. Re needs to get something more imaginative and risky. Re6 very risky free, just predictable action.
I am most looking forward to 'State of Decay' , finally, the game i've always wanted is to survive in a free roam zombie world with options such as making a base, teaming up with survivors, and just playing in the world.
I love res 6 combat and mercenaries but i feel surprised to have got so many hours out of it. They need to push boundaries and create something unique and worthwile in its own rights. I feel i got so into re6 as a fan of previous games, as a game on its own merit, well it isn't that amazing, its more the draw of resident evil universe and mercenaries nostalgia that made me play.

I also wanted to add, i feel Capcom made a major cop-out by re-releasing Revelations. Sorry to everyone but i feel this is a big mistake, and lazyness, as its very easy to convert that game quickly to HD and add all of what One extra enemy type, and one player character for the tack-on Raid mode . I feel raid mode doesnt match mercenaries in replay value but thats just imo, i feel they did this game as an easy cash grab, rather than actually invest time and Creative energy to create something for the fans who got Re6. we all asked on many forums and places for more mercs characters and the 32 bit ones are horrible and no diferent in layout. I cant believe they'v not removed quickshot from competitive gametypes survivor and done any updates to that mode which is unplayable from where im sitting. it was very lazy option and saved them actually doing some work to make new DLC for re6.
If they actually make said DLC i'll be happy, but look at the new horror games coming out. Capcom getting lazy, they will need to look at State of Decay, and Dead island: riptide, games i feel will do Zombie killing much better than Resident Evil has in Part 6.

slack

Yeah definetly. It keeps geting too simple and casualised. Re4 to re6 has become more linear and action based, although the controls and gun play has vastley improved. And the zombies were a good return to strong form.

Thinking about the movement the other day tho, i feel the prone system is vastly flawed. the way you slide forwards on ur back rather than jumping chest down is plain stupid. NO ONE would fire a sniper rifle such as piers 50 cal style huge gun lying on their back., it would be crazy un accurate. They should go proper prone, not lie on the back like a lazy sunday.
I also feel the counters and insta melee made the game RIDICULOUSLY EASY. No challenge even on professional. Then no achievement for no hope left, so no point doing it for like the 8th. After doing everyones stories twice to get professional, i'd played certian repeated sections like 6 times. Very sh*tty boss fights at times.

Yes i think The Last of Us is a fair game to bring up. Re needs to get something more imaginative and risky. Re6 very risky free, just predictable action.
I am most looking forward to 'State of Decay' , finally, the game i've always wanted is to survive in a free roam zombie world with options such as making a base, teaming up with survivors, and just playing in the world.
I love res 6 combat and mercenaries but i feel surprised to have got so many hours out of it. They need to push boundaries and create something unique and worthwile in its own rights. I feel i got so into re6 as a fan of previous games, as a game on its own merit, well it isn't that amazing, its more the draw of resident evil universe and mercenaries nostalgia that made me play.

I also wanted to add, i feel Capcom made a major cop-out by re-releasing Revelations. Sorry to everyone but i feel this is a big mistake, and lazyness, as its very easy to convert that game quickly to HD and add all of what One extra enemy type, and one player character for the tack-on Raid mode . I feel raid mode doesnt match mercenaries in replay value but thats just imo, i feel they did this game as an easy cash grab, rather than actually invest time and Creative energy to create something for the fans who got Re6. we all asked on many forums and places for more mercs characters and the 32 bit ones are horrible and no diferent in layout. I cant believe they'v not removed quickshot from competitive gametypes survivor and done any updates to that mode which is unplayable from where im sitting. it was very lazy option and saved them actually doing some work to make new DLC for re6.
If they actually make said DLC i'll be happy, but look at the new horror games coming out. Capcom getting lazy, they will need to look at State of Decay, and Dead island: riptide, games i feel will do Zombie killing much better than Resident Evil has in Part 6.

Agreed, However;

State of Decay looks fun and original and all but I don't think RE needs to look at that for new bright ideas. It looks like Dead Rising meets GTA, which isn't a bad thing, but I feel everything they incorporate into that game wouldn't mesh well into the RE-universe. They're looking to go back to their roots, making something similar in style to State of Decay, though it might be fun, I feel it would be letting down the fans a bit.
Same goes for DI:Riptide. The gameplay and style isn't something they need to look at, but the weapon creating system is something they might want to check into. They did something like that in RE Outbreak with David being able to rig together some makeshift weapons.

Honestly the only reference points I think the new RE should be looking at is RE Outbreak and The Last of Us.

Off topic a bit.
I heard State of Decay isn't going to go online, WTF is that? Is that true?

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I agree with a lot of that, and although I love 4, 5 and 6, 4 turned me off in a huge way when I first picked it up, and definitely was the beginning of the series taking major steps away from it's roots. I have to say though I did like it after playing for a while, and I think that 5 was the biggest actual obvious step away from horror. 4 still manged to scare me.

And I agree that they need to do more with RE6. 2 unlockable costumes in Merce is not enough. For the people who played RE2 till they were blind and had Hunk n Tofu. Def needs rewards for Rankings, and for No Hope, and costumes for story mode.

I totally disagree about Revelations though. Of course every sequel that any game company has ever released has been kind of a cash grab, or they wouldn't bother. It's kind of a blanket statement. I and a lot of people have really wanted to play it, but won't for the life buy a handheld to do it. I'm so glad that enough people wanted it that they decided to port it.
For the same reason, I'm pretty ****ed that Claire's scenario is going to be a WiiU exclusive. It would be such a huge mistake not to bring it as DLC to the other systems. I think making integral, cannon parts of the series completely unreachable/unplayable for large amounts of fans is a HUGE no no. Can you imagine if Code Veronica hadn't ported to PS2? shudder.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I agree with a lot of that, and although I love 4, 5 and 6, 4 turned me off in a huge way when I first picked it up, and definitely was the beginning of the series taking major steps away from it's roots. I have to say though I did like it after playing for a while, and I think that 5 was the biggest actual obvious step away from horror. 4 still manged to scare me.

And I agree that they need to do more with RE6. 2 unlockable costumes in Merce is not enough. For the people who played RE2 till they were blind and had Hunk n Tofu. Def needs rewards for Rankings, and for No Hope, and costumes for story mode.

I totally disagree about Revelations though. Of course every sequel that any game company has ever released has been kind of a cash grab, or they wouldn't bother. It's kind of a blanket statement. I and a lot of people have really wanted to play it, but won't for the life buy a handheld to do it. I'm so glad that enough people wanted it that they decided to port it.
For the same reason, I'm pretty ****ed that Claire's scenario is going to be a WiiU exclusive. It would be such a huge mistake not to bring it as DLC to the other systems. I think making integral, cannon parts of the series completely unreachable/unplayable for large amounts of fans is a HUGE no no. Can you imagine if Code Veronica hadn't ported to PS2? shudder.
thats fair enough, i just feel that they choose a very easy option in making revelations again, to please some fans, while totally disregarding people who want more content for the latest version Re6. As for Claires, I thought that was confirmed to be a myth and not real?
As for Dead island and State of decay, i just feel resident evil needs to stray away from its formula which has gone a bit skitzophrenic in Re6 anyway, i would rather be dropped in a vast area and allowed to explore and find out problems/solutions myself than just a on rails shooter which most of re6 was. Even revelations and re4 are better in that respect that they allow you to explore and find out what to do without telling you everything so explicitly. I also feel the sense of survival, and apocalypse was so lost in re6, i always had an arsenal of weapons and an AI teammate, and the enemies felt under powered on many sections you can just run through the game and they dont notice your there.
I never feel like its a real world, it always felt built and revolving around my character, not enough immersion for me. Just been honest, i really did love re6 and play it a lot but i can't not state how much better it can be!
As for State of decay and online probaly a discussion for the 'off topic section', although briefly i can tell you the developers always wanted to add co-op but havent been able to do it for release. however they are code naming state of decay 'class 3' means a country or state side infection/outbreak, it is primarily a single player game with a map the same size as Oblivion/Skyrim.
and they are working on 'class 4' to release later, which means a larger or worldwide outbreak. Once state of decay is out, they are working on its 'Class 4 sequel' which will have thousands of players in each server and Huge maps, so basically every survivor will be a real person., its basically State of Decay going global, after they use this as a single player test. They also say they will add co-op into State of Decay in an update, hopefully within a few months. Thanks for your thoughts as well i agreed with a lot of what you guys said.

Top Bottom